Do you know an amazing person who could use Ellen's help? Maybe it's a person who always puts your needs before their own, someone who keeps a positive attitude through tough times, or a neighbor who has changed your community, or a teacher who goes above and beyond. Does this person deserve a vacation, a car, or a call from Ellen? This season, Ellen's gonna keep giving back!

be on the show: nominate a deserving person in need

Comments

(Page 1 of 3) 123Older
Dennis

Hello,
My wife and I just celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary. I cannot believe that she is still with me after I abandoned her last October. I literally would not even answer a text message. During that time, I was diagnosed with PTSD stemming from my childhood and a severe head injury I suffered some years ago. I lost my job November of 2011 and fell into a deep and dark depression. My wife is a teacher and did her best to keep us afloat. When I moved into our oldest daughter's home and broke off all contact, I hurt her tremendously. She has always been there for me, but when she needed me most, I hid. I turned my oldest daughter against her, and she still will not treat her mother decently. I feel incredibly guilty because all she wanted the night I screamed across a crowded room at her through the phone that I wanted a divorce was to tell me how sick she was and receive a little comfort. She had broken ribs and developed pneumonia. I was so self-absorbed that I could not be bothered. Then, for three months, I treated her worse than anyone deserves.
Let me tell you a little about her. She works extremely hard. She teaches seventh grade math and has been with the same system for 21 years. She went back to school to get her degree when I drove a truck over the road. We had three children at the time. She worked full time, attended the University of Georgia full time, took care of our children, and even suffered the tragic loss of her parents to a car wreck. She is also extremely generous. She puts herself last most of the time. Last February our youngest daughter's husband left her and her two small boys. Dana, our daughter, was having a difficult time paying the bills and taking care of our two grandsons financially. My wife came to the only solution that would work. We gave up our home and moved in to help. We moved in June, 2013. My daughter and I had an argument so I moved to Nikki's house (our oldest) in July. She lives an hour away. I childishly put my feelings above those of my already confused grandsons (now 2 and 4) and my wife. Another example was during the time that I left her. Gabriel's birthday is in December (the 4 year old) followed closely by Christmas. Linda's transmission in her car was going out. Instead of focusing on what she really needed to save her money for, she made sure that Gabriel had a birthday party and that All of our grandchildren were okay for Christmas. Honestly, the money she spent was not near enough for that kind of work on a car, but it is just the point that once again, she places herself last. Another example is huge: She refuses not to discuss her family at work or anywhere else where people are discussing theirs. See, we have two gay children that are in loving relationships. Nikki has been with her wife for about 12 years, and Matt has been with his husband for 4 years. She has always supported all of her children and has become quite outspoken when it comes to Equality for All. Where some parents, especially public school teachers, might hide their gay children, my wife embraces not only their significant others, but also the family members of our children's spouses. See, my wife is AMAZING and does what she does not to be thanked or looked upon. She would rather not have the spotlight on her. However, it is time for something nice to come her way.
My wife no longer has a car. She has to be picked up and dropped off every day to get to work. Even though she is doing this, she still made sure that I have an older model car to ensure that Gabriel can get to school and so that I have a way to run errands during the day. I keep the boys and she is not comfortable with me not having a vehicle while I have the kids.
Please help me show my beautiful wife just how much I love and appreciate her.

Sincerely,
Dennis

Carma Morgan

The town of Ralston, OK is not much more than a ghost town. However, the Community Activity Group of Ralston each year works hard to get enough donations to host two free activities for the community and anyone who wants to attend. At Easter, they fund a Egg Hunt with candy and cash prizes. (Open and free to anyone and everyone.) The group provides prizes and snacks. At Christmas, they host a dinner and party for kids and their parents. (Again, anyone, regardless of where they live can attend and participate.) We have a Santa and each child that attends gets a present valued at $10.00 or more. In past, we also had drawings for bikes for kids. (Due to lack of funds and rising costs, we cannot afford this.) For many of these kids, these are the only presents they will receive at Christmas. On average, there are 100-150 kids that attend. I believe that this group, or others like it in the small, forgotten communities, could use the recognition. It's not just kids in the larger cities that do without.

