When Footballer Brendon Ayanbadejo met with criticism for supporting gay marriage, fellow footballer Chris Kluwe wrote an amazing letter of acceptance. Ellen was incredibly moved by his words. It may contain some strong language, but his beautiful message of acceptance and equality is a must-read.

Comments

(Page 2 of 5) Newer12345Older
Tim Herbstrith

Ellen,

The vote on this issue is coming November 6. I hope that you will lend your support on your show, in whatever way you can and at whatever time you feel appropriate, to the VOTE NO! cause. We need everyone to weigh in and I think your voice would help. Please consider mentioning it to your viewers and fans. It looks like Minnesota could be the first state to defeat this mean-spirited and ugly amendment. We need you in the effort!
Thanks!
Tim Herbstrith

Barb Enman

I agree everyone should be able to marry whom ever they love. Not sure if what I got to read was all of the letter, seemed pretty short.

Sandi B. Holder

Thank you, Tamara, for posting the link to the letter. I was unable to figure out how to get to it on Ellen's website. Ellen hit the nail on the head: what an inspiring, articulate and heartfelt response and perspective. So many of us feel exactly that same way but have a harder time putting our feelings into such succinct words. There has been a time or 2 in my (dance) teaching career where I know I was wrongly accused by a supervisor where my only recourse was to respond in letter of defense. I wish I had had Chris Kluwe in my back pocket for those anxiety-ridden times.

Cheryl Lathrop

Your show makes my day complete everyday. I cry, laugh, get amazed, and every other emotion that you can think of. You are a wonderful person and this world is so lucky to have you in it Ellen!!!

Tamara
Vicki

Thank you Chris Kluwe for your courage to write that most-awesome, honest letter about gay marriage! Wonderfully stated. You have a new fan! ( and a Chicago Bears fan at that)

Kieran Horsley

I am not able to read the Chris Kluwe letter. When I try, it opens to an advertisement about some Democratic thing. Don't know what to try next! :/

2 Replies
Patti Allen

I would also like to read the letter but find it irratating that I should have to sign a petition just to see it. Minnesota is my home state and would love to see what our beloved Chris Kluwe has to say.

1 Reply
Bev Batch

I just read Chris Kluwe's letter and I'm not sure if I snorted or hooted more. Many Americans think of Canada as a land of ice and snow that has not progressed as far as the USA. Those people need to remember that gay marriage is legal in Canada and has been for some time. It is and should be a non-issue. As much as I enjoy your show Ellen, we don't belong in each other's bedrooms.

I must add on another topic that I find it frightening how many handguns are carried by your average citizen. In my province we have such strict handgun regulations that you have to get a special permit to even get a handgun and then are only allowed to carry it to and from a gun range. I really don't think the forefathers of the American constitution meant assault rifles and automatic weapons when they included 'the right to bear arms.

Gingerlei

Amen, Kluwe!!! Pass Mr. Burns the "Dick"tionary.

lynne cochrane

i am trying to read the letter that chris kluwe wrote,iam not having any luck finding it,please could you help me.love love all the great stories that you show,many thanks for reading my email

1 Reply
Danielle

What an amazing letter that DOES sum it all up! Rights are RIGHTS!

Sharon Bullock

Chris Kluwe's letter can be summoned up in one word "PRICELESS"

Rebecca

I want to read the letter, but I can't.
I am sent to a page to sign a petition.
I don't want to sign a petition. But I do want to read the letter. Help, please.
(FYI, I am a registered voter classified as NPA [no party affiliate] I won't sign a Republican or Democrat petition)

Claire

I'd love to read the letter, but I resent being forced to sign some petition by The Nation to do so. Your audience should be informed that the content is available only if they sign.

(Page 2 of 5) Newer12345Older