Ellen had a chance to chat a little more personally while behind the scenes with her new friend Talia.

Comments

cathy yonce

Hi Ellen Is cathy I have wote to u be but I watchin you all the time on CBS in Va . I just wanted too tell I loved the Talia peace you did she is a beautiful girl and a beautiful covergirl too. I love you Ellen and all the you do.

Dianne Killian

Ellen, Thank you for taking time to spend with Talia and for her correspondent work. She is amazing! Gold Ribbons are the symbol of support for kids like Talia who are battling childhood cancer. Help spread the word because I saw very few gold ribbons in September which O'Bama has declared our national Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! God bless you Ellen and sweet TAlia!

Caroline Dodge

Ellen out of all the guests youve had-- Talia is definately most INSPIRING---- Ill be praying for her to keep her great attitude up.. I so need a makeover--maybe she can give me one--- LOL she should be a regular on your show with a weekly makeover segment... That would be cool. Call it Just keep Swimming with your Makover by Tailia...... GO GIRL!!! love you!!

Cathy Sheehan

2012-09-13

Dear Ellen;
First off, I love you, I love your show, and I’ve followed your career from the time of your sitcom era.
For many years I’ve dreamed of being in your audience (especially when you give away such awesome gifts). Lately though I’ve come to the realization that probably isn’t in the cards for me. That’s o.k. though; because subsequent to watching today’s show with the aspiring makeup artist Talia and listening to her story, I became conscious of why I don’t follow my dreams. Despite of the many hurdles she has already conquered in her young life this beautiful girl of thirteen already knows who she is and is following her dreams.

I’m in my sixties and have had at least twenty jobs over the years. I believe I’ve exhausted all my energy following bogus dreams. At onetime I was a very confident person who didn’t think twice about walking into the manager’s office of any big business and talk myself into a job that I definitely didn’t qualify for; I ran for politics twice and lost twice. I’ve even gone as far as to knock on the door of one of the richest and most powerful businessman in our city of 100,000 to solicit a donation for the charity I was employed with. I wrote two books but had no takers… etc.etc.

Talia taught me a lesson.

I used to imagine I was going to be a somebody. Tilia taught me to be acquainted with who I am and embrace it. I thought about her for the entire evening and then finally took an honest look at myself …I am a somebody after all.

Most of the time I tune-in to be entertained, Today I was educated. I want you to know that Ellen and to thank you and your guest.

This is the first day of the rest of my life and I intend to participate in it.

Thanks so very much,

A fan
Cathy Sheehan
St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada

p.s. The powerful businessman make a hefty contribution to our charity..

sherryll

What a brave, beautiful young girl. God bless her and may all her dreams come true. My prayers are with her. Just keep swimming and believing.Keep smiling that beautiful smile.

Chyna Tourville

Is it weird that I can't stop crying?? I'm SO HAPPY for you Talia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!! I have never wanted anything more in my whole life then for you to meet her!!! ♥ Beyond happy for you!!!!!! I'm just like !!!OMG*cries*OMG*cries*OMG!!!

Angela Horton

This is an awesome young lady! So sweet and inspiring to all! I had a brain tumor removed when I was 15yrs old so I kinda know what she is going thru! Bless her heart! But she is doing exactly what she is supposed to do...Be postitive and strong, walk around like your not sick. This story made me cry because I see how positive and strong she is and you have to be that way to fight a horrible disease. Thank you Ellen for everything you do!! I love you and everything you stand for, the world needs more peeps just like you!! :) Hope you have a wonderful day!

JAQUELINE MATA

ADORO A ELLEN A MUITO TEMPO ELA E MINHA MUSA E ADORO TUDO O QUE ELA FAZ MUITOS BEIJOS SUCESSO PARA VOÇE.