There’s a record-breaking number of women in the Senate! Ellen discussed it in her monologue.

Comments

Pamela Young

HAPPY NEW YEAR Ellen!!!
As we begin to pack away our Christmas, may we remember we don't have to put away our Christmas spirit. Let Christmas and the love it represents live in our hearts the whole year through! Keep Christmas in your heart!
Pamela

DaleLynn Gardner

Ellen your jokes about women during this segment were of the worst kind: reinforcing the negative and untrue stereotypes of women. The silent treatment for foreign policy? Bring a casserole and we'll let you immigrate? I understand that to a comedian everything is fair game to get a laugh, but face it Ellen, you are a role model to scads of adoring fans. When the man who was watching your show with me laughed and said, "And THAT'S exactly why women shouldn't be playing at politics." I turned off your show and I will never turn it on again.

You threw us under the bus, just to get a laugh.

I'm a 55 year old woman (in politics, I might add) who came o****e during the time of women's lib. I have been bristling at those stupid jokes about women my whole life. Like pollock jokes, and blonde jokes, and towel-head jokes, and men jokes, and women driver jokes, and *** jokes, your jokes were funny but with an underlying bigotry that reinforces untrue stereotypes. I never thought I would hear one from you.

You may have been trying to mock the stereotypes rather than the women, but it didn't come off that way to me or my friend. As far as he's concerned you just confirmed that women are only good at petty behavior like the silent treatment, and having potlucks.

BTW ... I have never given anyone the silent treatment. I would never be so rude. That is not a female trait, that is something only a petty person would do, and that is not dependent on having a vagina.

2 Replies
Joyce Ensign

I am a faithful viewer, and would like to make a comment on the election. In Wisconsin we elected the first openly gay woman, Tammy Baldwin, to the Senate, and as she was in Congress before, her replacement, Mark Pocan is an openly gay man. It is wonderful to see these things happening. Now Wisconsin has to go for gay marriage!!

Dale Chubin

It was my daughters first time to vote and this is what she had to say afterwards on facebook.

Jackie

The 47% pulled it together. Women will still have their rights and so will the rest of the small groups. If you voted for Romney, I'm sorry. But as a woman and someone who is lumped together in the group of people who would have been severely affected by his presidency. Rape is rape. Gays are humans. Single parents can have their children. Religion has no place in politics. I might lose friends but I'd rather have my rights than those who are too ignorant to see what damage he could have done. We got four more years of Obama. I don't even care if I'm in a Red state anymore. My rights are still protected. ♥

I've never been prouder of her....she is a strong young woman.

Ellen, thanks for reading this

John Denver

Hello Ellen

Congrats on Ruling Iceland, we finally have your show <3
Before i would just watch you constantly on youtube.

I have a favor for an actor to come on your show to chat,
his name is Ian Someholder, from the Vampire Diaries (Damon Salvatore)
Maybe you can tease him on his shirtless pics on the Vampire Diaries
He is really handsome and i'm a big fan of you and him ^^

John Denver - Iceland

Michele   M.   Arbour

Hi Ellen,

How's everything going for you?
Ellen, soon a woman President of the United State!!!
Ellen I have a request for some two actress on your show for a chat about their show,they are Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander of 'Rizzoli and Isles'(they are part of the Warner Brothers Family)on TNT Cable Network. Winter Permiere is on Tuesday,November 27th.Ellen please just think about please!!Thank you.

Love you and Portia Big Hugs,Mama I Love you and Big Hug.

Michele

margarita munoz

ellen .yo se que estas muy contenta con los cuatro anos mas del presidente obama en mi familia votamos por el que dios le de vision y sea justo por igual con todos en esta hermosa gran nacion .felicidades.ellen eres muy traviesa .take care portia and may god continue to blessing you and your family .by the way what happen with my 12 days tickets i still waiting .you #2 fan m.m

32 fan

Maggie

LOL..I misread this "It was a big election for women, with a record-breaking number of women in the Senate!"

I thought it read "It was a big election for women, with a record-breaking number of women in ELLEN!

I got lost in translation.