When Footballer Brendon Ayanbadejo met with criticism for supporting gay marriage, fellow footballer Chris Kluwe wrote an amazing letter of acceptance. Ellen was incredibly moved by his words. It may contain some strong language, but his beautiful message of acceptance and equality is a must-read.

Comments

(Page 5 of 5) Newer12345
Jacqueline

This was great! What an incredible human being. We all need to stand up. Thank you Ellen for sharing with us. I will now share this my family and friends.

Meghan Birdseye

Awesome and brilliantly composed. It should be an open letter to all that wish to keep any segment of our society down.

mary-lynn saunders

Cheers for this letter - so glad I found the skip this ad in upper right hand corner so I could read the letter - he made so many good points, and his way of saying it - right on!!!! Thanks Ellen for letting us know about this letter, I live in DC area and I am a Ravens fan and I did not know about this letter; I will do whatever I can to make sure others know about it and any Maryland residents know not to vote for this idiot.

Betty Martin

Everyone has to right to say what they want, but draw the line at giving your opinion that hurts others, it's another form of bullying. Every person's on this earth is made up of bones, skin and last I looked the same color blood.It doesn't matter what is on the outside or what they chose to do with their life. Just take of yourself and mind your own business. Mom always said, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. Grow up people, everyone has the right to chose or do what they want to no matter what. And if it doesn't effect you with your personal life or job, which it does not, STOP BULLYING OTHERS WITH YOUR WORDS!

Amy P

WOW!!! What a letter!! All I have to say is Rick onto Chris Kluew. I couldn't have said this any better. I believe love is love and who a person chooses to live should not be a problem for ANYONE!! And why shouldn't we ALL HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS. Isn't that what our country is suppose to be. The Land of the FREE. thank you Ellen for sharing this with us. I for one prob wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for you announcing it.

SARA

Right on. I love football and i love strong, brave men! Stand up to ignorance!!!!

George Marshall

I watced Ellen today as I often do and she made refrence to a great letter and while very much wanting to read it.It appears that I have to make a political statement. As a Canadian and a beliver in the cause I cannot sign up to something that I haven't read.
Maybe I missed the direction to the letter I appoligise If I didn't you don't want to leave this letter to the converted.

Regards, George

1 Reply
Ross

To Ellen and anyone else who has felt the sting of hatred,

I whole-heartedly applaud the NFL players, and anyone else for that matter, who stand up for the rights--and equality--guaranteed and yet nevertheless denied to select citizens of our fine country. As a former Special Operator in the United States Military, I proudly wore the American flag on my shoulder at night in war zones. I wore the American flag for a multitude of reasons: pride, honor, a sense of obligation to the thousands who did so and died before me, and selfishly, myself. I did not wear the American flag for simple-minded politicians like Baltimore County state delegate Emmett Burns who used his "influence," which like Chris Kluwe I agree will be severely undermined in coming elections, to seek out the Baltimore Ravens front office in regards to a freedom of speech issue. In such a highly contentious political climate, I'm disappointed that Mr. Burns is concerned with such commonsensical issues. This land was founded by greater men than you, Mr. Burns, and I would like you to know that the dangerous men who track down our nation's enemies and lay down their own lives for the sake of protecting your freedoms, do not respect you. You're lasting legacy in American politics will be as a delegate who, unlike Chris Kluwe and Brendon Ayanbadejo, should have shut his mouth. I'm ashamed to acknowledge your American citizenship, and even more your delegate status. Shame on you.

Ellen, you make my wife and I smile. Keep doing what you do and be yourself.

Signed,

Anyone who believes in the idealized promises of our nation

Kerry

Fantastic letter Chris Kluwe. Once I found it past that darn advertisement. I hope many others will read this and all the people of Maryland will "Not" support this idiot. Again, well done Chris Kluwe....Go Vikings!!

Suzanne Earles

I have enjoyed the your show for years. I also commend the guests you have they are the best. This letter is a different story. I commend Chris Kluwe for his defense of not only a fellow football players right but for the cause he is backing. Way to go Chris Kluwe.

Carly Olson

Chris Kluwe makes me proud to be a Vikings fan!

Krystal

I say bravo for his letter!!

Toni Miller

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I commend Chris Kluwe's well written and profound letter. I hope every person reads this letter.

Cory

One of my favorite people - strong, confident, and never afraid to speak his mind. Proud to be his fan - both on the field and off.

Theresa Stevey

WoW!!! This is Awesome!!! Just want to thank Ellen for making it known to many people who would not have gotten the chance to do so. You go above and beyond all things of do goods. This is at the top with the best of them. Thank you for sharing! This world needs more professionals like Kluwe to speak up so what really matters gets heard!

(Page 5 of 5) Newer12345