It’s finally starting to feel like fall in L.A. It’s the perfect weather for apple picking and jumping in piles of leaves. I haven’t been outside yet, but that’s what people are saying on Twitter.

The weather in L.A. might be cooling down, but things on my show are heating up! The handsome Colin Farrell is here! He kisses me every time he sees me. He’s like my Great Aunt Linda, but with less Jean Naté.

Now, I have some big news. Huge. You might want to hold on to something. Cat Week is back! It’s an entire week of cat videos and cat comedy like never before. They’ll be talking about it from Catalina to Kathmandu! See, it’s already starting.

Bethenny Frankel is back this week, and things are definitely going to get interesting. She has an uncanny ability to get people to open up. You never know what people are gonna tell her. Last time she was over, Mama told her that Vance is her favorite child. She tells that to everyone, but still.

And if you loved my writer, Amy, going to Costco and talking to people in song lyrics, you don’t want to miss where I’m sending her this week, especially if you love “One Direction.” Baby, she lights up my world like nobody else.

I’m also excited to talk to two of the funniest men on television. Eric Stonestreet just won his second Emmy for “Modern Family”, and one of my favorite people, Matthew Perry, is here to talk about his new show, “Go On.”

Kate Walsh is here to tell me about her final season of “Private Practice.” She’s one of those people I know is going to be fun every time she’s here. Sandra Day O’Connor is another.

And if you didn’t hear about news anchor Jennifer Livingston from WKBT in La Crosse, Wisconsin, you’re in for a real treat. After receiving a letter from a bully about her weight, Jennifer responded in a powerful and inspiring way. I can’t wait to talk to her about it.

Speaking of inspiring, I’m so excited to introduce you to someone who has done something that I can’t believe. Anthony Robles won the NCAA wrestling championship. That’s amazing. What’s even more amazing is that he was born with only one leg. If you’ve ever felt like there was something you couldn’t overcome, this show is for you. I’ll see you there!

ellen_signature_blue

--Ellen

Comments

(Page 1 of 49) 1234567Older
Alicia Young

I would like to nominate by brother, Kamal Hameed. He has been laid off from the steel mill here in Maryland since June 2012. He has a daughter that just entered college and a wife that is too sick most of the time to work. My brother is 56 years old. He worked as a Tractor/Forklift/Overhead Crane Operator for the last 16 years and now has no health insurance, life insurance or pension because the last company that owned the steel mill filed for bankruptcy. Pretty soon his unemployment will be running out, too. My brother still makes it a point to give and help those he comes by that are in need and ask for help because of our faith but I can tell my big brother is afraid of not being able to keep his family home or vehicles. His and his wife's vehicles are much need of repair and their home, too. His refrigerator, washing machine, deck and basement walls are all falling a part at the same time. My husband and I would love to be able to help my big brother and his family but I am not able to work, now due to a work-related disability. Oh I forgot to mention...my brother is an awesome drummer.....he is known by the likes of the famous drummer Dennis Chambers and more. Kamal is very humble and would never seek help from others although he is usually the first to help those in need without question. I am sure his friends have no idea how he is struggling because he does not want them ever to feel like he would exploit their friendship or begrudge them their good fortune. Now as Kamal's sister I have no shame in shouting to the world MY Brother NEEDS HELP!!!! I pray someone is listening and will comply.

nancy williams

ellen, I am writeing u to see if u can help me.i am 57 yrs old.i was raped by my brother in law when I was 10,got pregnant when I was 15, I quit school at 15, I have no education,i now have 2 children.after having my son die after living two days,i have lost my home because I could not pay for it.i have lost almost every car I ever had,i now have a 2001 Nissan sentra and every month I am scared they will take that,i am disabled and receive ssi,can u please help me I don't even know where food is comeing from,any help will be appricated,please help me.thank u nancy williams

Mario maisonet

Hey Ellen I'm writing to ask if you could help me find some help in getting some scholarships for my beautiful and smart daughter I've kinda let her down on putting money aside for college .she a great kid that deserves the world if I could give it to her but for now all she really wants is to go NYU and study to be come a teacher I've tried filling out some on line scholarships but I just keep hitting walls .
P.s. I'm willing to give my one good leg to help her get her dream come true lol.

