Ellen wanted to do something really special for Richard, owner of Quality Auto Paint and Body, so she made him a commercial! She even had a few special guests. Watch everything that happened on Ellen's premiere show, this Monday, September 10th!

Comments

Anne Rhodes

Hi there :) I just read THIS on FB {Talia is still in the hospital in Las Vegas. She is doing better and will hopefully be able to get out in a couple of days. While she's been in the hospital, Johnny, a representative of The Ellen DeGeneres Show came by to bring Talia an Edible Fruit Bouquet. Then, Sandra, from The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa brought them dinner. Thank you both so much for your kindness and support. We will keep everyone posted on Talia's progress.}
I was sooo very touched by this, & the on going support you show to Talia! You are a TRUE BLESSING to soooo MANY! I LOVE it!!! it makes me all GIDDY inside!!!!

Kim Sparks

I have a crushed truck but no cash, I would like it to have a red large small e painted on each door and the truck bed and also on the hood standing for ellen, could even pain ellen down the side of the truck bed.

Regards
Kimberly

Helen Vaughan

I can't tell you how moved I was to watch what Ellen did for these two young men. First the check for $25,000 and then the commercial for the man who fixed the car. Just when you think goodness and kindness has diminished in this crazy world, you see a story like that. So much goodness came from that story. Not only did someone help someone else out, Ellen went the extra mile and showed even more goodness by doing that commercial. I had tears in my eyes thinking what a wonderful person Ellen is. Nothing stops her from being one of the kindest and most thoughtful people I have ever seen. The owner of the car repair shop looked completely stunned and that made it even better. Can you imagine having Ellen, Pink, Patrick Dempsey and the US athletic team in your commercial? Thank you for that uplifting story on your show.

Joey De

Please, please please fix the video for this!

LauraAnn

I loved this piece!! It makes you remember that there are good people out there.So inspiring...

And the commercial, absolutely hysterical!

Michelle Marion

I watched the show yesterday and was so extremely touched by the actions of Richard. He may not have known it when he decided to help Jordyn, but he has inspired so many people to care about others! My company, Fly on the Wall Productions, is a publishing company of anti-bullying and character education materials for schools, and it makes me so happy to see regular people reach out to another in need, instead of standing around and waiting for somebody else to make the difference. Thank you Ellen for bringing them on your show!

Keri Skocilich

I love to hear about things like this. There is some very awesome people out there. I got alittle story too tell you. I live in Anaconda, MT population of about 7000. We did a benefit for a 34yr single Mom of two. She has just been diagonosed with Cancer. We have raised over 30000$ for her. Its so amazing and caring people really are. Wish there was alot more people out there just like the man you had on your show today. Thank you Ellen for taking the time to let the world know about these people.

Erin Corrigal

Ellen I loved your season opener...I LOVED Pink & Dempsey but what touched me the most was the story of Jordan & Richard...There are great ppl that have HUGE acts of kindness out there!!What an inspiration.I too am totally against ANY kid of hate crime and i couldnt even fathom driving around for 6 months with such slurs vandalized on my own car..It broke my heart:( & so glad someone reached out to a complete stranger Just because.THANK YOU So much for sharing and anything is possible.. that out weighs a huge negative!!

Brian

The video feed for the "A Live Commercial for a Hero!" is not working. Thank you for bringing this story to light. Many people can learn a lesson from the generosity of this young business owner.