The East Coast is in need of our help. Ellen reached out to her viewers to do what they can to aid the Tri-State area and beyond in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.

You can make a donation to the Red Cross right here.

Comments

(Page 2 of 2) Newer12
Marilyn J Banford

HURRICANE SANDY INFO:

I bought something on-line and just happened to ask the lady what part of the country she was in .. as I live in the Vancouver BC Canada area..

She told me "I’m in Atlanta" Georgia..

I asked how she fared in the storm.. here is her reply

"Thanks for asking, we are fine here. I was born and raised in NJ & all my family is still there. We are still in shock - everyone is fine, but 3 of my family members have completely lost there homes - gone!!!! It is so unbelievable"

Ellen, I don't know if you can reach out to this family, but it would be pretty special.

Her name is Tara Chambers 678.772.6225
She owns the website / store - Merritt's Momentos

Thanks so much for all you do.. you are a very bright spot in my day(s) (and heart) as well.. blessings.
mjb

Marilyn J Banford
604.535.9971

Jane

I've Lived here on Long Island all my life 60years. I've never seen such devastation. It's so hard to see my family going through this. My brother and sister in law lost there house. He was injured at work a few years ago and now he lost his home that he occupied for 28 years. He took such good care of his home and now its gone. They have nothing. What a great way to go into retirement after working hard your whole life. My sister in law and brother in law also lost there home and both their cars. We lent them one of our cars for the time being. Wish we could afford to do more. We still don't have power day 11 but its a small price to pay. Unfortunately the looting and burglaries have begun. What has happened to the American way. We are failing our children. Lipa is to blame they have an antiquated system that has been in place since the 1930 s. lets face it all of the companies money goes to the top executives and there big payouts . In this day and age with all of our technology we should have one of the best systems out there. But instead the executives are grossly over paid.

Deanna O'Connor

Ellen,
So many families were affected by hurricane Sandy and I know many are seeking help in your direction. Everyone has a story and everyone needs some sort of help but I am hoping that this email stands out.

My niece got married this past June, 2012. Her in-laws lived on Breezy Point, Long Island Queens NY. It wasn't enough that Hurricane Sandy flooded 3 of her in laws homes, and business, one home burnt entirely to the ground.

Fire rescue crews could not get through the flood waters to distinguish the fire and 100 homes over the span of 4 blocks burnt to the ground. These families are left with Nothing but despair and memories of their homes and neighborhood.

I am asking you for some type of help for this family and their neighborhood. Their last name is Strong, and believe me, it is more than a name! They are fighting to get back on their feet and any help or donations are welcome.

My niece created a website for donations on Deposit a Gift, however, I don't think that will be enough: Hurricanerecovery.mydagsite.com

Please consider the Strong Family and other families from this area.

In advance, thank you for your time and consideration,

Deanna O'Connor

Rhonda Lerner

Just a thank you for not forgetting the sandy victims. We are from New Jersey and just got done taking 500 lunch bags we made for the police,national guard,armed forces, and people in need. It is much more devasting then people can imagine with the snow storm, no electricity etc. you are right they "can't catch a break". Thank you thank you!!

kathy lawler

My dearest daughter at the age of 13, compiles all our clothes we als don't want .. anymore and put into boxes and bags. She's put together some "care" packages and wants to PERSONALLY DRIVE to NY City ( 5-hours away).. to personally deliver and help out over the weekend, since We have no school on Monday and Tuesday next week... WHAT AN AWESOME THOUGHT OF CARING and loving.....! ! :-))....Blessings and prayers to everyone..:-))..

Judy OBraitis

I live in Long Island NY so I could only speak from what I have seen here. It is total devastation. People having no homes to go back to because they were destroyed, washed away or totally flooded. It's heart breaking that there are still so many people without power, food, coats, or blankets and that not to mention the homes they don't even have to go back to. They have to start all over again....young people,with babies, older people,that don't even know,where to begin. Most importantly for now we need to get food, warm clothes and blankets to these people. Please find it in your heart to help in any way possible. I pray for all the victims of this Hurricane which was followed up by a Nor'Easter just a few days later. Also, we have now had to go back to odd/even days to ration the gasoline situation.....if you can, pay it forward. It will make you feel better then the people you've helped. Thank you.

leila

Thank you Ellen for helping the East Coast. We really appreciate it because we really need it ;)

Kim Messmer

Hi Ellen...like all of your fans, I am always inspired by your continued desire to help those in need. You brighten my day everyday with your smile, wit, and kind, beautiful heart. When I turn on your show that I record each day, at the end of my day, I go to bed with laughter & joy, and a happy, inspired heart. Be kind is something I say to my 4 year old daughter each and every day!

I was born and raised in NY, and still have family and close friends scattered throughout the state. When Sandy hit with such a destructive path, I thought, there has got to be something I can do from my home in Colorado. I posted a Facebook message asking for my amazing community to go through their closets, and pick some things that we could then send to NY / NJ and the response was overwhelming. I assumed a couple of bags and off they would go. I am up to 40 and counting. The problem now is that after contacting the Red Cross & Salvation Army, I have no way of sending these large bags to those in need.

You are a woman who knows how to get things done, so I am turning to you for help. We just want to show the east coast that we are thinking of them with this gift of warm clothes, towels, bedding, diapers and the like and to remind them that they are not forgotten.

Thank you for being a bright light in all of our lives!

Sincerely,