Ellen saw an incredible documentary called "Bully," about the bullying epidemic in America. The film recently received an "R" rating, which would mean it couldn't be shown in schools. Ellen talked about how she signed a petition to change the rating so that it can be shown in the classroom, where it belongs. You can watch the trailer right here, and then join Ellen by signing the petition!

learn more about bully

Comments

(Page 4 of 6) Newer123456Older
Jeanne Tyndall

I just found out this weekend that my 11 year old grandson is also being bullied. His mom has contacted the school, and keeps being My grandson is depressed about this, doesn't want to go to school, and has made comments that he wishes he wasn't alive, with typical comments of "just ignore it and it will go away." When will everyone wake up and see what is happening to our children and grandchildren? I pray they take action before something more tragic happens.

Nicky Nnss

Thank you Ellen for being an amazing human being, and helping us!

Nicky Nnss

I was bullied all my life, I know how difficut it is, sometimes you get to think that nothing matters and the better way out is desappearing from Earth. But there is always someone that is going to be by your side, or something that will help you. Everytime I think about my story I dont regret anything, beacause everything those kids told me, abused me, made what I am today, a really good singer, a good person and someone that wants to change people's lifes. I love that phrase that says what doesen't kill you makes you stronger because after all, that made me what I am today. And I love my mom with al my heart and soul because she is my everything, my best friend, and the one person that helped me get up after every fall and tought me how to keep fighting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NNrGTRQG4 This is me singing, I know will make it, no matter what people say!

Tina Mounger

I believe in my heart there is good in everyone. If only we open our hearts and CHOOSE to see those things in others. Bullying is a sign of weakness and strikes the hearts of gentle souls. I raised my girls to understand they are NEVER to judge or look down on others. Having a child myself who struggled with "fitting in" this cause is definitely close to my heart and that of my family..

Bernice Logan

I think there should be a boot camp or something similar to that where bullies should have to go. Maybe even make the parents take a class on bullying, so they can help their children. My 9 year old came home yesterday and told me that her friend and her are being bullied by a girl at school. My heart broke. I had hoped she would never have to go though something like that.

Sandy Borden

This breaks my heart. Parents please teach your children to have respect and love for others. Teach your children it is okay to be who you are, even if your not like everyone else. As a parent and a grandparent I can proudly say that my children and grandchildren were raised to treat others the way they wanted to be treated. BULLYING STARTS SOMEWHERE........PARENTS PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR KIDS........PLEASE

Sandy

Bullying begins in the home. Parents seem to be lax in raising their children these days. Get on the parents, ask them what they have done to teach their children humility, caring, etc.

Alexis

I'm in 8th grade and i've been bullied for a good portion of my life and mistreated,recently i actually did something about it and it stopped.But now im left with other things that i stress about alot which has caused me to have daily anxiety attacks mostly at school.So now i've taken abreak and am working on schoolwork at home, being bullyed isn't fun and it's worse when you have other problems your dealing with.I've made some progress i feel a little better, my parents are suppose to take me to get counseling cause they think it will help.

alvin miles jr,

Good morning. I'm a straight married man. I wrote a book on this matter. I just need publishing, God love Eunuchs =(Gay) & Straight. We were with God before Being born here on earth. I can prove it, with the Holy Bible. Daily Grace cms / Facebook & Albo's House /Facebook

Linda Darian

My name is Linda Darian and I am filling this out for my daughter Tiffany. As you know we had a tragic bullying death here in BC Canada. My daughter and her 2 friends made an incredible Anti-Bullying Campaign video. Please have a look https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7c666829da81054a&id=7C666829DA81054A!112&Bsrc=Share&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive

E Howorth

My son is 15.5 Autistic. Ont the summer school bus (a kid?) threw gun in my son's hair - not just the wad which was apparent but about 20 chewed tiny little pieces so we were informed by the stylist who could not get the clippers through. Very curly hair! Took almost a month to find out who did it although I really don't believe it was 1 kid. Bus CO could not provide audio or video though they are contracted to have it on all the buses. We hit the news Tinley PAtch local online deal. IT seemed like thats when people really took action. I filed a police report but did not press charges but if something happens again I will. The "boy" ( the one) apologized to my son and paid for his hair cut but they still call him names at school "***" etc.. he carries a BRIEF CASE but they call it a purse. PARENTS NEED TO TEACH THEIR CHILDREN BETTER but most likely these kids are also bullied at home - sad eh? already get the newsletter thanks

Laurie Lima
Alison Buchanan

Im just watching your show as well as going ovr your Ellen site. I went to the site about Bulling and Im really worried because I have a grandson who is 11 and being bullied on the school bus by Jr High kids and the video Bully says it doesn't come out till 2013. What do we do until then. How do we try to keep him safe? His mom went to the school when she found out, but honestly he is a very shy boy and being part Korean and part caucasion makes him a target to some. Tyler is great in sports and an A student but this is new and his mom believes he will always tell her if something is going on. I tried to tell her a few months ago that I had a talk with him because I felt something was wrong and it was about bulling. As most of us have been bullied in our life I have also stood up for others to keep the bullye off them in high school. Please tell me how I can get this DVD because I love him and Iam 3 ststes away from him and worry so much that I won't be there to help him through this. Thank you Ellen. They will be coming here for Thanksgiving so I will be talking to him again, but I will be showing him your page. Take care. Thanks for all you do for everyone. Alison Buchanan or MeeMee as my Grandkids call me

Vanessa

I was bullied in grade 7 and 8, School teachers, students were all involved. finally when highschool started i wasnt bullied until about grade 10 and 11. then it stopped now iam 24 years old and some site thedirty.com has posted rediculous vulgur disgusting slander attack on my family. It makes me heartbroken i called the police and they said to contact facebook. facebook wouldnt help me now im stuck being bullied and no1 will help me! What do i do ? Im all alone to fight this battle.

Laurie Lima

I was hesitant to write our history inside the school here but then I read the posts below and felt comforted...or maybe at home. My children were bullied by the teachers/principal of their high school. I was then sued for libel when I reported it by the Teacher who had the most direct bullying towards my eldest daughter (she has three dui's and apparently also lost her drivers license. My youngest daughter also became sick daily each time she entered the school (stress of feeling unsafe and being bullied) I withdrew her and hid her in high school. Wow I thought we were the only ones was I ever wrong.

(Page 4 of 6) Newer123456Older