Ellen loves responding to her viewers, so today she answered another batch of mail. She weighed in on everything from the iPad to "American Idol" -- and was surprised to find out what Mama does at "Idol"!

video: ellen responds

Comments

(Page 5 of 308) Newer2345678Older
Lindsey K.

Our Dearest Ellen!! Help us save a 105 year old property from being bought out and demolished! We are not asking for funds, we would like someone with an amazing moral compass such as yourself explain to people to the masses the importance preservation! We moved to Iowa 1 1/2 years ago after we both got out of the Marine Corps stationed in southern California. We fell in love with this property shorty after! Now it's game time! Our goal is to make a community farm, right smack dab in the middle of the booming cities we live in! It is a 4 acre property with over 100 year old home and barn. We plan to have all organic gardening, animals, the barn would be converted into an organic juice bar and much of the open grassy areas will be for local organic farmers and hand crafters to have a place to sell their goods to support their families! There is also a large out building where my husband and I will continue to restore old cars and repurpose all the furniture we save from going to the dump. Beyond that all of the gardening and events would be family oriented to teach families and children to be a little more self sustainable, to learn the effects of taking care of things, bringing the morals back to a community and giving a lot back to the community in the process! The price of the property is out there, but they are also hoping some commercial big shot will just buy it out at a commercial price instead of being sold as a family home! We hope to fix that! This is the one and only property left of this kind without having to go out into the country. The educational programs and depth of knowledge we hope to bring to a community, while bringing a community together is our main goal! As of now we are about to start crowd funding and doing events within the community to raise the money! We just wanted to reach out to you because of the love that you share with us and the world everyday is so amazing, we want to have that same impact right here in our community. So to end this, I just want to thank you for giving people like us someone to look up to, and knowing that you like us want nothing more than to give back! Keep doing what you do Ellen! No one does it better!
Sincerely with all our love,
Hugs from Quad Cities, Iowa
Lindsey K. and Family

Donna

Dear Ellen,
Thank you for making my day!.. I lost my home and inhertance (land) to the bank. Moved my family 700 miles away from everyone we do for a job. Moved my family and her animals from a abusive relationship. Only to discover she had cancer which caused her to have a hysterectomy and lose her ovaries but she will survive she has about 14000 in medical bills. Unfortunately, she cant work because now she is having seizures (working seizures not epileptic) and I support her for the most part. All the while I work and my husband works we are trying to buy our home however due to the above nobody will help us with a loan. Ive spent the income tax money I do have on windows and a new door and now we need to paint our home inside and out and other things needed. Do you know any organizations that can help my friend with her outstanding bills she has been through so much and is still going through so much I know if I could find help she would feel better about her life in general?

Tony Simone

Hi Ellen! I am not sure if this is how I contact you (I think it is), but I was wondering if you could ask someone to be on your show (If that is how it works--I don't Know). I am a big Dr. Who fan. In case you don't know what Dr. Who is, it is a British television show that started in 1963 and is still on today. I thought that it would be kind of cool if the 10th doctor (David Tennant) came on your amazing show! Please respond! I would love it if he was on The Ellen DeGeneres Show! Thank you!

--Tony Simone
age 11
Fort Lupton, Colorado

Rita Blankenship

Dear Ellen, I don't normally go to this extent. I hate asking anyone for help but I'm desperate. My husband and I are raising two of our Grandchildren and it has been a struggle. They were taken from their parents when the youngest was born. Due to having drugs in my daughters system. These beautiful little girl's have had a hard life so far. Were in three or four foster homes before they came to us. They both suffer from abandonment issues. We are doing the best we can to raise them but it has been very difficult since I can't work because of COPD and other heath issues and my husbands jobs are few and far in between. Last month our only car broke down and this month our electric was cut off. We have a generator to run lights, fridge and a fan. I'm coming to you because I don't know who else to turn to except God. I know and I believe God can do all things. If you can do nothing more than pray for me and my family then please at least do that. I'm sure you have a lot of people asking for help under false pretenses but I assure you, I am not one of them. Thank you for listening to my story!!! May God bless you and be with you always!!!

