about-this-page

I'm so happy you're checking out this page! I've been trying to live a kinder, more compassionate life, and I've learned a lot of things along the way. It's not hard to do -- you just need to know how! There is so much that you can do -- from helping to stop bullying in schools, to having compassion for all living things.

I've listed a lot of information here that I think will be helpful. There are books and movies that are important, plus videos of interviews with inspiring people, and links to organizations doing wonderful things for people and animals across the country. And there are easy, healthy recipes which prove that being vegan doesn't mean you can't have delicious meals!

I personally chose to go vegan because I educated myself on animal cruelty. Suddenly, I realized that what was on my plate were living things, with feelings. And I just couldn't disconnect myself from it any longer. I read books like "Diet for a New America" and saw documentaries like "Earthlings" and "Meet your Meat," and it became an easy choice for me.

If you want to learn more about why and how you can do the same, I hope you'll check out my new page: Going Vegan with Ellen.

Take a look at the various reasons I chose to live a kinder, compassionate life. If you choose to educate yourself, it'll be an easy choice for you, too!

Comments

(Page 1 of 23) 1234567Older
Donna Marton

Thank you for showing Miles' story today, but can you put a link to the youtube video? Seeing that child at the cemetery hugging his daddy's headstone, is what moved me to send you the link last week. Thank you, Ellen, for informing your viewers. ;-)

Allison Couture

Hello Ellen,

If you are looking for a wonderful story check out happysoulproject.com. World Down Syndrome day is fast approaching on march 21st and little Pip would be the perfect guest!!! Her story and heart warming smile will be sure to brighten your day and has touched countless people including myself. Thank you for being such an inspiration for celebrating the good and kind parts of this world :-)

Dorothy Winn

Why not George Takei for President and Elizabeth Warren for Vice President?

whisper schooling

I want sooo badly to be vegan..to feel healthier and not be harming animals..ellens my damn hero..her energy is amazing..like a bright white light..u can just see it emanating from those blue eyes..such an inspiration..and educating the world on veganism is ausome..I just wonder about our budget because we are low income..and also I worry if id succeed if my partner wasn't in agreement..anyways..thanks ellen for the info if I ever do go vegan! sincerely whisper p.s. and yes that's my real name..lol:)

Katie

Hi Ellen, My names Katie. I'm thirteen and I enjoy your show! Normal teenagers wouldn't watch a talk show, but once I get home I look forward to it! Your an amazing person! I really need help with my aunt. She lives in Rockmart Georgia with her husband. They have lived there for about 20 years. She's went through a lot and it breaks my heart. They are in need big time. She lost her job, broke her leg, and wrecked her car all in one year. She can't work and her husband is barely paying the bills with his income. They are losing there home & can't really afford a new home. They really need your help. Please Ellen see this! It would make me feel so much better if you could help them. Please email me, if you see this!

xoxo, katie

Lynda Ford

Dear Ellen,
I very rarely watch television, but I do make sure that I watch you. You are very entertaining and upbeat, I love the gift you have of bringing the human person out of the celebrities that grace your stage. It is refreshing. I have a BIG HUGE favor to ask you. I know this is only one in a trillion possibility, but there is a video that's gone viral it is of a young African american student, who is standing, obviously, after school and this cruel evil person walks up behind her and pulls her wig off, exposing her bald head. I'm unsure how she handles this moment because the video ends. I know from experience that what people find funny, like this video, can create the next Columbine situation. This young woman had to have been devastated by this exposure, then for it to go viral.....omg. Will her family understand the suicide? This too is possible. I've experienced this same type cruelty and still can't believe I'm still alive. I built a center for children, but lost it. My dream is to help the bullied child or even adult, because you never know the deprth of cruelty people experience that turn them into school shooters, movie shooters, brake cutters, etc....the liers and evil persons are always protected, while their victims are left simmering in pain and mass destruction of spirit. If you can find this video I'm speaking of, please see if you have the resources to locate her and do something for her that will lift her head and destroy her enemies. Thank you for reading this Ellen and I pray you become a bully victims friends.

marilyn vocke

I dont know how to do this but maybe someone can help,i have a dear friend whose husband is dying of cancer because they cant affor the treatment.Im probably not in the right spot but if one person could hear me and could tell me places that we could contact for help, he doesnt have long i know this may sound stupid but i know nothing about social media or how to go to the right place.I watch the show and just taking a chance. we have called cancer centers in our area and im so desperate.Thank you if anyone even read this.

Shania

Start working at home with Google! Just work for few hours and have more time with friends and family. I earn up to $500 per week. It's a great work at home opportunity. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. Linked here http://Pow6.com

Arlene Cassedy

Dear Ellen!
I love you, I love your Show and I love to Dance! I know how much your audience enjoys this part of their "Ellen" Experience too! But Ellen, when you have a guest that may need a ground level seat, they sit all by themselves. They do get a special Dance with you but it makes me sad. What makes me sad is to see the guest not surrounded with the friends they came with so they all can share their "Ellen" Experience together! Maybe some more seating at ground level would make a difference?

With friends in mind, my regards and love with a hug,
Arlene Cassedy
Yonderfarm at
Lodge, South Carolina

Marie

emil block

Hi ellen. My name is emily block. I watch your show all the time. I have a 9 month old and i am living with my mom. My father passed when i was 6 years old. My mother went into bankruptcy and any day now we could be homeless. My mother can not afford to take care of me and my son. I am asking for any kind of help. God bless.

Annie

roocase.com would love to send Ellen, her staff, and her audience our popular 360... Dual View Cases for iPad Air. We debuted the gadget accessory at CES 2014 to rave reviews, which comes in several colors. Please email annie@godirectinc.com Here's one of our roogirls with a video product demo - P.S. We have some staff members who are big fans of Ellen's! XOXO

Kristy

HI Ellen, I have been watching your show for years and absolutely love you! I don't know if you heard the story about the guy named Adam McCloud that was punched in a bar in Stillwater, Minnesota last summer, but he eventually passed away from his injuries. This Friday evening, yes Valentine's day, there is going to be an event held in his name to help raise money for organ donation. His sister, whom I don't know posted on Facebook that she was in need of volunteers. I called my husband at work and asked him if I or the three of us, we have a 7 yr old daughter, could do that for Valentine's day instead, he said sure, I guess if you want. The local band The Dweebs are playing, there will be valentine treats, a cash bar, and a silent auction etc. Tickets are $25 in advance for adult kids $5 ages5-12. You can also make cash donations on The Adam McCloud Foundation website. I personally don't know this family but I'm struggling with health issues my self, so I figure if I can help them then maybe someone will help me. I just want to get this foundation out there so people don't have such a long wait on the donation list. My husband donated a kidney to his brother and a family friend has received a kidney from someone. Adam helped 5 people!!! I knew this is short notice but just a shout out from you about the event might bring in some donations! I hope you can help. You help so many so I understand if you can't help me. That's how my like goes. I can't say I didn't try. Thank you, Kristy Heyer

patricia derobertis

I need your help I really do this not a joke please ellen i really need you to help with this problem,because all started with e-mails from you please please call me please call 484-679-1969.I'm not joking this is really a big big problem. THANK YOU PATRICIA DEROBERTIS.PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

Judy B. Smith

Ellen I agree with you completely there is no reason for anyone to treat any animal if they don't want an animal then give it to someone that will love and care for them.I love you show and you make so many people happy and thank god for people like you.I look forward to your show every day Thank you so much for caring

(Page 1 of 23) 1234567Older