Ellen loves responding to her viewers, so today she answered another batch of mail. She weighed in on everything from the iPad to "American Idol" -- and was surprised to find out what Mama does at "Idol"!

video: ellen responds

Comments

(Page 3 of 308) Newer1234567Older
Paula Rudnik

Hi Ellen!
Before I forget - I am a huge fan ;)
Today I would like to tell you about my issue that I have with our kitty Blizzard. Blizzy is 2 years old, was found as a stray right after she gave birth, came to a shelter where my best friend Samantha adopted her and rescued her from misery. With very little money Samm took care of the baby and day by day she got better and better. Now the little one needed a big surgery and we are confronted with a bill that we cannot pay:( Facing college tuition bills the 500 $ that the vet wants for the surgery, medication and more physical exams is so much that we just dont know what to do. We know you love animals and have a big heart. We watch your show every day and know that you help people out sometimes. Blizzard does not deserve to suffer and Samm is afraid she has to give her away since she is not able to cover her expenses...This is not fair:(
We love you soooo much and even if you decide to not donate - that wont change :)
Samm and Paula

this is a picture of Blizzard after the surgery - isnt she a cutie <3

Mandy Starr

Hi Ellen
My name is Mandy I live in Australia and I groom dogs for a living, I just won't to say I love you show and I watch it when I can. I hope that one day my sister and I can save and come on over to your show. You rock :)

Jean

Dear Ellen,
My Husband David had been laid off for five years. Then he finally got a job was working for six weeks then David got sick after we celebrated or 27 years of marriage in 2013. David died in November of 2013. I had seen Adam the cashier the one he did for Michaels. I though I would never experience laughter again my heart filled with such pain. But I laughed and I played it over and over again it made me feel good. Thank god for my children Amber and David don't know what I would have done with out them! I work in the health care field as a nurses aide. So it is just my children Amber 24 and David 22 and myself with a house that needs some repairs. So we are managing I am doing the best I can. But the gift of laughter is the very best gift that you can ever give somebody! The other is to be there when they need somebody to talk to a hug to let them know you care. Everyday I watch you and you do such wonderful things for people. You are special a gift and angel you do so much for people in need. God bless you. Hope you get this and maybe one day I will get there to see your show.

Marguerite

I love Ellen and the happiness that she brings to so many people. I am a little envious at times. I will be 76 in July 18, 2014 and I am tired. Just wish I could get away on a dream trip. That is selfish as so many people in need of necessities. Love Las Veges but doubt that I will ever see it again. Good luck with all your shows and my love to you and Porch.

Kelly Ward

I have posted this to your other contact site I am just hoping this message finds you. BTW I do not want any recognition for this request The family doesn't need to know where it is coming from they just need to know that people want to help and are thinking about and praying for them. If you are interested in helping please contact me and I will try to give you any and all information that I can. Thank you

Dear Ellen, I write to you with a very heavy heart, asking and begging for your help. There is a little girl named Lily, she has been recently diagnosed with a very rare and inoperable tumor in her brain stem Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). This is prone to children btwn ages 5-7. There is no cure for this related to its location and the outcome is very poor, after diagnosed the child usually passes within 2 years. I have never met this little girl but I know her father Brian through a local pub, Daveys Irish Pub in Montvale, NJ, where he works. He's a really great guy and Ive heard his wife is just as great. Lily also has 3 other siblings. From what I know she loves telling jokes, having fun, all animals, etc. There are donations sites and fund raisers being held but it's just not enough. They are doing everything that they can but as you know todays healthcare system is not up to par and their medical, everyday and eventually college bills are going to be enormous. Ellen I know you cant produce miracles but what you and your partnering companies do for people is the next best thing. I know your heart is bigger than most and I hoping you will want to help. I just ask that you can do something, anything to help this family it would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately she doesnt have much time on this beautiful earth. In bwtn treatments, she and her family need to enjoy every minute of every day while they can. Thank you https://www.facebook.com/lilylarueanderson

