During her powerful interview with Ellen, Portia took the time to answer some questions from audience members who had been moved by her new book, "Unbearable Lightness."

video: portia answers audience questions

Comments

Pat Stebbins

I'd like to tell you about the kindest, bravest woman I have ever met; my mother-in-law, Betty Stebbins. Betty and her husband, Jerry, raised five children, a grand child and now a great grandchild that they adopted. Quite an accomplishment for a Navy Chief and a woman who had a horrible childhood. Taylor, the great grandchild they adopted, has CF and is blind. Betty, who is normally pretty soft spoken, became Taylor's advocate. She fought the school boards to get him into the right schools so that he could be in the mainstream with special instruction. In addition to CF and being blind, Taylor is neurologically impaired as the nerves connecting the two parts of the brain did not form properly. However, is s bright and the light of everyone's life. Jerry passed away on May 26th and after 51 1/2 years of marriage to a wonderful man, she still finds the time to be there for anyone in the family who needs her. Her strength is incredible. Jerry passed away very quickly and no one was ready for our rock to leave us so suddenly. Betty even had to make the horrible decision to "pull the plug" and did it knowing her husband of so many years would not want to live in his condition. We were all there to support her and she stayed strong for us although we knew she was torn apart. Now she's left to care for Taylor and a huge mortgage. No complaints from her though. She's sure she can make it. We all live close by and in fact two of us are right next door. She does have her teary moments when she talks about the love of her life and we're all there to support her when she needs help with Taylor, or to run an errand, or take care of the yard. Betty is 76 and although she's used to living on a tight budget, we would love for her to get some help. Knowing how you feel about people like Betty, I decided to reach out to you. If you can do something nice for her, it would be most appreciated. She certainly deserves it.

Thanks,
Pat

Tim  McNeill

I like to go with you and bring a friend with me she loves to travel the only show we seen is the Maury Provich show and the Steve Harvey show and yours love yours would like to wish you happy birthday in person given our birth dates are the same.

Phyllis C

Y Ellen thanks for the interview with Courtney Cox i got alot of beauty tips I think and it was almost as if it was just the two of you.... Hilarious but very personable. It was great. oMG Congratulations Pierce Family! so wonderful. Your so generous. What a beautiful family.My 16 & 18 year olds love Kevin Hart. Please have him on more often. OMG Yuck told my kids Tmi on the feet. Great show today but then its always great..CONGRATULATIONS TONY. Love u Ellen.

Chris Wallace

Hello.
Could you give me a tip on how to ask for tickets to see your show. I can never see any dates that are available. Also I have a hard time getting onto sites from the home page. I don't ever find what I was going to look into. Thanks for your time. Love the show.

Chris

Pierina Cicero

I love your wife's New hair cut.. I want to do that to..

jason garner

Pls My last Chance to get help! Wvqueer@gmail.com

Ex Model, Actor once Wealthy now Just real! My lil Brother was taken at only 2 and found at 7 but was hard for him and state
him at 9. My mother and my 1 1/2 yr older brother both took thier lives after couple years first brother then mother 2 months later when I was 16. Was unanticipated and went to California to get my little Brother because I was all he had left as he was all I had. I went back to school while working 2 Jobs, also Started modeling for Killers Outpost and Acting in small parts like Titanic. But never was enough and lost my brother for next 19 yrs.

By a weird twist of fate I got trapped in West Virgina and Married Keith Combs for 10 yrs and was 10yrs older as well. Keith now Own StoneWall the biggest Gay Club in Wv,Kent,Ohio and owns few more so is King of Gay Culture here but built at my expense and self worth.

At 21 hi*****e word to black female neighbour, changed my life forever. Her Giant Boyfriend came to my door looking for my brother which I new wasn't possible said my brother is 16 across country, in sec he realised from my mannerisms and said oh your ***s! I tried closing door but was tiny 120 pnd twink. Guy said he **** with my ***** then I will his, grabs me by throut pinning me to ceiling one hand choking me til unconsciousness but I thought to death.

I awoke with no memory unable to stand lying in kitchen floor with door wide open and blurred vision. At this point I had no pain and was oblivious to what was wrong with me. My cell rang I answered and Keith new something was wrong from my slured speech & confusion, I thought I fell but passed back out till Keith showed up 1 hr later but was crying (Only time he ever cried except at end of 10 yrs to get me back) so I was horrified. This guy continuely stop My head, Face, neck, completely ****tering my Jaw, 18 teeth, and reason I couldn't stand was my head was swollen 4 x its size and I couldn't recognise myself for months.

After life of hiding I found my lil brother, but I'm tramatised, poor and teeth all screw up look like as big as a freak as I always feel. But lost mother, father, 3 brothers, and hide away in room in projects, finally found kidnapped lil brother after 20 year, it been 5 months teeth are worse me andveric tried, I even asked every powerful person in Hollywood/World, but lifetime of asking for help got nothing but took advantage if ever person I've met, I don't think I can keeptrying. So sad, lonely, and god isnt doing anything even though I help every person I ever new, and thinking me and my brother won't get to reunite before I quit. Everyday is ripped with Pain, fear sadness lose, betrayal, and loneliness so much I think this is just world giving me and my brother false hope Again, and 1 more day of hell praying, to good, ophra, Ellen, Rosie, and try for lottery and sweeps but 1 more day poor, suffering, hiding, trying to fix teeth to love back to Cali with my brother, I think I'm done begging for 1 kind person to save me and