Ellen sent the Pasquella family on a vacation. They had no idea they were going to come home to a brand new kitchen courtesy of Kitchen Cousins! We revealed their amazing home makeover surprise -- LIVE from their house! Take a look.

Comments

Sharon Rydeen

The main floor of our townhouse looks like a mortuary waiting room. While we are old, we're not that old!!! Please consider us!!

Mary Mackey

Dear Ellen

I am single mom of two my youngest who will be twenty one has down syndrome and he will always be with me I am his honey. I have been divorced for five years and when I left the home that my children grew up in I had know idea where I would go. I was very luck when I found my house the man who had the house for sale was willing to sell it to me on land contract. I have replaced the roof and windows and gutted the bathroom however I should have done the wiring and fixed the foundation and put some insulation in this one hundred and thirteen year old house. What I fear every night is this place catching on fire and I have know way of fixing this. I also have a tree that sits two feet from my yard that has split all the way to the ground and the impending doom of it falling on the house weights on me. I did go to my local county only to find out that because it is just beyond my yard I can not cut it down. I have spoke with the owner and he is will to sell me the garage apartment and the land where the tree is for back taxes but I do not have the means to remove the falling down house or tree. I think it scares me because of my son and when he is scared he freezes and if the tree falls and he is in the kitchen I don't know if I can get him to move fast enough to get out of the way. I don't ask many people for help but I am at a loss I am not working right now and money is really tight and this place that me and my kids call home is falling down around us I think the only thing that is holding it up at this point is the furnace in the basement that is always wet and full of mildew. I know that there are more deserving people in this world and more people with bigger problems than I. I also want you to know that I love your show and that watching it makes my day.

Down and out in West Virginia
Mary Mackey

Julio Perez

Dear Ellen,
First of all let me start by thanking you for being such an awesome and inspiring person and for providing this opportunity for so many of us in need. I ask that you Please consider my family, and our home for the home make over.
Five years ago my wife Sandy and I were asked by her parents to move into their home and help them out by taking care of them and helping them out with all the minor and major repairs their home desperately needed. Being on a fixed income and disabled they both had a lot of health issues that they needed help with. My mother in-law passed a little more than 3 years ago which turned out to be a devastating blow to our family, and has been very hard for all of us to recover from.
Being disabled myself and on Social Security it's been very hard for me to find gainful employment within my restrictions to be able to better help out my family financially, my wife Sandy works very hard making $13.00 an hour in order for us to be able to make ends meet, but with her diabetes it's been very hard for her and is starting to get to her.
I've been trying to do most of the projects around the house myself, but between the cleaning of the yard and the up keep of the yard, it seems to be taking it's toll on me. In our four bedroom two bath home we've managed to get our kitchen about 75% done, one of our bathrooms about 75% done, and two bedrooms painted. The ceiling in the living room is showing signs of coming down due to a leak we have somewhere on the roof, the leak has also damaged one of the support beams in the living room that helps to hold up the structure of our home. In addition we don't know the extent of all the other damage to the surrounding wood around the beam, all we know is that it continues to get weaker as time goes by, we've been advised to get the whole roof re-roofed to be on the safe side.
We are hoping that it will at least last another year and don't cave in on us. We are hoping that I can at least find gainful employment within my restrictions and to be able to save enough money to get all these repairs and upgrades done to our home in order to continue to provide a better and safe living and learning environment for our grandchildren, but even more important to give our family a place to continue to enjoy the holidays,and birthdays since this is Grandmas' and Grandpas' house and always will be.
We would being willing to pay back all monies to you, but cannot give you a time on how long it will take, unless somehow we win a lottery jackpot, or I find gainful employment and I am able to make regular decent payments, or save enough to pay you back as soon as possible. I am looking forward to getting off Social Security and being able to help out my family financially again.
Respectfully,
Julio Perez

Lorena Plancarte

Love you Ellen and your show. Just love seeing deserving peoples' appreciation when you take some of their needs and wishes into your own hands. Home makeovers are just amazing. To own a home is a dream come true for many and sometimes it just becomes hard to keep your dream home maintained. We bought our dream home in 2003 in a rural area. We had some termite problems that seem to be taken care of, but in the process our hot water pipeline was busted. We didn't notice it until problems surfaced. For now we are able to manage the problem, but it is not a doable solution. I entered for a chance to win a home makeover. I hope I am one of your lucky fans to receive your generosity. You are such a magnet, bless you.

Tina M. James

I want to enter my parents into you amazing home make over. My Dad is from St. Martinville, LA. My step-mother is from Eugene, OR.My parents are extremely hard working people. About, 7-8 years ago they sold a track home in uptight area, and bought 15 acres of land. As they bought a older home from a old woman who lost her home due to city renovated that area of town. After, they paid for home to be moved my step-mother unfornately found out she had breast cancer after parially retiring from postaljob. Therefore, causung my parents to pay for all of her medical cost to treat her cancer out of pocket. That has slowed down theri attempts to finish their home. They live in a trailer on the property. I am a single parent and live with them also, currently due to job loss. I try to help as much as I can. But, it hardly puts a dent in what they are ultimately trying to achevieve. Please enter my parents Harrison & Diane James into your contest on behalf of me, Thank you, Sincerely, Tina M. James

Tammy Foote

Where can I buy the hanging light fixture that is over the dining table that the "Kitchen Cousins" did, for your lucky vewier?

Misch Darton

You have shared very important points regarding home makeover. I love to read such topics. Keep sharing such information in future as well.