When Ellen read Jackie's letter, she wanted to do something to help her. Ellen brought her to the show to hear her story in person, and to give her a surprise that will really lift her spirits -- a new car!

Comments

(Page 7 of 12) Newer45678910Older
Carly

Could you please do something really really special for my mum?? She's been a single mum for 18 years and she's raising all 4 of us. She could really use a break or even a special THANK YOU gift. I love my mum very very much. We all do. She is the coolest mum. Seriously :) So please please help me thank her for all her hard work.
God Bless!
Carly :)

Jonella Dididore

Ellen
House Car Vacation
And
Sophia Vergara

Hi Ellen: My name is Jonella Disidore and I live in Topeka Kansas
785 260...-9826
2213 NE 39th Street Topeka Kansas 66617

The show with Sophia Vergara, the “Color Girl Episode” I call it, I watch about twice a week. It is going to be in the background of me telling my story. I will be mimicking my favorite parts throughout. In addition to watching your show daily, I only watched that episode about a ba-gillion times. It kills me it is so funny and completely lifts my spirits no matter what is going on.
Bottom Line Ellen- you help, you and your show help me
You help by making me laugh when the bottom of the boat is falling out
You help because you show kindness when I feel like it no longer exists
You give to me every day with your huge heart and you keep me going with the gift of Ellen

As soon as I think I have it down to submit to the show something else happens. Latest the furnace just went out. We fit in all categories, no vacation, and house falling apart, vehicle starting on fire while I am driving it, as I am telling my sister-in-law Sonia, “Yeah, it could be dust, but I think it’s smoke.” I will never catch up with all this mess not to mention the lights go out whenever and not only does the car smoke, the gas gauge stopped working it just goes on and on and then…
Cover Girl Commercial Preface…Ellen…
Ellen and I Quote about Sophia Vergara… “I don’t know, I don’t understand English, I don’t know…I am so sick of that routine.”
I know this …That is when I was sure this is how I would send this story to you but I cannot wait to tape it. I purchased the home during the tax credit year and the inspectors and realtors were pushing homes out as fast as they could and basically did not follow thru on anything. A week later from purchasing my home, I lost my job because of the economy. Thank god for the VA and this new program they have started for all veterans based in Topeka Kansas. I help veterans all over the United States. This job saved me just like you. Gods speed. I firmly believe that! The house is falling apart and began leaking on the first rain storm. It just went downhill from there. I love the house but it’s a money pit.
Sophia Vergara “We are like a ‘Pee in a Pod.’ That look you give after that, kills me the more I watch it…Fantastic. I was going to do it with you in my video, you do it 3 times.
Since we have moved in my son has been getting extremely ill and we were at the emergency room a lot. Found out we had sewer gas leaking in from the clean out (septic) tank because the pipe coming out of the house was not installed right. It should have been below the water level, not above. It took one inspector, six different series of plumbers just to figure it out. Once I was driving into work at 6:45 am and something fell off the front and was dragging on the road throwing sparks off and making a huge amount of noise. Kept driving, gotta get to the mechanic, right and yeah people were looking…! My mechanic Kevin of the work shop ‘Yosemite Sam’s’ will tell you, he is funny, a good ol’ country boy. As far as the septic/sewer issue, I made my own filter at one point to keep the house from smelling. My name should be changed to Miss MacIver, “***** baahleassseee” . …I’m telling ya Ellen, its tough!
No vacation here, nope, notta, not happening.
Sophia Vergara “Oh no my face is sleepy, come on hands wake up my face wake up my face.”….. “I had a long night working at the Circle K.” Oh god Sophia’s face is hilarious!!
I was going to start firing pottery to make extra cash with the wheel for spinning but found out even my fuse box for the house was recalled many moons ago and it will not pop the breakers like it is supposed to. Everything is plugged into power supplies for safety. We are power-stripped down to the gills, no doubt. I also have a kids’ book posted on my face book page and a whole kids book series with notes and I have the “Edgar Allen Poe In the mind of a writer” book I wrote and put together myself because I do not have an agent . I am trying, thanks to you I keep pushing on, otherwise I would have just given up. You bring hope to me every day. I laugh and I cry on each show, it is the complete Ellen package. I love you so much.
Trying to find an agent in Topeka Kansas is like running up a hill with banana peels on your feet.

