With so many nasty political ads on the air, what would happen if politicians had a nice campaign? Ellen found out.

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
Abdullah Abdon

Obama Will be Re-elected as President on November 6, 2012

Today I have an important message to the the American people including the people who believe in me or not. My sense says to me the next President to the United States of America will be Barack Obama because he knows how he can stay connected to his people. I don't say this because I am a Democrat or a fan of Obama, but I say this because I am so realistic and not blind or a fanatic person. I got this message since 2009, but some people say to me I am crazy as an Independent. Mr. Obama is a very charismatic leader and he understands the people's language easier than so many folks in this country and he knows how he can reach them because he understands the American society better than so many politicians in this country. He is a good speaker not only for his base but for everyone who wants a real change in this country. For me, there is a big difference between President Obama and the former Governor Mitt Romney in Masschusetts because president Obama wants every single citizen to have a better life and Mr. Romney wants our families to be out of health care. President Obama has done a lot of things in America and he has used many ways to fix the economic crisis because he cares about all the people.
As a black immigrant and becoming a U.S. citizen a couple months ago, I think the Republican party is out of touch to the voters since 2008 because they never spoke for the poor and the middle class people in America. I think that every politician knows that in this country we do not have any immigration issues, but we have political anger and they are trying to divide the people who come to enjoy our land by immigration language. I am not Democrat or Republican because I don't believe in politicians. But, I still do believe in good people who care about the people in general who are suffering in poverty more than a century in the world. I don't care about color, race, gender, poor, rich, or the political party you belong to, I only care about who can give us a better opportunity in life because everyone who lives in this country right now has immigrant roots somewhere. But, I don't know why they forget so fast where their grand family came from before they came to the United States of America; by boat or by air plane like many of us. Mr. Romney, I have a lot of respect for you not because you are fortunate, but because you remember where your family came from before you were born in Michigan, which was Mexico. So I have a little problem with some folks that are blessed in this country and forget to say thank you God and thank you to the United States of America that they have something in their lives and they prefer to use any ideological strategy to destroy the rest of our nation because they don't want us to get our American Dream. It isn't acceptable to continue to let the American people live in this condition that is unhuman-like in this 21st century.

Abdullah F. Abdon

Abdullah Abdon

Today I have an important message to the the American people including to the people who believe in me or not my sense says to me the next President to the United States of America will be Barack Obama because he knows how he can stay connect to his people. I don't say this because I am a Democrat or a fan of Obama, but I say this because I am so realistic not blind or fanastic person. I got this massege since 2009, but some people to say to me I am crazy as an Independent. Mr. Obama he is very charismatic leader and he understands to the people language easier than so many folks in this country and he knows how he can reach to them because he understands the American society better than so many politicians in this country. He is a good speaker not only for his base but for everyone who wants a real change in this country. For me, there is a big difference between president and former Governor in Masschusetts because president Obama wants every single citizen has a better life and Mr. Ronmey wants our families are out of health care. Mr. president has done a lots things in America and he used many ways how he can fix the crisis economic because he cares about the people at all.
As a black immigrant and becoming a U.S. citizen a couple months ago, I think the Republican party is out of touch to the voters since 2008 because they never spoke for the poor and the middle class people in America. I think that every politician knows that in this country we do not have any immigration issues, but we have political anger and they are trying to divide the people who come to enjoy our land by immigration language. I am not Democrat or Republican because I don't believe in politicians. But, I still do believe in good people who care about the people in general who are suffering in the poverty more than a century in the world. I don't care about color, race, gender, poor, rich, or political party you belong to, I only care about who can give us a better opportunity in life because everyone who lives in this country right now has immigrant roots somewhere. But, I don't know why they forget so fast where their grand family came from before they came to the United States of America; by boat or by air plane like many of us. Mr. Ronmey, I have a lot of respect for you not because you are fortunate, but because you remember where your family came from before you were born in Michigan, which was Mexico. So I have a little problem with some folks they are blessed in this country and they forget to say thank you God and thank you to the United States of America that they have something in their lives and they prefer to use any ideological strategy to destroy the rest of our nation because they don't want us to get our American Dream. It isn't acceptable to continue to let the American people live in this condition that is unhuman-like in this 21st century.

Abdullah F. Abdon

Abdullah Abdon

America and Politics!