Rita Blankenship

amanda kneipp

My grandma does a lot for my family and wants to retire but can't. She deserves some money to retire can do you think you can bring her on the show and show her how much my family cares about her. Her name is louise boucher. Her address is 93 maple ave, middletown. Ri 02842

Heather

I am writing you in hopes you will get this cause you are such an inspiration to people. I have a friend who's brother was involved in a bad car accident a few days ago and he was badly injured. He has 3 little boys and a wife that love him dearly and want him to get better. He is a great guy and would do anything for anybody he recently was featured in our local news paper for helping an ambulance during a snowstorm get a patient that was suffering from a heart attack get to the hospital after they spun out of control. I know if you could just mention the Irwin and mcdow family on your show and give them some words of encouragement they would greatly appreciate it and I would to. He is fighting hard but doctors say he has a long road ahead of him. He suffered a head injury and was basically cut in half when he was thrown off his bike. They need all the prayers they can get and I know yours would mean so much to them. Thanks again for listening.

Jeff

Dear Ellen,

I just wanted to say that I think Andy's super shy assistant, Jacqueline, is really cute. If you would, just tell her for me, she has a secret admirer. That would make my day!

I can relate to her shyness/nervousness since I never did like to be put on the spot, especially in tense situations like she was put in on today's (4/23/14) episode. I thought it was funny when you asked her if she had any jokes to tell & she took a long pause before answering. You told her to think about it for a few minutes & you'll check back. When you did, she came up with the joke...Why did the picture go to jail? Answer: Because it was framed. Complete genius!

Dorothy Johnson

Ellen you are awesome I'm so hook on your show when I get off work at 3:00pm I can't do nothing but go home and watch your show which come on 4:00pm milwaukee time. You know that I will not stay at work to help out even if attendance is bad that day or everyday of the week I tell a lie and say I made plans and can't stay and I'm sure my job knows it a lie. Ellen you are so funny to me that when you do little funny plays on your show I can't help but to laugh,and when you do the signs,and tell jokes what I do is write them down on notepad and try the jokes at work and all I get is yeah right you got them off the internet I always talk about you all the time. What funny is I'm 60 yrs young and will be 61 in May. There is only three shows I will watch Ellen, the price is right when I can and wheel of fortune the rest is crap in my book! Dorothy Johnson do a shout out to me I will hear it- thank you

JANICE VARGAS

Good Evening, I am a 25 year old married woman with children from previous relationship that went bad. I had all of my children at a very young age starting when i was 18. I felt as if i was forced to have my tubes tied since i was so young and already had 3 children. After many years of abuse from my previous relationship i left and moved in with my mother until i met someone and remarried. Now being that i and my husband are still young he now wants a child of his own. I am in the process of paying for a tubal reversal through a 24 month pre payment service offered through a doctor in kentucky but the cost of surgery is 9000 and i have only paid off 2100 dollars though a medical spending account i have through the hospital i work at. I realize this may be along shot being though there is not much assistance out there for tubal reversal surgery but i was hoping that maybe you could possibly help or knew of someone or a program that could help in speeding up this process for me and my family. It is something that our family has been wanting for a long time now. I appreciate your time.

Autumn l Arms

I am writing to you in hopes that you read your comments I have two sons seven years apart both inherited what we call tangle teeth I am a single mom on disability currently on the verge of homelessness because my landlord is selling my house and I have sec 8 but they do not raise the payment standard to level that the rents have been raised so even with the extra help it is frightening I currently have a you caring account open for us and we generously got enough money to pay deposits from friends and family and community members this is not why I write.....we have experienced much loss both our senior animals a cat and now my dog has died also not why I am writing just a background why I am so raw ...back to my sons and their teeth as you can imagine we have no orthodontist care and when my 20 year old was a child there was no grants however my 12 yr old we found and were picked for a grant for braces and its wonderful...as a mother truly heartbreaking my oldest has sever shyness and extreme low self esteem tow attempts to kill himself in his life 14 and again at 18 he no longer lives with me because sec 8 wont let an adult child move back in with you ...and he has lost his job he already faces a challenge with his shyness in interviewing but he wont smile ...I do not have the money and it is absolutely heartbreaking to not be able to help one child but yes to another ....even in his life we had less he always seemed to get the short end so I have seen you help many and I am asking pleading begging and praying that you may be able to help us find a sponsor my youngest has tangled teeth and he is seeing Jennifer crow a wonderful orthodontist his were estimated at 5800.00 I am paying 30 a month comes to 700.00 of it I could do the same if someone or some corporation could help with a grant please ....If you investigate me you will find my story legitimate and I am a student activist , an animal activist and environmental I help all that I can with anything I can ,protesting, my two hands , tiny bits of money ....please can you help me help him .
sincerely Autumn Arms

