Our hero principal wasn't leaving the show without a huge surprise. Our friends at Target hooked-up this amazing principal with an astounding check for $100,000! They also had a big surprise for all of her students, and our audience!

If you were moved by Principal Sherrie Gahn's amazing story and want to help her and the children and families of her school, you can make a donation! Checks can be sent to Whitney Elementary School, 5005 Keenan Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89122-7461.

Or, donate by credit card here.

To see a list of items that Whitney Elementary needs, please visit their website.

Comments

(Page 1 of 3) 123Older
Kelly Plumb

Hi Ellen

My three year old daughter has been continuously watching Pixar movies for the past year...ALL of them. She has been especially fond of Wall-E, Toy Story and Finding Nemo. On a recent car ride, from the back seat she started making these noises that seemed random yet oddly familiar at the same time. I asked her what she was doing whereupon she informed me "I'm speaking whale Mummy". I will do my very best to see if she'll do it while I'm taping because it really is that cute. Just thought I'd pass that along.
Thanks to you for your endless, clean entertainment and reprieve from the swill generally polluting my television. You're a breath of fresh air.

Jill Curry

This is really an amazing blessing for this school. Sherri Gahn is changing these kids' lives. Thanks, Ellen, for using your celebrity and connections to make a lasting impact for these kids and this school. Good work!

lawanda harris

hello ellen i just want you to no the things that you do for people has touch me i dont have a lot but dang you are god sent keep doing what you do love u ellen

Shania

Start working at home with Google! Just work for few hours and have more time with friends and family. I earn up to $500 per week. It's a great work at home opportunity. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. Linked here http://Pow6.com

Karen Martin

Hi Ellen, I love watching your show. I want to let you know that I have lupus and when I'm having a crummy day or a good day I all way's know that I will laugh, smile and some time's cry but it's the best medicine I can afford. Thank You Ellen. All my LOVE BACK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure what is a URL?
Hopefully you and your SUPER TEAM can help me out.
E-MAIL ADDRESS is verikary@aol.com

T. Worrell

wow! incredible!..the awards given to students for being kind, ..so wonderful. ..wouldn't it be great if all schools implemented this simple idea. : )

Lauren Blakely

Hi Ellen
I'm one of your biggest fans. I too only watch your show through YouTube because I'm always at school so I never get to see your show but on holidays. I also want to become a teacher. My brother is autistic and was diagnosed when he was 18 months old and right now we are having a tough time because of bills and Both my parents' cars broke down and we are paying for my sisters even though she doesn't live with us. I'm also trying to get a job so that I can help with the bills of paying for the cars and this house thats holding us down, but nobody will hire me. Please help if you can, 7761 fm741 forney tx

becky kimbrell

Hi, ellen!

On june 16, 2011 I wasy told I may never walke
U know how u get so excited when a babrolls over the frist? Thans how ee we were.
Unfotnytlaty
Beauvse I was on life support so log o wss touranemented. R ichrc has sol all ae can ju get by. Please help us. 2802 simmons road jasper al 35501

Cora Spirou-Gloede

I would LOVE to nominate my sister, Karen Olivero to be a recipient of a live changing surprise. She is in the fight of her live with a rare neurological disease called MSA and is in dire need of home heath care, handicapp changes to her house, physical therapy and occupational therapy. Karen was a hard working nurse who lost her job to this disease and she reinvented herself by opening her business called Sunday Morning Bakery which she had to close because of her illness. She put her son through nursing school and has been an awesome member of society as well as a great mom to her daughter who now has her own son that my sister Karen is unable to play with. This disease is stealing precious time with loved ones and causing here marked limitations & pain she needs help with. You can read her story and possibly donate pleas at: https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/cck3/teamkaren **Thank you very much!! **

Saman

Dear Ellen,

I hope you get a chance to read this . My friend is trying to charish every moment with her 6 years daughter who was diagnosed with D.I.P.G an operable brain tumor. I believe she has only a few weeks to live. I can't image the pain that she must be going through. I writing because the family needs help to raise awareness and raise funds. You can check out her blog for yourself (love4jlk.org) and she is on Facebook. I hope you can just mention it on your show it might bring a smile to my friends face in this horrible time.

A admiring fan

Prashant Kshatriya

Hi Ellen,

I watch your show regularly but only in youtube :P. Hope to meet you.

Prashant K****riya
India

Bruce Zingler

Ellen,

There is a family that lives near us that lost everything in a house fire. They could really use your help. The name of these people are the Thooft Family from Lucan, Minnesota. Please consider helping this family.

Aisha Muhaimin

I don't think Ellen reads our comments anyway!

Aisha Muhaimin

I say BA-UGH HUMBUG! Christmas is NOT the same anymore! My kids are 19 and 15 and we stopped having Christmas 2 yeas ago! I'm a single mom and work in nursing and the only joy i get are from my patients! every year i wait until tax time to make up what i cant afford for Christmas. This year will be different because I cant afford what my kids want. My daughter comes home from break Friday with no tree or decor so their going to their dads! I now officially hate Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!! The commercials don't help nor do the agencies that because im not poo enough to qualify!

Melane Miller

Hi my name is Melane Miller and I attend Canyon Springs High School Law and Leadership preparatory in North Las Vegas as a senior in the business program. While club season began I tried out for Dig This, a volleyball club team, and made the 18’s travel. While I was happy and excited to join the team, I was quickly struck with the realization that it was rather costly. The tuition for this team is $3,000; something my mother does not have. I told her that I would cover the expenses, but became stressed because I have no idea on how I can come up with so much money. I started a donation page on gofundme.com and hoped I could raise my funds there, however the process has been going really slow for me. I needed to have $500 by November 17th ; I did not pay it. Now I am behind on a payment with another coming up and only $150 to give from fundraising. I understand that I am not the only person under stress and you may have better things to look into, but I need your help. If you would please go to my donation page www.gofundme.com/dig-this-vb-funds or email me at melanemiller@yahoo.com to see if you could give anything at all it would be more than helpful. I am not asking you to give all you have, but just to give any amount that you can. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope you have a good day.

(Page 1 of 3) 123Older