I think that every political presidential campaign in America is always different because of our leaders. I think each candidate that belongs to the political party has plans to change people's lives in America if they are honest to themselves when they are campaigning. Absolutely, every four years the American people are expecting to get a tougher leader to be commander in chief to the United States of America, more tough on the war because any country in the world can not get power without working hard for it. It's another time for the American people to be united and stop the political war against each other on the news. As a citizen I have no time to keep watching and listening to the nasty political ads on air and we have too many problems on our hands right now and we have a nation who is under water to take it away all together. Every day I feel more confident if we are concerned to be a part of this change while providing people everything they need to continue to live well as humans. Let's get all Americans involved around to the table of unity and start to get into political matters without a political dialogue across the country on behalf of our constitution and nothing can done by only one political party's ideas. I want the American people to remember the admenment of our constittution of America which says we the people. I think that politics should be a place to reflect on our family, pride, culture, faith, country and values and not a place to hate each other. It's difficult to change or fix Washington so quick if we do not fix the whole establishment of our country. It's time to change the mind of politicians about the jobs because the majority of the American people are out of work more than three years and I think we must work together and keep this country moving forward for every single citizen who lives in America. I know that any transition for anyone can not be easy to accomplish for the people who want to have a better future life after eight years of war in Iraq and in Afganistan. I think both parties need to improve to the nation if they want to repair their images. We have a lot of people who do not want to speak up about anything because they want nothing to change and they prefer to keep the old establishment for life. For me, I want to be an advocate and see how we can change the political society in this country for the American people. I am apolitical. My vision and my perspectives for the people in America are different. I want to encourage anyone to do something for the poor and the middle class people because they are all Americans. I am not Democrat, Republican or Extremist. I am just only an Independent person. I am not the judge, but only the American people are judge because they have the final decision and they can take on their destinities of our country.

Abdullah Abdon

How can we stop the political nasty in America?

I seize the occasion to express to you my distinguished greetings for your thoughts and your political analysis about the nasty political ads on the air right now between both presidential campaigns in this country. I think that American people are supposed to be the first concern more than anything else because we have a nation to protect and to take care of.
Thank you so much for the opportunity you continue to give everyone in this country to keep in touch with you. Ellen, I do understand your frustration about some political people in America. After watching your show many times, I decided to share my thoughts and my political experiences with you and with anyone online. Before I moved to the United States of America since 2002, I used to work in the political field in my country and I have lots of political experiences and I know that politics is never nice. So the word politics never changes anywhere, but only the language, faith, environment,regulation and the laws are completely different because each country people do not do politics the same way. I want everyone to remember that politics is universal. If you do or practice politics you have to expect any kind of nasty language on air against you because other groups of people want to win and start to fight against each other. Ellen, if anyone wants to get a simple life, they should never think to run for any political position. It doesn't surprise me because I know how politics works anywhere in the world. I would like to say something to the American people that there are a lot of folks out there who believe they are the smartest politicians in the world and they should tell people what to believe and how to fix their problems. Ellen, this is the 21st century not 18th, 19th or 20th. But, it's time for some folks in this country to stop the racist language in the media in general because we have a nation to protect and to take care of. There are no schools anywhere in the world that you can go to learn how to be president. I think everyone was born to get a better life but not everyone can get it because we have a bad distribution of riches from the people who have power to distribute everything equitable for everybody. Ellen I am so excited to see someone like you to speak up about the social and political issues in America and I do appreciate the boost you gave Obama/Biden on your show a couple days ago. Even though we are all different by language, faith, political party, gender, race, and acadmic skills, we are all Americans. I know that no one pays attention about my thinking because I have no name, no voice, no money and I am not famous. But, I know the reality we live now in this world is very complex and complicated for the politicians who live in America right now. There are lots of Americans who prefer to believe in people who have character, prestige, personality, integrity, strong American values and not in the nice speeches of politicians in this country. I don't believe or trust in politicians. But, I still do believe in good people who care about the poor and the middle class people who are suffering in the poverty more than a century in America. It isn't aceptable to continue to let the American people live in this condition that is unhuman like in this 21st century.
This is not the time for the people right now in this country to focus on nasty political ads on the air too much. Now is the time to forgive some folks and sit together and see how to fix our political system for the next generation of our children.
As Americans, we understand that America is not about what can be done for us. It's about what can be done by us, together, through hard work.
Ellen, I am impressed by the language technique you use to talk to America about love, mutual respect, civil rights movement, jobs, music, child abuse, health care through your shows. I am always ecstatic about the quality of the person you are that will transform American life because I believe without you life would be more difficult for so many people who live in America. I hope God continues to protect you and your family for the rest of your life because you are an amazing person. You are always ready to help everyone and it doesn't matter what skin color you are. This is a big country and there are lots of resources out there for everyone who can live nicely, but some politicians refuse to make it happen for every single person in this country.

