With a big election on the horizon, Ellen took a moment to talk to her viewers who might still be undecided.

Comments

DJ Zimmie

I'm straight, I'm a man and I love Ellen.

I find all the politically criticizing comments below very ironic. People that write "there are more important issues" must be straight because if they were GLBT, they'd be fighting for EQUAL (not special) rights like Ellen is. Must be nice to not have to worry about that fight...

I also hope the female critics below are enjoying the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. You turned the clocks back an hour on Saturday, don't turn your rights back 30 years on Tuesday...

eawtexas

Ellen I love and your show. But was very bothered by it on Fri when you told people to vote for Obama because he's for gay marriage. You know he was against it until he needed your vote. Don't fall for the political games. There are so many serious problems with this country, especially CA. Thanks for being so funny and kind!

Grace

Hey Ellen... Equal air time, Lets hear a shout out for Mitt on Monday.

Tiffany Nelson

Ellen I love your show! I think everyone has a right to voice their opinion. Not all fans are for Obama and not all fans are for Romney either. I think everyone is looking way into this. Maybe I'm dumb but out of your show today, I didn't think you were trying to promote any kind of political view on who we should vote for. Ellen I love you and I thought your show was just fine!!! People can look way into things and make something that just isn't what your thinking. Love Ya Ellen!!!

Angela

Ellen, I know it is your show but it was tacky to voice your political opinion. You have a right to live how you wish, but I do agree with Linda there are more things wrong with this country. Thank God we have the freedoms we do. I will voice my opinions next week.

Robynn

I love your show but telling your audience you can't believe they haven't made up their minds because it's like picking from blueberry pie and vinegar, is just wrong! Just because Obama is for gay marriage, it doesn't mean he can manage our country. I think the last 4 years have confirmed that. Celebrities shouldn't use their shows as avenues to endorse any candidate.

Linda

I don't think you should mix your political view with your tv show.
Not all of your fans are Fans of Obama.
And also Ellen...I think there is more important things going on in this country that need to fixed.
Just saying

Anna

Ellen, I love you and I love your show - never miss it! But I just wanted to say that I find it very tacky when celebrities, and people of your stature and popularity, promote political candidates for the simple reason that while marriage equality is an important issue, it's not the only issue, and by promoting your candidate of choice, you might be swaying uneducated voters that are unaware of other important topics, simply because they vote for YOUR favorite candidate. And I feel that it is very important that each person vote based on the issues that are important to them as an individual, not based off of who their favorite celebrity is voting for. Anyways, I hope that makes sense. I still love you though.

Sarra

You're totally right Ellen , voting is a privilege that many don't have and many are fighting and dying for... don't waste this advantage !!!
Love you ellen
Hugs
Sarra

Maggie

One of these days Ellen will wake up!!