Thanksgiving is so close, I can taste it! I can also taste it because I got some cranberry sauce on my collar.

I’m so thankful to have a show where I can help people in need. This week I’m celebrating Thanksgiving week by honoring amazing families. For 10 seasons I’ve found people and stories that have touched my heart, and I’ve done what I can to give back to them -- from families in need, to incredible everyday heroes, these are some of my favorite moments from the whole show. I’m looking back on a lot of them, and creating new ones as well!

This week, one couple is getting everything but the kitchen sink! Actually, I’m renovating their entire house, so they’ll probably get a kitchen sink, too.

One of my favorite people to surprise is Lisa Jarmon. She’s here to tell me about life in her new house. I’ll also be showing some of her legendary reactions.

Speaking of things I’m grateful for… Sophia Grace & Rosie are here! It’s the last time I’m gonna get to see them before they have to return to England. Apparently, they have things like “school” and “family” to get back to.

Jesse Tyler Ferguson is swinging by from the set of “Modern Family.” Every time Jesse is here, something hilarious happens. Whether I’m scaring him, or throwing flour at him or throwing chocolate pudding at him, it’s always fun for me. I can’t believe he keeps coming back.

Also, the star of “The Hunger Games” series, Jennifer Lawrence, is here for her first appearance on the show! She’s only 22 and has already been nominated for an Oscar. When I was 22 I had a perm and a mullet at the same time.

There’s so much to be thankful for this week. One of the things I’m most thankful for is you.

See you Monday!

ellen_signature_blue

--Ellen

Comments

(Page 1 of 33) 1234567Older
bill

hi, ellen thank you for your news letter. . i am sorry but i am not going to have a good thansgiving this year because i don't have the money to do any thing with i have lots off bill to pay and don't have the money for them eather. all i do wach your show every night and i love it. i am a security officer that only make a minimum guege not very much to do any thin with , sorry to tell you this. my neibers . depending on me for any medical need. i am a valunteer fire and medica.. love you ellen.. bill martin

Arlene bonjonia

Thank you for not responding to me,all you had to soy was you couldn't help us. I wrote you about my son needed a wisdom tooth to be remove and he didn't have any insurance an that my husband and I was on disability. I also told you that he would have worked for in return. You have a bless thanksgiving.

gloria larsen

I have been trying to change my email address and even sign up again but i am not receiving a confirmation email so i can complete what i am doing. Either email addresses i put it in comes back not valid. Help

James Williams

I am a great fan and I am in the need of help.
I am a single father of two that has been bless to raise the two to the ages of 22 and 20. They were born in the Dominican Republic, I could have left them, but being the responsible person that I am, We came to the USA in 2007. With the economy as is, I have not been blessed enough to find a new JOB. The kids grandmother has been sick for the past 6 months, I want so much help me with round trip for them to be able to visit her before she goes to heaven. Can you with your large heart, find a way to help with round trip tickets to and from the DR.. Enough about me, I am a great fan, you make me laugh every time I watch your..I wish you all the success in your career, kiss your gorgeous mother for me and tell the wife hello.

Ellen, I really mean what I say, you are GREAT..
Have a good week.....

James Paul Williams
Silver Creek, MS
Jpwms588@hotmail.com

Roxanna Ruble

Hmmm... w ow I guess I meed to catch up your last e-mail said its 11-11 make a wish.... hmmm welll its like 12-wheres the calender..k 10 wow gotta catch uo Love Love Your Show Ellen IT MAKES SOOOO Happy!!! Look forward to it every day!! Merry Merry Christmas Elllen!!!!!

Jim

I know that you have helped so many familys in need and asking to help my daughter and her two sons my not have needed your help. So thank you for taking the time to listen.

Gale Winchester

Hi Ellen, I like when you have Sophia Grace and Rosie on the show. They are so cute. They can make anyone day a little happier. And the outfits that they are really cute. I have two niece who love to dress up, the only they like even better, is when they get to dress up with them. I have a great time. They are 5 and 8 years old and cute. I think I just said that because they are my niece. I am really looking forward to your show this week. You have some great people this time. See you at 3:00 tomorrow. Love Gale