Kelly Ward

Linda Sudanowicz

I am writing your show because I was not allowed to board the Norwegian Dawn on May 9, 2014 out of Boston to Bermuda. As a result of grossly lack of essential information by my Personal Cruise Consultant Mr. Greg Crawford. I have never been on a cruise. I'm on a budget. I saved up from Sept 2013, for 8 months to go on a well deserved relaxed vacation to only be told i was not able to aboard the ship because you don't have a valid passport or Birth Certificate. I asked Cruise consultant about a passport, he told me directly i didn't need it. On the voyage information when i did get it, it states, "A Valid Passport is Strongly recommended". says nothing about a Birth Certificate, but in fact either or is imperative. FYI: I am under a doctor's care for the loss of my son Jimmy he had Jarcho-Levin Syndrome from birth and had a kidney transplant when he was 16 years old, He passed when he was 20 years old. Was told to stay on the pier because my luggage would be taken off. I waited hours, it never was taken off, it went to Bermuda without me. All my medication was in my luggage. To say the least I was told no refund, no chance of another date to go and i told them i would stay on the ship when in bermuda they said no i can't go. I was devastated. All because of the lack of communication on the Cruise consultant. I'm trying to fight this but it's not easy. I realized your very busy i just want to say thank you for reading this email and hopefully a respecctful reply will be delivered soon. Linda.

Becky Espey

a miricle hug from a strangers 3 year old saved my life and gave me a second chance at life, according to my doctor. Would love to tell you what this is all about but I cant find an address. My phone number is 515 240 0276.

Celestino Jaime Oliveira

Dear Ellen,
I really like how happy your show is. I like the intro to your shows, they are fun and enthusiastic! I am writing you because I have published a few books, and would like to get the word out about them. I write Poetry, it comes relativly easy for me. I would like to be known for that since they are really good. I feel people are missing out on them. I figured this would be a cool way to get the word out! If you have sometime feel free to send me a message. Thanks Celelstino

robin mcgraw

Hello Ellen. I always enter and never seem to be able to win anything. I am not sure if I am doing it right and if your even getting my entries. I am not real good on the computer but please let me know if my entries are going thru! Your shows are awesome and your such a sweet person. Looking forward to hearing from YOU Ellen!

sarah

Hello, my name is sarah. I am fifteen years young. I know you are very busy, but it would mean a lot if you continued reading.
I have been bullied a lot verbally, psyically, and cyber bullied. I started facing self image issues. I then devoloped cutting, anorexia, bulumia, and i had major depression, and anxiety. Bullying, took a big part in my life. you, and demi lovato, jb saved me.
here are some facts A lot of people don’t seem to realize how bad bullying is, and how bad it affects people emotionally, and physically. People start developing self-image issues. Due to bullying self-harm, depression, anxiety, anorexia, bulimia, etc. has been a major increase. Teens have been skipping school, due to fear, because of bullying. Most teens are scared to confront, and tell an adult about it. Bullying, over years instead of getting better, it is becoming worse. Over 2,000 people commit suicide each day, and half is due to bullying. It really saddens me, that kids have to take suicide in consideration. please, take action. To me, and to many other kids, there is nothing important then this in the world.

sarah

I have been bullied a lot verbally, psyically, and cyber bullied. I started facing self image issues. I then devoloped cutting, anorexia, bulumia, and i had major depression, and anxiety. Bullying, took a big part in my life. My story matches with my idol demi lovatos. what she went through, and how strong she has become as a strong women, really helps me. Ellen, you and demi are my lifesavers. Ihave had many suicide attempts in the past, and you both have been there indirectly.

RUTH DUNLOP

Hello Ellen:) I have tried several times to email you a video of my grandson Colby,who is 19 months old,'singing' a One Republic song.but my computer doesn't agree with me.Not sure what 'langage' he is singing in but he has the melody down pat! I dare you to keep a straight face when he hits those high notes,haha.He has 5 older brothers and sisters to 'learn' from.You can find the video on Youtube under Ruth Dunlop.That is his big sister he is sitting with,enjoy it:) LOVE you and your show so much:)

Marguerite

I love your show, You make me laugh and cry. Love how happy you make people. Love that you love animals as I do. I had pneumonia and seem to be so depressed of late. Cry a lot. Ready for a belly laugh. Would love to visit your show and meet your wife Porch. I will be 76 years young July. Boy what a birthday present that would be. I have two cats. One Sassy, 14 yrs old and then little Twinkles 11 years. I love them and worry that they will out live me. They are so spoiled. Don't think Sassy would live through my demize. Twinkles, she would be so lonesome an probably not eat for awhile as she is my baby but, eventually would come around. Hope the two will never be separated. Now that would really do them in. Stay the way you are Ellen, You make people so happy. Love and Hugs there in CA.