Being a single mom with a teenage son, my job is extremely stressful and rewarding at the same time. The money is good but I have only been working here a few years. Neither of us has been on a family vacation together anywhere ever…. I have spent well over 20,000.00 plus in the past two years. I hate to see that money go and not of it get applied to our dreams. I am telling you it is hard.
Sophia Vergara yelling my favorite line“ That’s not the mouth” as you are circling her whole face with lipstick. There is so much more, I love that episode and your show.
I have been trying to write this letter since December 2009. I bought my house on the same year and got laid off work right before my Birthday December 18, and the holidays. I am glad I waited because this show “The Cover Girl Episode” was not filmed yet
Sophia Vergara, “Easssy breeezy beautiful Cover Girl” and her face is a total wreck!
I love you Ellen, I love you and your show so much. Thank goodness, even though they were re-runs, during the Olympics your show still aired. I had to get my Ellen fix for the day!
You Rock,
Truly yours and it has been a privilege, Jonella

Jonella Dididore

COVER GIRL episode, COVER GIRL...not colored girl, clumbsy thumbsy there ooopps EDIT please...
Ellen
House Car Vacation
And
Sophia Vergara

Hi Ellen: My name is Jonella Disidore and I live in Topeka Kansas
785 260...-9826
2213 NE 39th Street Topeka Kansas 66617

The show with Sophia Vergara, the “Cover Girl Episode” I call it, I watch about twice a week. It is going to be in the background of me telling my story. I will be mimicking my favorite parts throughout. In addition to watching your show daily, I only watched that episode about a ba-gillion times. It kills me it is so funny and completely lifts my spirits no matter what is going on.
Bottom Line Ellen- you help, you and your show help me
You help by making me laugh when the bottom of the boat is falling out
You help because you show kindness when I feel like it no longer exists

As soon as I think I have it down to submit to the show something else happens. Latest the furnace just went out. We fit in all categories, no vacation, and house falling apart, vehicle starting on fire while I am driving it, as I am telling my sister-in-law Sonia, “Yeah, it could be dust, but I think it’s smoke.” I will never catch up with all this mess not to mention the lights go out whenever and not only does the car smoke, the gas gauge stopped working. It just goes on and on and then…
Cover Girl Commercial Preface…Ellen…
No vacation here, nope, notta, not happening.

Being a single mom with a teenage son, my job is extremely stressful and rewarding at the same time. The money is good but I have only been working here a few years. Neither of us has been on a family vacation together anywhere ever…. I have spent well over 20,000.00 plus in the past two years. I hate to see that money go and none of it gets applied to our dreams. I am telling you it is hard.
You Rock,
Truly yours and it has been a privilege, Jonella

Jenay Barstad

SCONNIE TALES:
friend kiara is strongest single-mother, woman, person I know.
a car will aid for her desire to voice a story of abuse.

does leo dicaprio want to be a stepfather?
-this is a question for me.

Jenay Barstad

Ellen,
Here's the deal. My friend has been through hell and you would never know because she has the purest heart a being could have. She has been through abuse and neglect from her family. Her name is Kiara by the way. She has a daughter who will be 2 years old in August. She will do anything for anyone and help with childcare. She will strap her daughter on her back and push a stroller through 4 feet of snow for miles so the children can play at the library. She was kicked out of her house by her daughter's father with nothing. She has no family to go back to and is extremely talented in the performing arts. She has incredible strength and I am so blessed we found each other. As a single mother, the second you step out the front door, there is a good chance you will be judged from whomever in society. This is not to say poor us and what horrible lives we live, but to be a mom is the best and greatest job out there and for some reason there are many people who voice all the things and ways you are wrong because you don't have a ring on your finger or a man by your side. My friend needs a car. I have tried to contact other dealerships in the area and have told myself if I win the lottery-which is hard to do if you don't buy tickets, that I would most definitely purchase her a car.

