Ellen loves responding to her viewers, so today she answered another batch of mail. She weighed in on everything from the iPad to "American Idol" -- and was surprised to find out what Mama does at "Idol"!

video: ellen responds

Comments

(Page 6 of 308) Newer3456789Older
Virginia Foss

At the end of your show today I noticed it said "if you know of anyone who needs a car let us know".
My son, Chuck Foss,who is now 48, who injured when he was 15 years old by getting shot through the neck. He is paralyzed from the neck down and cannot breathe on his own. He was in the hospital over a year and a few months after getting shot he had phrenic pacers implanted that allow him to breathe without being on a ventilator. He has breathed with these pacers for 31 years. Being very determined, he finished high school, attended college and learned programming. He moved to southern Maine before age 20 to try and find a job since we live in a very small town and those options were not here. Of course he needs a personal care attendant and help with personal care.
Today he does not receive disability benefits even though he could.. He has been employed at UNUM, a large insurance company in Portland, ME as a programmer for over 20 years.. He goes to work every day. He is married and had his own home built. He does not want to stay home and not be productive. He is very inspirational and has been a mentor to several spinal cord injured people.
Chuck needs a van with wheelchair accessibility and some modifications. The van he has now is quite old and he has had to have repairs made on it too often. They are very costly. He needs the van to get back and forth to work. If anyone deserves a new vehicle, he does.
IF you have any further questions you can call me at 2079437764 or email me at ginilee@roadrunner.com
His phone number is 2072826509.
Thanks for any consideration.

Jamie Macready

I have spent my life just getting by. I recently got an amazing job in Oct 2013 being an editor of an online magazine, over the last few months I got attached to an amazing campaigne that helps so many children with cancer to be "normal" for a bit... Recently the cancer socitey has pulled back funding to do more research, which i respect, but to those kids who want fun and normal ness, I email you... For nothing more than a plug for the KOA Care Camps... I'm attaching a link to the video and my Gofundmeme.com page..please watch!

Aubree Jones

My Aunt Kimberly White is OBSESSED with the Ellen show. She has even made videos for all the contests! During a recent pregnancy doctors discovered she had a massive tumor growing in her stomach. Tragically, she lost a healthy baby boy due to the growth. The doctors said it was benign and they would go in and remove it and everything would be fine. They removed the tumor completely only to realize they were wrong and it was malignant cancer. Within a week the cancer had spread through her entire body. Doctors diagnosed her with a one in a million type of cancer and have only given her a few years to live, if that. She is only 25 years old and will be leaving behind her husband and 2-year-old daughter.

If she had the opportunity to be on the Ellen show or even just talk to Ellen I know it would give her family some happiness during this awful time. I would love to give her some hope.

Please help!! Thank you.

Raelene Olson

Hi Ellen,
The only dream I have these days is to just see my Grandparents happy. My grandpa is 86 and my Grandma is 80. The thing about making them happy is...I would love to see the two of them teach you how to do something they both and you also love to do, which is dance. The two have been married for 64 years and have been dancing together for 65. The can jitterbug, line dance, waltz, and many more, but the one they're best at is the Polka. As a tuba player, they have always asked me to play a polka, and this last weekend I was able to play a polka with my college band and even talked my director into inviting them up to dance. This one moment...I can't even put words into express, but I know that if you were to meet the duo and Polka with them...that you wouldn't be disappointed and that you would forever be charmed and probably love them, because they're real characters! I know there are probably hundreds of other letters of people who really need your help or have really big dreams, but I would just really love to be able to see my grandparents dance with you before they pass on...here's a video from my concert so you can see, if they had floor wax and a better floor they would have moved a bit faster.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m13icx9xhA8
Sincerely,
Raelene Olson

bob  mccann

Ellen

I am just taking this time to let you know my wife is a fan of your show but today (4/14) I had to listen in because at the end of the show you had a guest who is a three times cancer survivor now. The reason I had to listen is because my wife is currently dealing with brain cancer ( for 6 months now) and every story I hear of someone surviving that disease, the more hope I get that she will beat this as well. I know it is not easy but alot of people do not even know what it feels like because they have never had it and it is one disease I would not wish for on my worst enamy. Ever since my wife was first diagnosed with this, she started to feel left out, appolagized to me for marrying me and saying she is sorry for adopting our son from Russia 15 years ago. I know what kind of medical bills come with cancer but there is nothing anyone can do about it except live each day as it comes. I am praying that if that day comes to her where she also beat this cancer, I would celebrate and take her to Disney even though medical bills will be mounting up. If you have any other shows about people who also beat cancer and it will be on television, can you let me know so I can have my wife watch it and raise her hopes up to live and not give in?
Thank you for your time reading this and hope to hear back from you as well!
Bob McCann
8 Brookwood Drive
Freehold NJ 07728
rdm1118@comcast.net
732-462-8483

Alyssa

Ellen! Lets talk about your dance moves, I wish I had all the rhythm that you do. I cant even dance in the car, I look like a bobblehead. Merry Christmas!