Robyn

Good Day Ellen, Hopefully I'm blessed and that you will this family, they do not know I have been writing all over the world to get some help for there little daughter. Please see blow - we are in South Africa God Bless You!!!

My name is Reani Badenhorst and on 12 June 2013 I had my 1st birthday. I was born with genetic and metabolic disorders causing different kinds of problems. At birth my mom had heart failure and had to be resuscitated. I was left without oxygen for 20 minutes. My 1st days of life were spent in the neonatal ICU. Even though I was without oxygen and black when doctor took me out, Jesus loved me so much he saved me so that Mommy, Daddy and sissy Charné can just hold me and love me. Mommy immediately realized something isn't quite right. After many doctor's consultations, I was admitted to hospital at the age of 6 weeks.
Tests were done and I was diagnosed with the same stomach and lung problem sissy has then determined to be genetic.
My problems however is more than just my stomach and lungs as my little body don't digest and break down proteins and now I must have imported medical formula feeds plus medications to help me feel better and keep pain, cramps and other symptoms controlled.
I saw doctor many times until November and was in and out of hospital many times and until 30 April 2013 I was in hospital for a stretch of 18 weeks being the longest stay I had to go through.

Since I've been transferred home to be cared for in my own home hospital room with 4 registered nursing staff, I've been admitted back to hospital 4 times but doctor now treats me only at home as the hospital ward is more dangerous for me having a concentration of different viruses and bacteria's in the hospital ward.

I've been to theatre 6 times already since January 2013 for different procedures and in ICU for a while after having my major stomach operation at the age of 8 months.

What's the name of my condition?

There are different problems and not only 1 condition.

THAT is what's making life SO difficult. The question is rather, what is wrong with my little body?

1. I'm Asymptomatic which means that I react and show symptoms, conditions and reactions to conditions differently than the average healthy person. It makes treatment very hard because I look perfectly beautiful and normal from outside, but the test results tells a different story.

2. My body over produce stomach acids spiking through the Nissen operation and burning the bottom part of my esophagus. Dr's thinking that I could have the Zollinger-Ellison syndrome as the symptoms/markers for this syndrome are present but can't be 100% confirmed by the Professors at present as I'm already being well treated for the acid production which prevents the display of potential peptic ulcers caused by this syndrome . This syndrome can't be cured but the symptoms must and can be very well controlled to prevent potential peptic ulcers in the small intestine from forming and/or bleeding should this indeed be the syndrome present. Without the right medications, regular checkups and strict controls, such ulcers can over time form and can even become cancerous but for now this is not happening as I'm receiving medication to control the stomach acid levels.

3. My body doesn't break down or digest proteins; therefore I can only be fed with a special medical formula with limited amino acids.

4. I also have a condition called Food Aversion. I have no problem to stay without feeds for hours on end and you'll hear neither complaints nor any crying from me for something to eat or drink. That's why I need to be fed through a mickey stomach tube. I'm connected to the feeding pump for a total of 14 hours in a 24 hour period. During this time I only stay in my cot as this is where my feeding pump is set up so I'm in a routine to know now that this is then also time to sleep. This feeding pump uses a feeding bag and line that's used to drip my feeds into my stomach. Eventually I must be rehabilitated for me to learn that food and eating is critical for survival and growth, but this is a very long road lying ahead and will not be something that will be natural for me to do as my brain is not registering that my little body needs feeding.

5. At the age of 8 months I had my stomach operation. I was in ICU with an epidural for a while because the operation is extremely painful, but I'm a little fighter and the operation was a success.