I don't want her to know this!
Thanks Jenay and Scarlett WISCONSIN REPRESENT

Jenay Barstad

Ellen,

I don't want her to know this!
Thanks Jenay and Scarlett WISCONSIN REPRESENT

Mamaknowsbest

First I just want to say I don't want a new car. I just want to tell my story of being a recently new single mom. About 2 1/2 years ago, the father of my child decided to have an affair behind my back. As soon as I moved out, he had his new girlfriend move in within a week later. We were together for over 18 years and have a teenage daughter together. She had a learning disability when she was young and I spent many hours a day to help her in her homework. Now she has been on the honor roll for 5 years straight and is the sweetest and most driven girl you would meet. Times have been really hard financially but on Mother's day she wrote a 697-word report about how I have inspired her. I love her soo much and she made me see how it's all worth it!

Connie Marcum

Start working at home with Google! It's by-far the best job Ive had. Last Monday I got a new Alfa Romeo from bringing in $7778. I started this 9 months ago and practically straight away started making more than $83 per hour. I work through this link, http://Mojo50.com

Julie

Ellen, I am writing to you after reading about your generousity toward single moms. My sister is a single mom of two boys. She was left a widow after a tragic accident took her husband. Since then she vowed to be the best mom so that the boys would not do without snd has also devoted herself to take on the duty of caring for my aging parents. She is in dire need of a dependable vehicle to take my parents to ALL their appointments which are all out of town. She can't get a job because of the care she gives to my parents and her two boys. When she has asked for govenment assistance she is denied. Please help!!

Savannah O'Keefe

This is really a touching story. This occurs in many lives of single mothers, mine included. What a sweet family. Very happy for them!!

shari

Dear Ellen,
I am aware of your generosity to so many and I am writing you about my older sister, Kathy. Kathy has been raising her 5 year old granddaughter as a single mom since Peyten was two years old. Peyten's mom, Kathy's daughter, and Peyten's father have totally abandoned her and both live out of state, living separate lives from their daughter. Peyten has never had a relationship with either one and my sister is 'mom', court awarded full custody. Needless to say, while there is never a dull moment and there is so much love and joy Peyten has given my sister, at 53, Kathy often grows weary for obvious reasons. She also has been unemployed for several months and each week holds promise for my very capable sister only to experience let down after let down as positions are filled by others, she wants to work! I just know that the right job is there for her sometime soon, but she is getting discouraged. There are many jobs she applies for out of town knowing her vehicle is on it's last leg. This woman is not only my sister, she is my hero because she has given her life so Peyten could have love, security and a parent in her life. Ellen, I am asking that you would please consider providing a car repair or even donating a car to my sister. These times are hard on so many and I just want to assure you that she is one wonderful, brave lady at 53 yrs old and one tough broad! Thank you for your time and consideration. Shari

morgan

hi ellen im 13 and my mom is singel and we need help her has not worked in like 1 year and i wrote to you but i lost the note so i think this is better i wish i was older so i can win xfactor or american idiol or somthing so i will like for my family to get a change in our lives so can u help from morgan samuel

morgan

its morgan i need to tell you my mom is 50 and has 6 kids 3 r over 29 and they live in trinidad me and the other two live in texas i have a baby brother he is 4 my other brother that lives with me is 19 and me im 13 i will bee so greatful if you help us

Leola C. Provenzano

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job Ive had. Last Tuesday I bought a gorgeous Lancia Straton from earning $4331 this – 5 weeks past. I began this 7-months ago and right away started to earn at least $69, per-hr. I use this website,, http://Mojo50.com

amanda adams

Hi Ellen my name is Amanda I am a single mother I have a very handsome 5 yr old who is my whole world, my joy. I just recently left the father of my son due to him being verbally,mentally and there has been physical abuse I can't put myself through that anymore me and my son deserve so much more. Me and my son are now living with my mother,I have no income coming in due to me not being able to work, Im ready to start a new life with me and Drake but I have a problem Im ready to go bk to work but I don't have a car I lost my car back in Aug I was really behind on payments and couldn't afford it so therefore I could not work. Ellen you are such an inspiration to me, you are so kind and beautiful just an amazing person can you please help me and my son Ellen it would besuch a blessing I love Ellen thankyou for all the wonderful things you do!!!!

(Page 7 of 12) Newer45678910Older