Joan Biggs

dear Ellen, I am writing about my best friend and her husband. They need help very very much. Her husband Bull had a bad stroke in June and he has been in hospitals and nursing homes ever since until Monday of this week.They are overloaded with bills one bill alon was $15000 dollars and his insurance paid 67 cents.My friend Delsie has heart problems and is diabetic. She needs to have one and maybe two toes taken off,they have turned black.Please help them any way you can.Thanks

Carol

Ellen: Please have the 2 little girls on again they are great.
Hope to meet you in person and to see your show.
Take Care And God Bless:
Carol Ward

stella

Ellen i know you get a million request especially now for your 12 day give away, So not asking for much just would like to get one of my 10 grankids (all girls) a kindle she loves to read and I think this would be the perfect gift, wish i could afford to get them all one but four of them already have one so just need one for my thank you

Deborah  Oiler

my sister is 64 yrs old.she just got out of a abuseve marriage,her husband left her with nothing.she is in need of a car,so she can go to the doctor,grocery,pay her bills,what ever she needs or wants thanks we watch ur show every day thank you hope u can help her

Susan

I love watching your show, them dances kill me i laugh so much, I your boots are to cute, your show helps me forget about my problems at that time, i have had lots of surgeys an wish i could dance, well i can a little buts now it hurts becuse of my back, keep up the good work Ellen.

luis

Dear Ellen I love your show I see it a the time you are so funny I wish I could go see you but I can I mite see u when u come to Chicago I wish I could go because your so funny I was wondering if I cold get. me. the 1 2 days of chrismas thank you for reading my lette

sümeyye

ILOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I'M WİRİTİNG TURKEY PLEASE ANSWER ME SUMMER ELLEN ARE LOVED:):):)

Stella Jackson

HELLO ELLEN you are an inspiration to both myself and my daughter on how to be strong and persevere when my baby girl Ebony was 17 she had been diagnosed with a cyst in her third ventricle with that first initial surgery that the doctors only got had of the cyst the placed a shunt (which drains the spinal fluid off of the brain)this was in Nov 1999 the next year in Feb the shunt had to be revised imagine Ebony is my only child this ordeal had me going insane with tring to keep Ebony spirts up fore her memory had been wiped my child did not even know me huh.....the next year in Feb the shunt had to be replaced and the the year after another replacement all in all my precious baby girl has had to undergo four brain surgeries and twelve shunt revisions Ebony has had to suffer through fifteen long hard mind blowing surgeries Ebony has been my rock my anchor my everything through her triumph Ebony has had her one true dream come true my beautiful baby girl has had a bundle of joy herself a bouncing baby boy named Donavon Richard ahhhh now I am overjoyed Ebony has always dreamed of being an actress she watches Pretty Woman at best 20 times a day to perfect her alter Vivian I would love to surprise my strong never let anything get her down baby girl with a visit to your show (the only one who we would ask shhh keep that between us wink wink)to give my one true miracle my tenacious strong willed daughter her dream of starring in a commercial of her very own Ellen could you lead me on the right track to make a wish a dream come to reality?

Darcylynn McPherson

I would like to be nominated as a family in need. In this last year i have had three strokes, my husband has left my son and I for my best friend , we have no transportation , I have had 2 open heart surgeries and 6 closed heart surgeries in last 2 years, I have a home which my husband used the payments for his girlfriend and when he left I was 4 months behind on house payment and almost became homeless due to it ( I now have to pay extra each month to keep home ), I am totally disabled as is my son, and now totally alone being a single mom with a home that needs a lot of work .
We could use much help and we (my son age 12 who is adopted and I) do not know how to do this alone or with out finding help. We have problems getting even to our own doctor appointments due to husband leaving. PLEASE HELP .... Thank You

Reva Newman

I would like to nominate a lady from my church, She has a daughter who is disabled who lives with her. Her husband passed away a few years ago and she lives on a very small SS check. She has no car or money to get one let alone pay for insurance and gas. She goes to all her Dr. appointments by bus which means that they are at the bus schedule's mercy. Sometimes they leave a couple of hours before so they can get there. Any little thing you can do would be a blessing. Thanks

Renee Cook

Love your show so many great guests. Had sent you an e-mail, wanted to know if you had recieved it. You had asked to nominate someone in need. And I feel guily about nominating my husband and self. But its been a tough three years. No Christmas for the last three years. Lost our truck and the car is going. Medical insurance will run out next week. I would like to suprise my husband. He is very much wooried. Please consider.

Thank-you
Renee

Sherry Irvin

Ellen, My dad, 85yrs. old and I watch your show daily. We love you. I've taken care of him for 15yr. It's really trying. I need a vacation. I would like to come to your 12days of christmas and win big . lOVE SHERRY

(Page 1 of 49) 1234567Older