Shea Stiefel

ELLEN, IM SUPER CHALLENGED IN MY LIFE BECAUSE I AM SOMETHING LIVING LIFE WITH THE MOST OPTIMISTIC SAVE THE PLANET & ALL THE HEARTS IN THE WORLD KIND OF ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERES A GAZILLION TERRIBLE THINGS THAT I COULD BE SUPER DOWN FOR IN MY LIFE-------------------BUT I CHOOSE TO GIVE GOODNESS INSPITE OF IT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS HONESTLY MADE ME WHO I AM & I KNOW FOR SURE WITHOUT GROWING UP WITH NO PARENTs & BEING an ORPHAN & MY MOTHER BEING KILLED BY a 13 YEAR OLD DRUNK DRIVER & THEN DYING BECUZ THE AMBULANCE GOT LOST ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL ------------- & SHE BLED TO DEATH------------------BUT SHE WAS SOOO BEAUTIFUL-INSIDE & OUT & KIND & LOVING THAT ITs THE REASON I AM WHO U AM !!!!!!!!!! MY BROTHER WAS ONLY 1 YRS OLD & I had just turned 6..... My Momma had just turned 25 Years OLD & Then went to Heaven 5 Days LATER...... WITH NO MONEY WE WAS RAISED & NO JAIL TIME for THE KILLER of 2 bcuz she was a passenger....... My Uncle GAVE UP HIS AWESOME FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP 2 COME HOME & RAISE ME & MY BROTHER !!!!!!!! WE HAVE NEVER had MONEY but WE LIVED AS RICH AS THE RICHEST MILLIONAIRE ON THIS EARTH----------BCUZ WE WERE RICH FULL OF LOVE & BECUZ ALABAMA WON their 15th CHAMPIONSHIP LAST NITE----I SALUTE MY UNCLE TONY--MY MOTHERS YOUNGEST BROTHER WHO HAS NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED & SAID IF IT WASNT FOR US KIDS HE COULD HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF ALABAMAs CHAMPIONSHIP DYNASTY WEARING HIS LUCKY #15 JERSEY......... SO TONITE ELLEN I WANT To SAY THANKS for ALL THE SMILES YOUVE GIVEN & ALL THE INSPIRATION YOU GIVE & THE LOVE OF FOOTBALL & THE RESPECT OF THE PLAYERS YOU LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!! MY UNCLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESSED ME WITH A WONDERFUL HUSBAND TOOOO & TODAY I WANTED TO SHARE THIS BLESSING OF WHAT THE #15 MEANS to My LIL FAMILY DOWN HERE IN ALABAMA!!!!!!IT MEANS SOOOO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!! IM THE ONLY GIRL other than my MOMMA in my FAMILY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE U ELLEN & MAY GOD BRING YOU AS MUCH HAPPINESS AS U HAVE SHARED WITTH ALL OF US!

Tammy Velazquez

I dont know what to write about except my Aunt and her son in Taylorville,IL. She is terminally ill and in desperate need of a lung transplant, I have emailed the 700 club and have asked many people for help to no avail,Ellen my Aunt is an angel among us and with my finanancial situation worse of than hers and almost being killed on May 19th of this year alone and unable to give what I so desperately want to,Idont know where else to turn I gues what Im sayin is she is the only family I have and I want my son to get to know her,but I also understand when god wants her to finaly to come home he will take her too. I dont know where to turn or if even you can help us but I know that you have a wonderful great big heart and maybe can find a way to bring ustogether for therest of her days I Love her so very much and need her in my life because we are all we have. We both could use a vehicle,home and financial means so we dont go on the streets. God Bless and any little miracle will help.

julie Grande

Ellen, I love watching your show every day, You make me laugh and forget my problems. You are an amazing person the way you help everyone. You make this world a better place.

Cynthia McCarty

I love you Ellen and all the good things that you do help others. I just love to see you dance everyday your just so cool.
Thanks Cynthia McCarty Chicago Happy Holidays to you and yours

Merry Corso

Hi Ellen and thank you for all you do. Merry Christmas & A Very Happy New Year to you and your family.

susan

hi ellen i been watching you show since you start and i send you email after email after email for teckt to see you r show :-( and i really want to on 12 day so i try and try again nothing i watch your show everyday at 3 its my relaxing time i enjoy you r show for one hour every day from the day you start and i am trying to flow you on twit :-) hope one to come and see you in person and meet you r mom and your lovely wife ellen keep the fun going on you r show any way hope one day i ll be in you r show with my girls i dant thing well be this year because the 12 day its over :-) soon any way good luck and hope to see ya soon i well love to recive call from you so i can be cool in front of my girls :-) 858 3619537 that my cell num :-) merry chrisma

cindy mclean

hey ellen, wishing you a very merry christmas and happy new year
watch your show every day ,thank you for always putting a smile on my face cindy new brunswick canada

wilsondorie@gmail.com

Hi Ellen, thank you for not just making us laugh but for showing that you truly care about people. Your kindness and warmth show in your eyes and you smile.

I also wanted to tell you a funny ( I think it is funny) story. My name is Dorie. And during the time Nemo first came out my daughter Kate and I went to Disney. Now we went to dinner one night at the Rain Forest Cafe and they sat us right in front of a large fish tank. During the evening, DOZENS of children would yell, " Look Mommy, there's Dory!" " Look Daddy, there's Dory!" Over and over I kept looking up thinking someone was calling for me. My daughter and I still laugh about that night. Thank you for making Dory the fish so sweet, I still get ask if " I'm a natural blue"
You take care and have a wonderful Christmas holiday.
Sincerely, Dorie Wilson