Kloee Larson

Hi Ellen!
My name is Kloee Larson and I am a 17 year old girl form Minnesota. I am turning 18 on SEPTEMBER 24th of this year (2014). First of all I want to tell you that you are amazing and that I am pretty much obsessed with you, your show, and the fact that you make peoples dreams come true! <3
I Have this dream and I figured it was worth a shot to ask you if it is possible to make my 18th birthday the best birthday ever.
My dream is to one day meet One Direction. I especially want to meet Niall because he is my favorite. I also am a dancer and I want to meet Austin Mahone because he is an amazing artist and because I have always wanted to dance with him or possibly become one of his back up dancers haha. I go to a school called SPCPA in Saint Paul Minnesota. SPCPA stands for Saint Paul Conservatory of Performing Artists, where we study dance (that's my main study), music, acting, singing, and musical theater. If you make my dream come true it would be so amazing and would also help my parents out.
Thanks Ellen!
Don't let anyone Dull your SPARKLE!!!!
Love a small town Minnesota ballet/Hip hop dancing horseback rider,
Kloee Larson

Cindy

Hello Ellen,
My name is Cindy Barajas and I am 17 years old. I have a best friend who lives in Ohio, Hayley Benedum, who suffers through depression and has trouble accepting herself because of her weight and appearance, she has complained and said many times. She has prom on May 17th and is having trouble finding her prom dress. She blames her weight on why she cannot find a prom dress. It pains me to text her from California while she is beating herself down way at Ohio. I wish I can go to her house and just hug her so I can let her know I'm here and I'll be here supporting you every step of the way, but I sadly can't because of distance. It would mean the world to me if you can help her find a perfect dress that will make her feel like she is the most beautiful princess in the world when she steps into it. I would absolutely love it and I know it would make her feel much much better, if it was a surprise. Please Ellen. Thank you.

jocelyne barba

Heyy my name is jocelyne I am like a big fan if miley Cyrus I love her to death me and my sister Blanca Hernandez are like crazy fans if I ever met her it would be the best day of my life will I hope you read this I love your show I flow u on twitter instagram facebook lol will thanks ellen I love how you say be kind to one of another bye ellen love youu ♥

Claudia Mendivil

Hi Ellen, well i know that you are a very busy woman but i would like to write to you because last year i was the provider for my family but I lost my job. I been without work for a while because I found out I had Gallbladder stones so I decided to take care of that. So on April 2, 2014 I had surgery to remove my Gallbladder so I been trying to take it easy but that same same day but at night my partner kid had accident and I been helping her out with the rest of our kids which she has 4 in total. the oldest is the one that is in the hospitalin ICU. He suffer a really bad hit to the head and the doctors had to put him in coma. when I lost my job, I also lost our car because i didn't have money to pay it. Now we are having trouble getting to the hospital to see him while his mother stays at the hospital with him. She's the greatest mom I ever known plus she tries to still be there for the rest of our kids but is really hard. I was wondering if you can surprise her with some help. Her Name is Therese Garcia we live in Tucson, Az. she loves her family and loves animals just like you Ellen. Ellen she loves your show but lately she doesn't have time to watch your show since she at the hospital with her oldest. i would really like if you spend the time to really look into it and be our hero, Ellen. she also has a child with diabetes and we have to keep a close eye on him too because of his diabetes part of his kidney are working. Ellen please help us. Just in Case you would like to give us a call you can call us at 520-304-9019 this is her number Therese Garcia and my is 520-272-8892. our address is 1800 w oakway dr. Tucson Az 85746. please Ellen be our hero.

Courtnei

Dear Ellen,

My name is Courtnei Parker-Morgan and I am a 17 year old girl from Baltimore MD. On Feb 1, 2014, my mother suffered from a massive stoke and I was the one who found her lying on the floor. From that moment on, my life changed forever. My mother was in the hospital for about a month and then was transferred to a rehab center to learn how to walk and talk again. Once released from the rehab center, we moved in with my great-grandparents. Living with my great-grandmothers was very hectic and I became very depressed because seeing a strong woman like my mother be so helpless really took a toll on me and I kept thinking only if I had found her earlier, things wouldn't have been so bad. Not only was I depressed but becoming very stressed because I had got accepted into my dream school, Delaware State University, but we could not afford it because of my mother being sick. Also, right before my mother was sick, I underwent two surgeries on my breast removing two lumps because my doctors thought they could be tumors. Everything started to become very overwhelming and I thought it was best I go see a therapist to help me get through this tough time in my life. My mother is recovering and I'm happy again, but I don't have any money for college. I've seen you help lots of people and I was wondering if you could help me.

Hope you get a chance to read my letter,
Courtnei

Courtnei

Dear Ellen,

Hope you receive my letter,
Courtnei

Julia

Dear Ellen,

My niece, Rosie has Williams Syndrome and we are promoting an awareness event on May 17th at Forest Hills HS, West Palm Beach, Florida and would like you to sponsor her or better yet, join us at our event and be our spokesperson for Williams Syndrome.

Williams Syndrome is a genetic disorder caused by the micro-deletion of Chromosome 7 after birth, affects approximately 1 in 10,000 and can decimate families physically, emotionally and most of all financially. Williams syndrome is characterized by a wide range of medical complications where some can be fatal. Medical can be a multiple diagnosis of Autism, Epilepsy, Scheuermanns Disease, Scoliosis, Asthma, Eye and Ear diseases and more. WS children and adults have extensive dental complications that last throughout their lifetime. Please visit the WSCLF at wschanginglives.org.

I hope you get a chance to read my letter. Julia :-)

vitorian

hey ellen ,

imma huge fan ! (gay pride) but i was wondering did you get my letter ? i really need help .... i see you be helping alot of people and keeping people happy and.....things like that , imma 16 year old rapper and singer i been trying to get my music out there but it seems like i cant because im in foster care and they dont help you on things like this...i already got 10 whole song written ! 6 raps song to ! i kinda think im an awesome singer and singer and so does the people who heard me....i have some on youtube but..lol funny thing..i forgot what was my name on youtube sooo thats no help....!

#WaitingMail

Jessica Lokhammer

I am writing to see if you can help a women who I work with. She lost her husband and raised their two kids alone. Her daughter just got engaged. She had a flash mob proposal at Central Park on April 6,2014. Her mom ( who is work with) is a wonderful person and works very hard. She raised two beautiful children and would love to see her get the help she deserves for her daughters wedding!

(Page 6 of 308) Newer3456789Older