The East Coast is still in need of help, and with another storm coming, it's more important than ever to give what you can. You can make a donation right here.

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
Kevin Palladino

I am the owner of Pals Power Washing, LLC located in Southington, CT and would like to offer my services to families that are in need of having dirt, mud, etc washed away from thier homes. I can be reached at www.palspowerwashing.com or on Facebook.

Lisa Bannister

What a touching story on Wednesday's show. That couple so deserves what you did for them. It is so heartbreaking to hear about the Hurricane Victims still without stuff. I know in my hometown Erie Pa, we have several drives set up tp collect items and transport to them. I would really like to help out though. I owned a speciality store in Erie, with Wedding & Baby stuff in it. I would like to find a couple that was hit by the Hurricane lost everything for their wedding. I want to donate my wedding items I had in my store to a couple: wedding dresses, invites, thank yous, centerpieces ect.. maybe you can help me out with this?

Michele

I don't have money to donate.
I cried when they did a show to earn funds and I had only 60 cents in my account that week and no credit to speak of.

I have my own animal rescue and sanctuary in Montana and am taking in displaced cats from the storm. I am beyond capacity right now, but it's the only way I can help out. I cannot financially give anything, but I can make room for more furr-babies. I can shovel snow and pet/baby sit to earn their keep.

If there are any other shelters or foster homes that can lighten the burden...the animals need our help too. Do what you can. Thanks for BFAS for helping to transport them across the country for me. Thanks for all those who are helping and donating their money...or their time, and let's not forget all of the homeless animals that were left behind.

Eileen Harkins

Ellen, I saw that a you helped a deserving couple in Pt. Pleasant. While I don't know this couple, I was brought to tears by what you have done. I live in central New Jersey and the devastation at the shore is horrendous. So much has been lost, but when I saw this, it definitely lifted my spirits. To lose the shore is like losing a close friend. But it means so much knowing you and others are willing to help that I can only ask God to bless you and everyone for their acts of kindness. It means soooo much to all of us here on the East Coast.

Eileen Harkins

Janet

Ellen,
Since the day after Superstorm Sandy hit NJ, brothers Vinnie and Frank Tatick from Monmouth County have been tirelessly helping out with the clean up. The first few days they fixed numerous chainsaws and generators, and charged cell phones with a battery powered charger. They made special trips to check on elderly residents. Then, from their own limited funds, purchased work gloves, dust masks, and plastic bags and made trips to different communities to pass them out so residents could get started on the clean up. They have depleted their own funds, and are looking for donations of these same items to continue helping with the clean up. Vinnie's facebook page has more details. http://www.facebook.com/vinnie.tatick If possible could you send them supplies to hand out?

Carol Huber

PLEASE help me donate blankets & winter clothes to the victims of Sandy. Everyone seems to want money & I live in St Petersburg, Florida, so I have winter items that I can't use & they can. The items are in great shape, but I can't find where to take them.

Bernadette Hoban

Dear Ellen, I DVr your show every night and watch it when I come home from work. I live in Brooklyn, ny and the past few weeks have been so rough with the devasting storm. I spent a day in breezy point helping my cousin whose house was flooded in six feet of water. His brother also on breezy point lost his house in the fire that destroyed along with over 110 other homes.

Your good deeds are a great source of strength and hope for so many people. I simply just want to say thank you for being who you are and please keep the good going.

We will rebuild and it is with everyone's help and prayers

Love Bernie Hoban

Jill

I now live in San Diego, originally from Queens, NY (have also lived on Long Island and in NJ.) All these areas were affected by Hurricane Sandy. All my family still lives back there. Thank you, Ellen in helping people not forget about the devastation that has been brought to my home state. Living here and seeing the heartbreaking pictures of all the devastation this Hurricane has left behind pains me so much. My husband works for San Diego Gas and Electric here and his company was one of many out-of-state utility companies who sent people back to help people get their power back on...some people went more than a week without and some are STILL without power. I keep finding myself crying over what has happened there. Pictures do not do it justice (as I remember since I was living back there when 9/11 occurred.) Please keep all in your thoughts and prayers. And thank you to all who have donated. We all are experiencing tough economic times but some of these people have lost everything, if you can donate anything to help them, please do. Thank you, again!

joann

Ellen I don't need 12 days of christmas... I need a computer to find a job... Can you please help me? Love You - Joann from Queens

Marion

My name is Marion and I'm from New Jersey. My family all live at the shore. It's a shame what's still going on up there. I'm living in Va. but it all hits my heart down here. My nephew, his wife, and 3 small children had to leave Seaside when this all happened. The kids are 6,7, and 8. The girls are 7&8 and the boy is 6. They have nothing. My daughter lives in a 2 bedroom trailor but she took them in when a man at one of the shelters tried to grab one of the girls.I am disabled so I can't help them. I know someone out there can help this family please. Clothes, toys you don't play with anymore. They have nothing. Thank-you all for your kindness.

Liza Kates

Thank you so much for all of the compassion and air time you are devoting to those severely affected by Hurricane Sandy. I am a PTA volunteer and have started in a program in New Jersey called Hurricane Sandy Children's Art Reflections Project. This program is an off-shoot of a national PTA art competition. We will have two art days for the children most affected by the storm in Hudson /Northern Bergen counties and one in the South Jersey shore area.

We will have art therapists, art teachers and student volunteers to help the children make art in a safe, nurturing and fun environment. I saw the exhibit The Day our World Changed: Children's Art of 9/11 and was so moved by the experience. I wanted to give something to these children who have suffered the loss of their homes, neighborhoods and schools, and allow them to express their feelings and emotions through art. I am hoping that we can have these art days be a therapeutic day for the children and their families and then assemble the works into a show that can travel throughout the state of New Jersey. We have had an unbelievable outpouring of support for those people in need and still displaced from their homes. I am hoping a program like this will be another comfort to the children.

I am hoping you can help us by providing art supplies or money for art supplies for the children to come with their families and create art in a safe, nurturing and creative environment. We have art therapists, art teachers and volunteers who will be helping us with the program. I have reached out to the NYU Child Study Center for help and The School of Visual Arts through their art therapy masters program. Also I must include that is a volunteer operation, all supplies will be donated, as well as time from professionals. Our time frame we are looking at is a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in early to mid- December and I am hoping to have 600+ people over the course of the two events.

Any support of our event will be greatly be appreciated, or any special surprise guest appearances would be awesome for the children!

I also wanted to add a personal note how much I appreciate your show and how it has cheered up my teenage daughter who has been having a very challenging time with allergy issues and her school. She is always cheered up and smiling when she watches your show. She especially loved the Halloween episode, Sophia Vergara is her favorite character from her favorite comedy, Modern Family. Congratulations on your 10th Anniversary!

Cathy Edwards

I love watching families in need get such wonderful treats thanksvto Ellen and all her wonderful, generous sponsors, including Hyundai. Being an emplyee at a Toyota\Hyundai dlrship in Duluth, Mn makes it especially exciting! So many good people out there!

Wanda Messer

Yesterday we had a bake sale at work and raised over $1100.00 for employees from our company that were devistated by Sandy.

Jessica

Coming in this weekend for two weeks of work, with adventures.org if you have time, you can help!!!

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older