Ellen loves responding to her viewers, so today she answered another batch of mail. She weighed in on everything from the iPad to "American Idol" -- and was surprised to find out what Mama does at "Idol"!

video: ellen responds

Comments

(Page 7 of 308) Newer45678910Older
Joe Turney

Hello Ellen,
I'm writing as you recently had country star Luke Bryan on your show. I'm posting to try to see if any of you may be able to help fulfill a dream for my 19 year old cousin Timothy who struggles with both Autism as well as Fragile X Syndrome. He is a huge country music fan and is going to see his favorite artist, Luke Bryan, in Pittsburgh, PA this summer. It would mean the world to both him as well as our whole family if anyone may be able to help make this happen. This young man deserves to have his wish come true more than anyone I know. Please notify me if anyone may be able to help out with fulfilling this request. Thank you so much in advance.

Lise Cassels

Have you ever had an episode where estranged family members where reunited? I have t seen my brother in over 20 years!

Lise Cassels
Stratford, Ontario
Canada

Benjamin Winter

Ellen,

My wife, children, and I watch your show everyday after I get home from school. I have been attending university for 6 years now and am in the second year of my PhD program. As you are probably aware, graduate students struggle financially even more that undergrads. I understand that graduate school is an option and I could have chosen to go into industry right away after by Bachelors, but my passion is to do research and to educate others. I am writing to express our financial need, because knowing other families' struggles of third year PhD students, it is only a matter of time before car payments, car repairs, rent increases, medical bills, etc. become too much for the low income we have. I often contemplate leaving graduate school to get a job outside of being a graduate teaching assistant, to support my family, but I would never be able to return to my PhD program, nor finish it without a lab and equipment. I mean I have applied to every scholarship/fellowship applicable to my situation and at most received honorable mentions (which is still very amazing in my mind). What are my options? I know you make miracles happen, and all I am asking for is a point in the right direction. This is so that my family and I don't have to struggle and can maybe spend more time together, knowing that my PhD won't drag us down and can actually be a happy thing for all of us.

Thank you very much for your consideration, Ellen!

Sincerely,
Ben

Shelby Jones

Dear Ellen,
I am writing to you about a sweet sweet little 4 month old baby that is in need of some help. His name is Landon Shaw, and Landon is currently battling a vary rare type of stage 4 brain cancer. Landon comes from a small town called Tarkio; Tarkio is a small community in Missouri. His family, friends, and community are doing what's called the Plunge for Landon. The idea is you plunge into cold water and challenge at least 3 people. You then say you will donate X amount of dollars for each who jumps within 24 HOURS! This plunge has gone viral through both social media, as well as through many surrounding communities. It has been an amazing turn out, however, the family is still in need of some assistance. Little Landon has gone through 4 surgeries, most of which the doctors considered Landon coding on the table. The parents of Landon have been through so much with their little man, and I think it would be amazing if you could help out this family; even if it means YOU take the plunge yourself! Please help give this family some hope, rest, and most of all stability. Landon Shaw is only 4 months old, no little one should have to go through what he's been through already. Please help Landon get on the speedy road to recovery and the parents of Landon a little less stress with medical bills. Any donations can be sent to Landon Shaw to Flower Mill 606 Main Street Tarkio Mo, 64491 and his paypal account is teamlandon102113@outlook.com.

Shelby Jones

Karen Schweiss

Hi Ellen,
My name is Karen and I am writing about my sister, Debbie. Where do I start other than she could really use some help. I am currently sitting in the surgery waiting room at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau, MO. She is having cancer removed from one of her kidneys. She has been in surgery since 7 am this morning. This surgery is just one of many, which I will not list. The problem is she is still paying on previous surgeries and dr. bills, along with medication bills every month. Then there are the car repairs along with everyday living expenses, and well you see where my concern comes from. Seems she will never get ahead of them, as a set back like this keeps happening. Debbie is a diabetic, which can be challenging in itself. Debbie does work, however does not get very many hours a week, so her income is very low. She has singed up for ACA, so maybe there is hope in her future to have medical coverage to help out with her many challenges.
My mother, bless her heart, has been her biggest cheerleader and has helped her financially all of these years. My mother is now retired, so her income is limited. I have helped her at times, however my financial help is limited as I have a family of my own.
I love watching your show, it is always fun to see how you support so many people in need. What a blessing you are to all of the people you help. It would be such a blessing for Debbie if you chose her.

thanks Ellen, we love you!

