She flew to Washington, DC to receive the nation's highest honor in comedy. See what Ellen had to say about her experience.

Comments

keith singleton

In addition to my comment below, let me just say another book by Twain was banned for seventy five years. It was about a 17 year old girl who become commander in charge of an an army. It was called Joan of Arc. Hmmm, maybe that should be banned again for using words like "wench."

keith singleton

In addition to my comment below, let me just say another book by Twain was banned for seventy five years. It was about a 17 year old girl who become commander in charge of the French Legion army. It was called Joan of Arc. Hmmm, maybe that should be banned again for using words like "wench."

keith singleton

Of course, she's joking about not knowing Twain. Since she didn't go to college, probably the only thing she actually knows about him is that he has been banned from schools for writing the first satire of racism. I think she is kowtowing to the black sector who aren't grateful for what he did, because she, like they, refuse to go to college and actually get educated.

Barb

When was - is the Mark Twain Award Show ??

Jacalyn Carter

Ellen I truly enjoyed watching the Mark Twain Prize, it was so funny and you deserve to win it! Congrats!

Doly

Omg I can't wait to see the whole thing! Sean Hayes singing Till There Was You looks hilarious!