Send in Your Vegan Tips and Recipes
Ellen always loves to hear about great tips for living a vegan lifestyle and then share them with her fans, so she wants to hear yours! If you have a great vegan tip, send it to us right here!

Comments

Scott Campbell

For more flavour and nutrition try using smoked paprika and seaweed as a garnish. Take regular dried seaweed, the sushi type is fine, microwave for 30 seconds to a minute, crush, mix with smoked paprika and use right away instead of salt. Good for seafood lovers who miss seafood! Also, never throw out organic citrus peels. Slice them into tiny cubes, dry and put them in your pepper mill. If you're lazy, just leave them on the counter 'til they're dry, break them up and cram them in the pepper mill. These garnishes really counter the bitter in brown rice and whole wheat!

Scott Campbell

Kale chips are easy, once you figure out that you should slice out the rib! The rib is too juicy and may take forever to dry and cause the leafy parts to burn. Eat it in salad or add to stews or curries instead. Slice the kale leaves (sans ribs) in 1-2 inch squares, toss with a small amount of olive oil, fine ground sea salt, and whatever spices you like and bake at 300 on a cookie sheet,toss and test for crispness, DON'T BURN! It's best to do your whole crop at once, you'll eat them too fast!

Julie

My favorite weekly vegan recipe is:

1tbsp veggie oil heated in pan
3 cloves of chopped garlic into hot oil
1tsp of hot chilli flakes into hot oil (more if you like spice)
And 1tsp of dill seed, more if you like
Sauté a couple of minutes one add 1 1/2 cups of veggie broth reduce a little bit.

While reducing cook quinoa in veggie broth
Add kale or spinach to reduced broth and cook till wilted

When quinoa is done pour kale mixture over it and add as much feta as you like with some dashes of hot sauce.

Yummy

Joann Walker

VEGAN TIPS
Iam celebrating 20 years of being Vegetarian this year, 2013. Thats right, meat free since 93! I still used dairy . eggs (only in recipes) and only had seafood a handful of times . But a few days before New Years this year, I was browsing through Netflix and saw that they had "Veducated" on there. It was life altering in the fact that I now want everything to see it. We all have free agency and can eat what we want but I urge everyone to at least know what is going on with animals and our food. As an animal lover I could not even watch some scenes but it is real and factual. I want to help spread the word. I am including the link in this letter. Thanks for listening.

www.getvegucated.com/

Megan

Read the book Animal Ingredients A-Z. It is a very helpful tool, especially if you are new to being vegan. You would be surprised how many ingredients contain animal by-products.

LisaK

Kale chips are my new favorite thing. When I perfect my recipe I'll post it. Thanks Sharon, I didn't know about some of those products.

Sharon

The following foods contain meat:
Barbecue Baked Lays chips, Parmesan cheese, worcestershire sause, Velveeta,
Minute Maid Juices, Smarties, Altoids & Guinness.
Have a great day!