Pam Bowers

I wrote asking for help for a family friend whose wife died with Huntingtons disease .His daughter has been diagnosed and her 3 small children have a 50 percent chance of having the gene .The disease is a continuous deteriation of brain cells . The daughter and children must move from NC to FL to be with family .She has no means to purchase a house .There is no cure for this disease and very little is known .Thank you for your time . My family loves your show .If you consider this I will give you their names and contact information .

deja

dear ellen can you send a us some vip ticket to o2l to us please ellen help us we need money so and liamo to go to cailnaforan to the beach .....- love you ellen i want to come see you so much and my name is deja and i have a sister name is olivia and my mom and my dad name joey we love you show

Kristine armitage

Hi ellen.I love your show and i especially love the segment clumbsey thumbsey..so funny.i can so relate to the embarrassing and funny corrections it makes,but one interesting correction it made was when i sent a text to my daughter about beyonce.Do you know autocorrect put the accent mark(i forget what that little mark was called.i skipped that french class)over the E in her name.I said "wow"thats when you know you made it big.autocorrect knows beyonce.im curious to know if the phone will dance or laugh when i put in your name.lol

Irem

Dear Mrs. Ellen,
I am a student from Cologne,Germany.
'Cause I really like Emma Stone I openhanded started watching your show at youtube!
You're really amazing and I admire you for your helpfullness and especially sense of humour.
Now... I have a question and I really hope you can give me some advice:
When I am grown-up I want to be a journalist/copy editor/moderator ( I want to interview actors :) ) or write about things,which deeply move people.
....Furthermore, I just want to speak english ,so I am just reading english books,watching english movies,hearing english radio,watch a lot of do***entaries and try to speak as much as possible english.I even trying to write about my mission,to be a english-journalist.

I bought a lot of english magazines and tried to apply as a journalist ,but there was either no answer or a cancellation. Are you have a tip how I can get a consent?

I am looking forward to hearing from you . It would be marvelous if you would answer me!
Best wishes

Lewis

Hi Ellen, while I appreciate the sentiment of your stance against the seal hunt, I really think you should focus your energies elsewhere. Sure, seals get killed, but in a sustainable way, by a community that relies upon them. Why not lead the charge against the horrendous inequalities in the US? Or the monstrous factory farms? Or the continuous long term pollution done by oil companies? Or the exploitation of low paid foreign workers? Or the catastrophic levels of CO2 being pumped into our atmosphere? Or lack of heath care for the poor? Or the take-over of politics by the mega-rich? etc. etc. etc. Seals are hardly the priority here.

Lynn G. Brooks

Dear Ellen,
I am a big fan! I think your brilliant. I am sure you do not understand the damage you and others are doing to the Unuit people of Canada. Your contention that the seal hunt is barbaric is quiote patently rediculous. The Europeans while wolfing down their veal and foi gras banned the import of seal products which are the life line of many Inuit . Thank goodness the Chinese are begining to import these products. Domesctic animals have for the most part terrible lives before they become our food, clothing shoes ect. The seal lives free and as nauture intended until a small number of them are hunted. If left unchecked seals destroy fish stocks and are the main predator of Penguins and other marine life. Only adult seals are hunted now . There has not been a white coat hunt for decades and the Inuit never hunted baby seals. Please educate your self. Lynn Brooks Yellowknife NWT Canada

Ira T. Lindsey

Dear Ellen, Recently I came to you begging, for help to save my home from foreclosure. I am so happy to report, That will not be necessary. To which I Thank God....Sorry if my situation caught you up short, I do not know if you would or would not come to my aide...But I am so happy to say.....It will not be necessary...God Bless You....While he continue, Blessing you Bless others.....! I am and will continue to be you greatest fan...You make me smile,each time you grace my TV........Respectfully Ira T.. Lindsey

anita petrevski

Hi, Ellen my name is Anita Petrevski I watch you everyday faithfully i love you so much. You are such a funny person and your show always cheers me up. I wish I could come to your show one day it would be a dream come true. I am from Columbus, Ohio. If i could afford it i would love to meet you but I am in bad shape due to congress cutting the unemployment benefits maybe you can help by talking to the president or anyone who will listen. PLEASE............HELP..............LOVE YOU ELLEN...........ANITA

antony

Hi ellen
my wife is always watchihg your shows not once but number of times, I can give you an example when I was sleeping, suddently I woke up at midnight 2'O clock she is watching your shows in youtube (she knows she has to get ready for the work at 6'O clock but its not the first time almost she does everyday. But I have promised her atleast once in our life time we will get a chance to meet ellen.
so herewith I making a request give a chance to my wife to meet you once before we leave this world (give a chance not today, next mont, next year, after 5 years or 10 years) but we would like to meet you anytime.
Thanks
hope to meet you
antony
London

Meghan Anderson

Hi Ellen,
Just wanted to tell you how that I love you show, I'm sure you hear that all the time. I didn't know how else to contact you but I was wondering if you could help me out. I was adopted by a very loving family almost 30 years ago. Less than a month ago I received a letter from a South Korean agency and attached inside was a letter from my birth mother. Never in my life did I ever think that she would look for me. Two weeks ago I received 2 more letters via email, there was one from my biological brother and birth mom. I found out from my brother that he is the one that searched for me. I know that this is a crazy request but could you help me reunite with them? They live thousands of miles away and with the language barrier, we would need to hire a translator. I have been dreaming of this my whole life but never thought this would ever happen. I can't wait for the day to hug both of them again. I would love for my family and my parents to fly over there to meet them. I want my birth family to meet my parents to see what special loving people they are and to see how well they have raised me. Thank you so much if you read this.

Meghan