She's had a little growth since she shaved her head, so Ellen thought it was time to give Kellie Pickler a little touch-up with her clippers. See what Ellen carved onto Kellie's head!

Comments

Elisha

Was there ever any follow-up or resolution to this incident of Ellen carving letters into Kellie Pickler's hair? Was there an explanation as to why it was worse than it looked and Kellie was in on it and was perhaps about to re-shave her head or something? Or did she apologize because this was indeed what it looked like, a joke gone wrong in a very distasteful and offensive manner? I'm not easily offended, and I've never once taken offense to anything Ellen has done. I think she is one of the funniest, kindest, and most pleasant people in show business. This incident, however, was just terrible. Can anyone link me to a video that answers any of this?

Stephanie

Still thinking about Kellie Pickler's visit recently and am still upset about it. What possible purpose did Ellen achieve by shaving letters onto Kellie's newly shaven head? She ruined a beautiful gesture from one friend to another by playing it for laughs. Whoever came up with this idea should be given a week off the job to go get a conscience. Let's hope it wasn't Ellen.

Pinchies

Ellen, explain to everyone at the beginning of today's show that Lellie was going to actually shave (with a razor) her head and that is why it didn't matter that you shaved part of her head. The audience needs to know that Kellie was in on it.

Martha Bisher

Ellen, you do so many nice things for people, but yesterday was it for me,....I can not beleive you shaved your first initial and some what of a couple of l's....what was your purpose in that? Laughs? I lost both of my parents to cancer and there was no joking then....any way I just wanted to say I won't be watching your show anymore.....Kellie bless your heart, you are such a good person....Love ya gal[Kellie]....hang in there....Martha
Bisher....Denton, N.C.

Century25

I totally agree with Sally, Janell & Dawn. When Ellen had Kellie Pickler as a guest. I was shocked at how disrespectful she was to Kellie. For some time now, I have been turned off by what a bully Ellen has become...

She REALLY turned a beautiful moment and deed into a shameful display shaving your silly EL onto Kellie Pickler's beautiful head. Her story was so touching about her friend fighting breast cancer, and she made it into something not only silly - but denigrating to Kellie's sick friend !!!

Sally Jennings

I have pretty much stopped watching Ellen... but yesterday I happened to have the television on when she had Kellie Pickler as a guest. I was shocked at how disrespectful she was to Kellie. For some time now, I have been turned off by what a bully Ellen has become... getting laughs at the expense of guests, and worst of all those who work for her.

Janell

Ellen:
Shame on you for turning such a beautiful moment into a shameful display shaving your silly EL onto Kellie Pickler beautiful head. Her story was so touching about her friend fighting breast cancer, and you made it into something silly. Just the thought of it still makes me so sad.

Dawn

Dear Ellen,
I am very disturbed by what I saw on your show yesterday. Kellie Pickler looked beautiful & spoke beautifuly about her friend, her love for her & being a support. Then you took the oppertunity to turn it into a joke & totally butchered her & her cause by carving all over her head. I have lost both grandparents, a great aunt, cousin & mother in law to the disease & know first hand the trauma & devistation it causes to family's watching lived ones suffer. It's not something you can make light of or joke about. You were more respectful to the ppl who rescued the dog than to your friend!! I think you should appologize to Kellie & everyone you have hurt & offended w/ your actions. You are normally an inspiration to us all but this was not an act of love or kindness. God bless Kellie & her sister in this time. I will be praying hard for them & their family's.

Rose O.

Hey Ellen, I've been watching your show for a real long time and always loved it. I was a little angry yesterday while watching you shave Kelly Pickler. I had to fast forward through it, it was too much for me. I feel you really went too far this time. Thought it was a wonderful story till the end when you SHAVED her head!!!
Really Ellen? I know she could have said no but it shouldn't have happened.Really upset with your choice of humor.

Becki Linn

I can only assume that there was some 'advance' agreement w/Kellie Pickler on yesterday's show - as far as Ellen's assuming it 'OK' to (at least from appearances) 'ambush' her with the head-shave request? If not - I think that was a totally inappropriate, arrogant action - and the result certainly wasn't flattering to either - PARTICULARLY 'Ellen'!

Gina

I found Ellen's shaving of Kellie Pickler's hair on today's show to be in extremely poor taste. In my view, it showed an absolute lack of sensitivity for the subject matter Kellie was discussing-- cancer and her close relationship with her sister/friend. The butchering of Kellie's hair, in no way, was consistent with Kellie's tone during the interview. Kellie was very serious and emotional about the subject matter she was discussing. The transition from that to Ellen butchering her hair was absolutely heartbreaking to watch. I was in complete and total disbelief that Ellen did that. Kellie looked beautiful when she walked out on stage to begin the interview, and Ellen turned Kellie's hair cut and it's purpose into a joke. It was not funny, at all! It was very sad.

Linda Landowski

Thank you for getting the word out on Breast Cancer and caring! I'm SO Proud of Kellie Pickler for being her friend's Cancer Buddy. I'd Loved to have had a friend like her. However my oldest Daughter did offer to shave her head. When I lost every single hair on my Body & my trademark 3'foot long hair. Many people didn't recognise me! Also when I was bald you could see I lived a Abused childhood and my scars were so visible! My head pounded for weeks as my hair follicles Died! We had to do this the hard way and go without.. Since my Husband lost his job in '09. Then I got Triple Negative Breast Cancer in 2010. We to date, have Zero income! I feel My treatments robbed me of life and aged me to feeling 80+!! Kellie is a great sport. But I can't say I Loved the initials you did in her new hair growth. I cried. But I'm broken, emotional and hate to see others Suffer like I have. My Motto is Nice Matters. Maybe I'm different but it wasn't funny. I only saw my own mother a few times in my Life! The last time was seeing her Dying from Breast Cancer. I was 19 & pregnant and saw her at age 46, Dying and never to have a relationship with me or our Baby. However I do Hope one day we can have Cancer Prevention, Quality of Life after Cancer without recurrence & a Cure! Thank you for having causes that Care! For believe me if you have no income! You do Cancer the hard way. My Best medicine besides my devoted husband's care, My Daughters care, and my Cat, Stinkie! She'd make the 'throw up' sounds for me each day as I was ill. She'd lay on the floor with me in the bathroom.. And be there when I'd be bedridden for 12 days. When I had Adriamycin/Cytoxan Chemo every other Monday. That painful Shot on Tuesday. Or when I had Weekly Taxol, Chemo. Stinkie was the best. For Emend was $100.00 per pill! Who can afford any of that for wellness, comfort or for healing? Not us. Not many.. Thank You again for caring. Way to go Kellie. Best of Lucvk to your friend in winning her battle! Best of helaing health I send to everyone.

Tease Gould

Kellie

Your are a great BFF to Summer. God bless her. I would like to tell you about a wonderful non-profit bed and breakfast in Ocean Grove, NJ free to any women with any type of cancer. We would love for you and Summer come for a stay. We offer many different services including message, reiki, nutrition. Please check out our site and we would love to give you two some special time together when Summer is feeling up to travel. http://www.marysplacebythesea.org/

God bless you both.

Roberta Duncan

What a beautiful person you are, Kellie. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother to lung and bone cancer. She pasted away 6 weeks to the day we found out. She did not know she was sick and I am glad she didn't have to suffer.
Thoughts and Prayers to you and strength to your friend.