Susan Queen

Dear Ellen, I am a mom to two beautiful boys, Tyler and Zachary. Zachary was born 3 months premature with Down syndrome. Zachary has had over 22 surgeries in hire life, most recently in February. We spend a lot of time in the children's hospital and in and out of the doctors office. With Zachary having to go through so much we never have the money to take family vacations, do special things or even give our oldest son all the things we wished we could. I am unable to work due to all of Zachary's medical issues and all the time he misses from school. I spend a lot of time at home taking care of Zachary so I neglect myself a lot. My husband and I have been married 27 years, we were high school sweethearts. We never get any alone time or take any trips together. I would never trade my son for anything and if my life is to care for him I am perfectly ok with that. He is my life. I wouldn't change a thing. Unfortunately we are in need of a lot of things that we have to put aside and hope one day to be able to take care of. Our main focus is on our sons. Zachary is a big Ellen fan and every day ask to watch Ellen. He repeats your shows ending line, "Anyway"! He cracks us up! Zachary is also a BIG BIG Two and a Half Men fan and loves Jon Cryer!! In fact, Zachary has many matching pajama sets just like "Allen" wears on the show! We tried writing to Jon Cryer and told him what a big fan Zachary is and how much it would mean to Zachary to meet him or get something from him. Zachary is the true meaning of a fighter and the strongest young man I know. He continues to fight through life and does it with a big smile on his face! We love your show and hope that maybe somehow one day we can meet you and Zachary can get the chance to do something fun. Keep doing all the great things you do. You are amazing! Love, Susan Queen

Neil Reinhardt

IN REGARDS TO MY BEING A "DESERVING PERSON"

HERE ARE TWO OF THE MANY WHO WILL ATTEST TO MY BEING AN EXTREMELY TRUTHFUL PERSON

Paul De Sena, PhD, is a professor of counselor education and served as Chairperson of the Department of Education for 8 years,
soe.lmu.edu/admissions/programs/counseling/meetthestaffandfaculty/pauldesena/
Yates Canipe PhD - Self Improvement from SelfGrowth.
http;//www.selfgrowth.com › ... › Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
OR DON'T YOU REGARD
MY SERVING MY COUNTRY LONGER THAN MOST
MY GIVING MORE BLOOD THAN MOST,
MY SAVING MORE LIVES THAN MOST
MY HELPING MANY MORE OTHERS THAN MOST
AND MY STOPPING MORE CRIMES IN PROGRESS THAN HAVE MOST

QUALIFY ME AS BEING A DESERVING PERSON

I AM SURE ELLEN WOULD

NEIL C. REINHARDT

Kim Taylor

Ellen,
Please help Colby Kansas's Elisa Finley. She is an 18 year old Senior who has stage 4 brain cancer. Our community has rallied around this beautiful, courageous young lady. She has a bucket list…her number 1 wish is to receive a REAL kiss from Channing Tatum…PLEASE have her on your wonderful show and make that wish happen! Colby really wants her to complete her list while she can. Elisa's niece is a student in my first grade classroom and Alisa's sister is a cook at our school. She also has several family members that have fought cancer, so PLEASE help!!!
God's blessings to you,
Kim Taylor

laurie

my name is laurie jones and i have an amazing son who i would like to nominate for a car. our family car broke down a year ago . we have a family of seven and did not have the money to fix our vehicle so my son, who is twenty and worked and bought his own car, has let me borrow his car to go to work and take my other children to school. he also got a job on the weekends so i could use his car during the week. he is such an extrodinary young man who is so giving, which is so rare in this day and age and especially at his age. most kids would want their car to go hang out with their friends and run around. i am so thankful for his generosity and love for his family and the sacrifice this has been for him without ever complaining. please consider my son joshua for a car. we are still unable to fix our vehicle and my son has never complained.

laurieajones7@yahoo.com

phillip   foster

I found out recently thur a dna test that I have a son named Derek who is a missionairy and is a youth pastor for uturn in Richmond Virginia .He has two degrees in the bible and has traveled the world helping others. Like to nominate him in this category since his church donations are down. The church could use a van to transport the kids around town. Hope you can help his church. My son is a deserving young man since he has always helped others in life as you do. Ellen you are a awesome person like my son Derek Hermann is. My son shines each day by the glory of God like you do. You both spread love to all. Hope you have a blessed day. Your fan Phillip Foster 561 634 5204

Tammi Curtis

Hi Ellen, I would like to nominate my Sister Kim Morse. I have emailed you twice and some of her story is on my home page as well. She is a breast cancer survivor and has gone thru hell.... She in the last 4 years she has gone thru Gallbladder surgery, Neck fusion, Skin cancer returned and she had to have that removed AGAIN, part of her jaw was removed due to a rare kind of bone cancer and then was diagnosted with Breast Cancer she had a mastectomy and is going thru reconstruction surgery, She is having back issues had to have a injection and her daughter recently moved home with her 2 boys.... She still continues to work full time in Bend Police Department in evidence... SHE NEEDS A BREAK. I have planned a trip to Disneyland over mothers day week this year and we are trying to get tickets to your show. Her husband and I am trying to surprise her with a sister only trip.We sure could use your help surprising her. Thank you even if she does not win we hope to be in your audience over Mothers day week. Thank you for this oppritunity friend and fan Tammi Curtis. My number is 541-60...1-8303 and Kim's number is 541-420-9083.