Angela

Hi Ellen,
I'm an eleven year old girl, and I've always wanted to be on your show. I started watching your show last year, and now I watch it every day. I made up a song on the guitar, and I really want to play it on your show. I also want to play one of your games. I got straight a's three times this year, so maybe I can play games where we answer questions. PLEASE LET ME BE ON YOUR SHOW.

cynthia johnson

Dear Ellen.

My daughter is graduating on may 17th 2014. I'm a sigle parent who has raise two boys already now my daughter and granddaughter. All of them are 7 years apart. Iam in a finacial situation. I can't afford alot i'm just skimming by. Alycia which is my daughter has been in avid ever since she was in jr high. Which is a class that prepares you for college. She was accepted into Uno in omaha nebraska. She wanted to go to Boston but I could not afford it. Right now she is happy going to uno cause she will be able to be in the dorms with her best friend. But the thing is I can't afford all of this. She has filled out all these scholarships. And so far she only got 300.00 from her elementary school. She told me today that she does not want to have a graduation party. Because she knows mom can't afford it. She also told me that she doesn't even have a car. I told her I couldn't afford that either. I'm so sorry. Alycia was diagnosed with ADD, anxiety, and depression. I knew there was something wrong because she is always in her room. She does not associate with a lot of people not even her family. She wanted to try out for american idol which she did but they shut her down because they asked her have you ever sang in front of a large audience she said no but you sing really good but you don't have the confidence. My dream for my daughter is to get her a car, help her get everything she needs for college, a makeover, and a graduation party with one direction she really likes Harry. She needs to get some confidence.

Virginia Lindsey

Hi Ellen,
My name is Virginia Lindsey, I am a 60 year old single lady from Charlotte, North Carolina. i am a college student at university of Phoenix in Charlotte, N. C. I am writing to you is that i am going through a very hard finance hardship. In 2001 i had a heart transplant, after that i had total hip replacement on both hips, then surgery on both shoulders. After all of my health problems i began to go to college to better myself. Now that i am about to gradurate from college on July 19th 2014, Social Security has cut off my benefits due to overpayment from working a small part time job. They are taking my intire check to get there money back. I am sending you this as a cry for help with my bills and to help with my graduration gears i need to gradurate. Would you please help me with my finances so i can achieve my goal. My phone number is (980)298-2239. email address is virginialindsey@att.net address is 4756 Old Lantern Way Charlotte, North Carolina 28212.
Thank you Ellen.
Virginia Lindsey.
May God Bless you.

Steve zemko

WE WERE JUST WONDERING IF YOU WERE GOING TO GET CLIENT EASTWOOD AND FRANKIE VALLI ON YOUR SHOW, WHEN THE JERSEY BOY'S MOVIE GETS READY TO HIT.

Steve zemko

HI ELLEN. MY WIFE AND I WATCH YOUR SHOW ALL THE TIME. AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU AND THE PEOPLE WATCHING YOU, WOULD LIKE TO SEE A GOOD MAGICIAN. CAUSE I HAVE A FRIEND JASON HUDY WHO PERFORMS OUT STANDING MAGIC. HE HAS BEEN ON CRAIG FERGUSON ONECE OR TWICE. AND UP TO A WEEK AGO WAS PERFORMING SHOWS TO RAISE MONEY FOR ABUSED CHILDREN. YOU MIGHT ASK, HOW GOOD IS JASON. WELL LETS JUST SAY, HE IS THE ONLY GUY THAT COULD SPLIT A WOMEN IN HALF WHILE SHE LAYS IN A SEE THROUGH GLASS CASE. BELEIVE ME YOU WILL LOVE HIM. YOU COULD CHECK HIM OUT ON LINE AT JASON HUDY MAGIC. COM WELL TAKE CARE AND HAPPY EASTER. STEVE PS I'M ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER.

(Page 5 of 308) Newer2345678Older