about-this-page

I'm so happy you're checking out this page! I've been trying to live a kinder, more compassionate life, and I've learned a lot of things along the way. It's not hard to do -- you just need to know how! There is so much that you can do -- from helping to stop bullying in schools, to having compassion for all living things.

I've listed a lot of information here that I think will be helpful. There are books and movies that are important, plus videos of interviews with inspiring people, and links to organizations doing wonderful things for people and animals across the country. And there are easy, healthy recipes which prove that being vegan doesn't mean you can't have delicious meals!

I personally chose to go vegan because I educated myself on animal cruelty. Suddenly, I realized that what was on my plate were living things, with feelings. And I just couldn't disconnect myself from it any longer. I read books like "Diet for a New America" and saw documentaries like "Earthlings" and "Meet your Meat," and it became an easy choice for me.

If you want to learn more about why and how you can do the same, I hope you'll check out my new page: Going Vegan with Ellen.

Take a look at the various reasons I chose to live a kinder, compassionate life. If you choose to educate yourself, it'll be an easy choice for you, too!

Comments

(Page 6 of 23) Newer3456789Older
Bernice Parenteau

Dear Ellen,
I have a niece Megg. Her and her family recently moved here from Atlanta. Her husband Santiago returned home from a military stint in Afganistan. Santiago and Megg wanted children and were unable to conceive. They opted to adopt Devan, Devan has special needs(Autism). They adopted him when he was 7 so they were very much aware and felt this is what they needed to do. They also tried to adopt Summer(18yr old). Summer also has special needs. They adopted Summer for many reasons but especially because of her horrible life and no one wants an 18 year and did not want her to live in foster care her whole life. About a 8 months ago Summer ran away from home and went back to her real mother, her mother never cared about Summer and to make a long story short, Summer got caught into teen sex trafficing and got pregnant. Megg and Santiago found out, found her and took her back home with them. So now they will be raising Summers baby as their own grandchild. Soon after a very close friend of theirs(Ashley) told them she would carry a baby for them. She did just that and so they now have Rafael. I have just learned very recently that they are trying to adopt Summers 11 year old brother who is in foster care so Summer and he came be together. Ok where I am going with this is they are an amazing couple and an amazing family. They are in need of a car that can fit their whole family. They are in need of many things...they never complain, they just make due. They have the biggest hearts. Was wondering if somehow you could help them?

Mary Holschen

On one of your shows last week, you asked if anyone needed a car, and if so, to let you know. My husband and I have a very dear friend, who also works for and with Jerry at his company. Her name is Shirley Robinson and her husbands name is Ricky. They are the nicest people you would ever want to meet! It has been a while now that sweet Shirley found out she has Carceroid cancer. The treatments haven't been going well. Shirley has been trying to come to the office as many days a week as possible, and she has been remarkable! But there was an accident, not her fault, no serious injuries, thank God, but she had to buy an old van with over 130,000 miles on it. To make matters worse, Ricky's pick up truck, with all of his tools in it, was stolen right off their driveway, so, yes!! Shirley could use a nice, safe car it drive to work and to the doctors, and Ricky could definitely use another pickup so that he can start building up his tool supply and return to work! Shirley and Ricky have been married for some time now and are there for each other, but if you are thinking you might want to help, you won't be able to find two people that would be more grateful for your love and generosity. God bless you, Ellen, for the good you do for so many people. Patti Holschen. 314-828-9180. Cell phone

Amanda Kay Wilson

Dear Ellen,
I want to thank you for your generosity and compassion for others. My dad struggles to win the fight against cancer everyday and i watch everyone around me including myself struggle to watch him fight that battle. I dont know if you will actually ever see this but if you do i hope the fact that you bring a smile to my face, especially in these hard times, brightens your day a little! Bless you Ellen!

Amanda Wilson

Cesay William

Google is paying 80$ per hour! Just work for few hours & spend more time with friends and family. Yesterday I bought a top of the range Lancia after having made $9458 this month. Its the most-financialy rewarding I've had. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out http://Pow6.com

janiel

I wished Ellen came to my ciuntry

Kimberly Alexander

I will be a cancer survivor in November for 5 years now. During the time I was diagnosed in Aug of 2008, I had my major surgery in Nov, 2008, and then Chemo Jan of 2009. In the process I had all the side effects Nausea, Loss of hair, etc. I was working right through my last chemo. What hurt me the most was two people at my work spread that I faked my cancer to get a new boob job, and shaved my head. How devistating that was when I heard those words. I remember going home and just crying and how somepeople could do that to a human being. I am still hurt by that comment and wish those people would stop being so uncompassiante with a human being.

1 Reply
Jennifer Unv

Start working at home with Google! Its by-far the best job Ive had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. Useful Reference http://goo.gl/w7ceUX
WORK LESS EARN MORE

Elizabeth Horton

I think you are such a sweet person. You have the ability by your celebrity status to inspire many people and you're doing it; and have been for a long time! I know you must hear this a million times a day, but I wanted you to hear it from me too. You have a rewarding kindness contest. I wish I could reward your kindness, but I will let myself be inspired by you. All the best!

Amanda Wallis

Dear Ellen, I watch your show everyday with my mom. I watched today and you said to write to you about a home Makeover. I couldn't find it on here so ill just write it to you in here. I am 25 years old, I recently moved back home to my parents. I am pregnant with identical twin girls due in January. My parents house is in need of serious work. Its a mobile home. And my father is the only one working, but we have to live paycheck to paycheck. So we are unable to make proper work done to our house. My father is a carpenter, so we get by. I could put more information but I'm not sure if this is where its supposed to go.
Thank you for listening, love The Wallis Family

Phyllis L. Rafferty

Start working at home with Google! Its by-far the best job Ive had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. Useful Reference http://Pow6.com
WORK LESS EARN MORE

Angie Heath

Dear Ellen
Thank you for your support for Breast Cancer awareness. I was diagnosed in April with Stage 2 breast Cancer. I have had a bilateral mastectomy and currently going thru chemo. Thank you for helping raise awareness in the fight against this terrible disease.

Natalie Chen

I love to watch your show. I try to be home at 4 pm on the week days. Love u ELLEN.......

Natalie Chen

Rosa A. Simmons

I just want to add my story. I get paid over $87 per hour working online with Google! I work two shifts 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening. And whats awesome is Im working from home so I get more time with my kids. Its by-far the best job I’ve had. I follow this great link http://Pow6.com

davidmcateer69yahoo.com

need some advice my life is falling apart right in front of me and don't know what to do.I could talk four hours but im not,all I do is give give and give to outhers.Ellen not looking for handouts or nothing like that.just someone to talk to your a lot like my mom howe just passed away a few years ago.the big pitcher is that ihave just gotten a devorce and on top of it lot my job and my littel gril Aemilya look up at me tday and asked me dad.i want to go on vacation with you dad she is 4years old and never gone on vacationwith her don't know what to do.............p.s.hope to hear from you soon keep up the good work david McAteer.

(Page 6 of 23) Newer3456789Older