Colleen Wallace

Well, I recently nominated myself, but I need to nominate my sister and her family. She has suffered a horrific tragedy. My sister Amanda was expecting her second child. We were all excited and joy filled our hearts as we learned her due date was on Christmas Day 2013. She went to midwife appointment on December 4 and learned that they couldn't find my nieces heartbeat. They immediately sent her to the local hospital where they discovered what we had feared. My niece Jubilee Belle wasn't alive. This has never happened in our family and I am just heartbroken. Not just for Jubilee but also for my sister and her family. My sister is a very religious person and I am having problems gripping as to why god would let something like this happen. Especially since she only had about 3 weeks to go. They have been struggling financially for along time. They really could use something good and positive especially since her due date is just a few weeks away. I honestly do not know how they are going to get through this holiday.

The sad thing is I feel so horrible because she and I were both pregnant around the same time. I had my son on May 15th 2013. We both were so excited to have the kids together for their first Christmas.

This Christmas just will not be the same and our family could really use something good out of it.
Ellen please help give them something to be happy about this Christmas. They really deserve it.

Please contact me.

Colleen WALLACE
4boysmom2010@gmail.com

Colleen Wallace

I love watching Ellen. I love seeing her help those in need who fell on hard times. I know how a lot of those people feel. I am a mom of four boys. My oldest being 15 and my youngest 6 months. It has been a struggle with working and trying to support my boys. There are times that I don't even know if we will have enough food to eat, or gas to put in my car to get to work. My 12 year old son was diagnosed a year ago today with diabetes and that is also a challenge we have to make sure the food we do have is things that he can eat and not send his sugar levels to spike. I told my children not to expect much for Christmas this year because with having the baby, I was out on unpaid maternity leave. I did receive short term disability but only for 6 weeks and the other 6 was unpaid and it caused us to get behind on so many bills. This is the first year I really am not looking forward to Christmas because I don't know if I will be able to have gifts under the tree for my kids. I am months behind on our gas bill and I am in fear they will shut our gas off. Watching Ellen is one hour out of the day that I feel I can be happy. Seeing people like her and the good she does helps make me see there are still great people in the world. I could go on more about problems my family has, but I count my blessings that we have each other and though we might not have a house we call our own or a big good running car, we get by with what we do have and for that I am thankful. Thanks Ellen for helping us believe that maybe one day we will get to a brighter side.
With everything being said I would like to nominate my mom and dad to have someone come in and renovate their home. They have always put my sisters and my family's needs before their own. My dad has let their house go because he is to busy with work and now with him having arthritis in his back he can't do as much as he once did. They had me and at the time my 3 boys plus my younger sister all living with them. Their basement leaks every time it rans and recently my moms collection of her teapots was lost because of the cupboard she had it in broke way and all her ceramic teapots that meant things to her were broken. She has suffered a lot she lost her mom when she was 6 years old and had her dad and other relatives help raise her. When her dad died she became depressed, I still believe she is in depression. Even with everything my parents have gone through they still managed to help us girls and others in need. If you could please help them, we would be forever in your debt. Thanks again for listening to me and our story.

Karen Corsello

I know a young single father who could use some help.His name is Vincent. He is raising his daughter all by himself and on January 1,2014 the both of them will become homeless. He lost his job a year ago. All he has been doing is raising his daughter.He helps his friends out by babysittng,picking up other children from school.He never thinks of himself at all. He will do without everything to make sure his daughter has everything to have as normal a life as possible.The holidays are almost here please help.