6. I also have chronic Esophagitis of the Esophagus. This means the Esophagus is chronically inflamed and the over production of acid damages the Esophagus regardless of the stomach operation. This is an indication of how strong and how much acid are produced by the stomach. This is painful and makes me feel sick of the acid burning me inside, similar to heartburn or indigestion.

7. In addition to all of these problems and a list of allergies, my body also fights and rejects the biofilm material covering my stomach tube. This causes the stomach to become inflamed quickly and also easily attracts organisms to breed and cause infections quite easily. I receive maintenance antibiotics weekly. The mickey stomach tube must be replaced with a clean one about once a week. This is to prevent the biofilm from becoming a breeding ground for micro organisms. Granulation tissue forming under the operation scar and around the stoma opening is burned with a caustic pencil to stop growth and prevent scarring.

8. The osmotic diarrhea happens mainly after feed loading but needs to be monitored in quantity and frequency to ensure the volume of my feeds and the volume of nappies are balanced to ensure I don't lose weight. A balance that took several months' to reach as such imbalance could easily cause me to lose 400gr weight overnight. My stools are abnormal and are mainly watery or slimy. My large and small intestines are directly responsible for this problem.

9. My body does not absorb or digest the nutrients from my feeds so I get supplements for the nutrients I need ranging from multi vitamins, pre-biotics to iron.

10. My tolerance level for pain is extremely high. It doesn't bother me if doctor injects me 4 times with an intravenous drip needle in 1 foot as long as I can sit and watch what doctor is doing. I don't cry or pull away at all. I easily keep my hand on a boiling hot kettle without pulling away and hitting my head against a wall or sharp edges makes no difference to me.

11. I'm prone to infections and get these quite quickly even though I'm alone at home with my 24 hour nursing staff taking very good care of me. Although most of the infections we can treat and manage at home, I've been back in hospital four times again since I was moved over to be home nursed on 30 April 2013.

Included in the 4 readmissions was another theatre procedure where I was severely anemic as I bled internally for 5 weeks with bloody stools daily as I bled from inside my stomach. Drs had to wait until I was strong enough and infection free as I had more than 20 infections in a 7 week period and wouldn't have been strong enough to handle anesthetics.

But on 19 September 2013 I went to theatre and my torn stomach fixed to stop the bleeding. For many months I've completely stopped growing, this meant no length, no brain or organ growth either. All the supplements and huge volumes of continuous 24 nasal gastric tube feeds day and night finally got me to start growing again.

Despite all these problems that have been keeping me in hospital for so long, I'm still a very friendly little girl and I love to play. I'm very curious and like to investigate everything. I have a very strong will of my own but I am content with everything around me.

I accept everything that's happening and that is done to me. I'm just very bored and frustrated being between 4 walls every day and even though mommy tries her best to provide me with what I need and to help me, the days are very long being connected to a feeding tube 14 hours a day.

Mommy and Daddy waited anxiously for doctor to say I'm medically stable which happened on 30 April 2013 when I was moved over to my own home hospital room where I'm currently being cared for, monitored and nursed.

The monthly expenses for my special needs i.e. medical formula feeds, feeding bags, feeding lines, full time 24 hour nurses, rehabilitation, a few therapists and continuous follow up visits to doctor plus all the medications are really expensive and although the medical aid has covered the hospitalization and until mid July 2013 assisted 100% with the nursing care, all other medical needs, feeds etc. are for mommy and daddy to provide me with.

From 23 July, a portion of the nursing costs are now also for mommy and daddy to pay so that I can receive the care I need.

Without lots of help my mommy and daddy will never be able to take care of me. All of these things I need to be able to live and have a chance at a quality life. If there's anyone willing to help me, I have my own account and also my own registered charity fund, the Reani Badenhorst Charity Fund.

I also have my own facebook page ‘Reani Badenhorst Ondersteuning' where Mommy tries to give regular updates of how my progress is and what I'm going through and there is a few photos of me.

Please like my page if you would like to hear how I'm doing. Above ALL…please PRAY for me!

(Page 3 of 308) Newer1234567Older