Abdullah Abdon

What Do You Need To Do To Be A Great Leader?

It's time for everyone who really loves the United States of America, especially Republican or Democrat, to be united because we need to work together in getting the economy back on track soon for the American people who are out of work three years or more. Today, I am so proud to be an American citizen because I deeply care about the American people in general. I definitely consider myself American, and I am so concerned about the United States of America. America is not a guarantee of comfort; it's a guarantee of opportunity. I love being in America. I was not born here but I would like to be part of the American values and to be a member of a political adviser team in the future. I still consider the United States of America as a beautiful land because it has lots of opportunities that this land has continued to give everyone of us every single day of our lives. I am so excited about education that will transform people's lives because without a good education, it's difficult to maneuver through life successfully. So no matter what accomplishments people have made in their lives, education still is the most important key to success because education is not a preparation for life, but education is life itself. Education should never work against a person's destiny, but should achieve the full development of his own predispositions. I want to continue to be an advocate for women and good politicians in this country until we arrive to fix the Congress and White House forever. This is what I want to see someday in America. I do not think some people who live here realize how great this country is. You can go to any state you want in America and you still think you are in Paris ( France ) because America is a free country and free land for everyone who can enjoy it together as patriots, friends and families. I always believe in American Dreams if everyone stops blaming each other, and finds the best way to repair and correct the national economic crisis. I know what I am talking about. There is no economic problem right now in America. There are only political problems because our leaders refuse to take the time and responsibilities to stop the bleeding. But only one thing each of us needs to do to reduce or eliminate the debt crisis in this contry for life is that we have to stand together to rebuild our nation for the next generation of children. Never forget that American people are counting on each one of us every single day. The more you work, the more you grow. The more you grow, the more you are strong. The more you are strong, the more you progress. The more you progress, the more you develop. The more you develop, the more you compete, when educating your people and making the best choice in their future lives. I can not judge anyone. I can not speculate for anyone, I can just love the United States of America. I feel so bad for the next generation of students if we do not take our responsibilities as president, educators, pastors, local leaders and advocates to teach them very well and prepare them for the real changes that are to come true. We have to sit as citizens and bring everything to the table and fix the political system in America. I am apolitical. I would do the campaign to improve things for the American people. I am not a Republican or Democrat. I am only an Independent because I love both parties. I continue to appeal for unity in the United States of America. My advice is very clear about voting because it's a crucial choice for American people to make in their lives every four years in this country. If you do not vote, it will be difficult to accomplish your goals and get the American dream back again for every single American person suffering in this tough economic crisis right now in America.

KimP

Here is a nice political ad starring 10 and 11 year old sisters.

Geraldine Welch

Loved it!

Amanda

Ellen-- want to see a REAL nice political ad?? Please include Gary Johnson on your show as a guest! He is currently on the ballot in 47 states with 3 in litigation... he is a REAL contender this election and one with a message that people deserve to know about!

Chrissy Gavin

I LOVE this!! Ellen, way to go! Thank you for a little relief and laughter!

1 Reply
Fausto

Regardless of what your political views are, you have to admit, this was pretty entertaining lol.

Andy

I'm gonna vote for Obama this November, but I have to admit...the fact that Romney makes good fudge does put me a little on the fence.

Lewis

I think the two contenders should take off their gloves and play a game of Battleship, winner take all. If this is too interlectual there is always Fish.

john barnes

Ellen, Your sense of fair play and the way you bring joy from all of this mayhem, you have my vote in 2016.

Denice

I could not agree more, Ellen. Nothing beats knowing that your President is also a kind, respectful, and positive man. This is what I want! "Be kind to one another" -They need to watch your show more often!

Andrew

You know what I would like?

To see Romney and Obama shake hands, and make peace with each other that, they are both American citizens who care about the future of their country despite not agreeing on how, and are no doubt both very nice people.

I would like to see them both just sit down and talk rationally and logically with each other. It doesnt even have to be about politics. Could be about sports. Or College stories.

Granted, I know that kind of thing would NEVER happen... EVER, but it's nice to think about what could be if we just all got along and actually TRIED to work together instead of painting each other as enemies. That kind of train of behavior is what led to the civil war. Brother against brother. Fellow US citizen against fellow citizen.

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older