Christopher Fraser

I'm back! Kim deserves a break and help. My parents Barb & George Fraser mjf@sasktel.net and cgf@sasktel.net need to not worry about me. Kim's parents Shirley and Elmer who don't have internet up north of here by Prince Albert and have never flown in their lives. Dave Grohl and Ian Thornley weren't just for me! My entire family would be blown away! Kim and her sister Sherry Hastings would be blown away also. Me? I'm fine! I came out of surviving brain cancer as an ******* and I own that! Many relationships have been strained but not broken! My friends and family have been great. Kim is and was amazing through all of this, I couldn't love her more even one of my nurses said we were among the nicest people she knew! My blog continues and now I'm helping out the Rock it out blog on youtube.com with Canadian band reviews! www.amillionmilesawayblog.com

mellissa (lulu) davis

Hi Ellen my name is melllissa but everybody calls me lulu i am writing this for me ansd my sisters about our mom donna, We want to let you know how great she is and everyone refers to her as ms donna or mamma dee she is always giving to everyone and quite shy when it comes to her own issues. We arte currently homeless and have no where to go the shelters are full and contrary to the beliefs because my momms a single mom we do not get any welfare assistance for as long as we can remeber our mother worked and providedd for us, she has made many attemots to gain her college degree and everyone she meets or has ever helped us she keeps a book with what they have done or giving so she can repay them one day, she is currently unemployed had to choose school or work she choise scholl because the job was not a good one. we have not had a car of our own in over 3 years and we move constantly. through it all our mom keeps a smile on her face and says no worries have faith, but me and my sister have alot of health stuff going on and i am unique i learn different thamn other kids, my sisters the smart one our mom says we have no choice its a must we go to college but not with loans like her because it will take your entire life to pay it back, i awant to be a plus size fashion designer and my sister wants to be a gamer, our mom has lived a rough life she was pregnant very young, was molested, raped,in a gang,physically and mentally abused as a child and in adult relationships, she has overcame so many obstacles never would she have imagined being homeless and with the holidays fast approaching, she has always provided and weve always had a holiday we see in her face that the stress and tiredness is showing although she says she fine. asahe watches your show and oprahs show faithfully and says she is gonna be just like yall when she gets out of school we pray that its true for her and for us .Ellen we are not anymore deserving than anyone else that put up a post our mom says everyone has a story and not to judge and compete but if theres anythiong you can do to help us pleassee we are begging you we will volunteer for you whatever it takes to help her up she will never know we posted this beacause she will kill us her professsors have been trying to help us find help to without her knowledge but we have all been unsuccessful, Ellen please anything you can do to help us up is greatly appreciated we love you ellen and we think your are so funny ellen you rock tahnks for letting us post lolz lulu donnaray nikki and nyla

Lizeth

Hi Ellen my name is yeraldi and my moms name is Isabel. Well my mom is going thru a ruff time even tho my mom smiles thru the hardest times theirs times where we don't pay the rent on time because we don't have the money , sometimes we don't buy clothes for months , the past Christmas we finally had some presents under the tree not the much but we were happy now this year I don't know if will have presents. I wish I could help my mom pay all the money that she owes so she won't have to worry about nothing my mom is the nicest person you'll even meet. I wish I had a job to help my mom it hurts me seen her go thru this sometimes my brother ask her for money to but clothes but she don't have any , my mom is a shy person she doesn't know about this if she did she would tell me no don't do it but I had to cause I hate seen my mom go thru this Ellen. I hope you get to read this Ellen and help us if you can , me and my brother always watch your show and when we saw that you help people I decide to write this to you I wish that you could help us Ellen , if you know what my family has been thru it really hurts me I hope one day my mom would not owe anything anymore and forget about everything that she owes and smile and say finally I don't Owen anything. I know my mom wakes up thinking the same thing and goes to sleep thinking the same thing it's not a day that goes by that my mom doesn't stop thinking about how much she owes with. I hope you read this Ellen and could help me to help my mom. May god bless you Ellen

ALEXANDRIA WILLIAMS

HI I AM 8 YEARS OLD AND MY DADDY NAME IS JUSTIN AND HE DESERVE HELP BECAUSE MY MOMMY HAS BEEN SICK FOR THIS WHOLE YEAR AND HE LOST HIS JOB AND HE HAS BEEN TRYING TOO PAY BILLS AND I KNOW ITS HARD BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT EVERYDAY. I KNOW WE WANT TO HAVE A BIG CHRISTMAS BUT I DON'T CARE I JUST WANT MY DADDY TOO NOT BE TIRED AND STRESS ALL THE TIME. I HAVE TWO OTHER SISTERS AND ONE BIG BROTHER AND IT HAS TOO DO EVERYTHING. MY MOMMY DOESN'T TALK MUCH OR LEAVE THE HOUSE AND MY DADDY DOES THE COOKING CLEANING AND TAKING CARE OF US. ELLEN CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US.. MY DADDY WATCHES YOUR SHOW EVERY MORNING AT 6:OO AM WHILE HE GETS ME READY FOR SCHOOL.

(Page 1 of 3) 123Older