Ellen loves responding to her viewers, so today she answered another batch of mail. She weighed in on everything from the iPad to "American Idol" -- and was surprised to find out what Mama does at "Idol"!

video: ellen responds

Comments

(Page 3 of 308) Newer1234567Older
Lori

Dear Ellen, I see the joy you bring to so many people your spirit is truly a gift. I have never asked for anything except that my two children experience a joyous childhood. My plan worked for the most part I am a single mom of two 17&6. The 17 year old for the past 3 years however has struggled with an addiction to marijuana and consequently mental health issues. This has put a tremendous strain on our finances no longer as happy as we could be, we live with my parents under a constant strain of financial disaster and all the stress that mental health issues and drug addiction comes along with it. My son will be going to a long term rehab centre for 6 months and I would be eternally grateful if you know of way I could ease my families troubles and allow us to get back to normal. I have tried to be strong and support my son through his struggles while maintaining a normal childhood for my daughter. I am looking for peace from chaos of my current family situation (living with my parents) and the debt that has been incurred with a person who struggles with addiction. Thank you, I am sure there are more deserving people, I'm just hoping that there may be enough to go around. Thank you and god bless to all who have struggles or not.

Sincerely,

Lori

David Goldblum

Hello, Ms. DeGeneres. Our names are Norrrisher Pinamang, Tajanae Crawford and Joselyn Arroyo and we attend Pathways Academy of Technology and Design in East Hartford, CT. We've had a very humble beginnings, we were once located in an old super market building next to the Board of Education Services for the Blind. We have recently moved into a 30 million dollar building IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR! Everyone doubted us but we did it! The junior class has been fundraising and working towards raising money for everyone in our class to attend a week long trip to Disney World,or universal Orlando Florida with all expenses paid for our upcoming senior year which happens to be next year . We are trying to get our class excited for this trip, but it seems like they just wont budge. Ellen, we need you! Our junior class isn't as excited as we want them to be about these events. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP US . PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO US IF YOU COULD HELP WE LOVE YOU WITH ALL OF OUR HEARTS MRS. DeGeneres

Wamsley

Hello Ellen. My Mom watches your show daily and it really makes her day and uplifts her in so many ways. She and my Dad could really use your help! I put them in a finanical bind and at their age this money amount they should not have to worry about. They will go without things for themselves in order for my girlfriend, our two babies (Gianna & Ahston) and myself they we can have money that we need, or necessities (diapters, formula, clothes). I can never pay them what I owe them but could you help me out by helping them? In addition to the above, my Mom is still recovering from a broken back she suffered a year ago. She fell down our attic stairs (13 of them) and also broke her elbow. Right before that my Dad lost his job of 34 years. They haven't had a new car since 2005, 2001. They paid for my car insurance although I do not live at home (21) and it's quite expensive here in NH (over $1,000 per year). My Mom hasn't bought new clothes for at least 14 years. Ellen can you help them? I put them in debt for $15,000. This would help. They are also paying collections bills for myself and themselfs over this. Anyways. They say that for every door that closed God will see that another opens. Take care, love to you and your family, a faithful viewer & God Bless. Aaron
P.S. my Mom's name is: Nadine & our # 603-842-5230(unlisted/unpublished) 7 Wallace Drive, Dover, NH. Also she never asks for anything, could you give her something special for Mother's Day maybe?

krystal

dear ellen,i know you make peoples wishes come true or help out people in need iam writing you bec i want to make my bf's wish come true he is a tow truck driver 37 years old and his dream job is to be one of those kinds of people who goes all around the world pretty much and pick up things and deliver them i dont know the name of what its called,but he need s a trailor and i found one bec he wants a 40 for size and this is the only one i could find cheap its 13,390.2014 KAUFMAN GOOSENECK TRAILERS DECKOVER,EQUIPMENT TRAILER,FLATBED TRAILER,GOOSENECK TRAILER,HEAVY EQUIPMENT,TRAILER,WOOD FLOOR TRAILER in LEXINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA.http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2014-KAUFMAN... u make his dreams come true bef he gets to old to work.

DONNA CYRUS

DEAR ELLEN,

I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO TURN SO I AM ASKING FOR YOUR HELP. A FEW YEARS AGO MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH WHERE UNEMPLOYED AT THE SAME TIME WHICH PUT A GREAT DEAL OF STRESS ON MY MARRIAGE AND ALSO FINACES. WE EXHAUSETED OUR SAVINGS AND ENDED UP WITH CREDIT CARD DEBIT. I HAVE 2 SONS IN PRIVATE SCHOOL WITH BOTH KIDS GRADUATING THIS YEAR, MY HUSBAND AND I SACRIFICED ALOT TO KEEP THEM IN THE PRIVATE SCHOOL. MY SON IS GOING TO COLLEGE THIS AND HIS DREAM IS TO GO TO DREW UNIVERSITY BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE BEEN DENIED STUDENT LOANS DUE TO BAD CREDIT. WE HAVE PUT ON LIVES ON HOLD SUCH AS VACATION AND HOME REPAIRS FOR OUR CHILDREN. ALL IM ASKING IS FOR MY SON TO BE ABLE TO GO TO COLLEGE. WATCHING YOUR SHOW BRINGS ME TEARS, HOPE, HAPPINESS AND THE STRENGTH TO GO ON BECAUSE YOU TRULY ARE AN INSPIRATION!! DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN DO BUT IM AT THE END OF MY ROPE NOW.

David Boyd

Dear Ellen,
I'm embarrassed to be writing this, and I feel I must apologize for the Church of St. Andrew in Newtown Pa. My children went to that school, and I personally know and like the administration. With that said, I am appalled that they cast you in a negative light in this very outrageous incident involving the graduation invitations. I am a teacher at a small, private school in Bucks County and I would like to reverse the negative impact of this ridiculous set of cir***stances. As it turns out, my school has it's graduation on May 30th at the Sheraton Oxford Valley in Bucks County Pa, and I would love it if you would be my personal guest (and if you chose to speak to our students, that's OK too!) for the event. Pomp and Cir***stances starts at 11am. I'll save you a seat!
Our school is a positive, non traditional alternative to alternative schools, and we teach respect and caring above all else. Our students thrive in our smaller environment, and they learn life lessons of tolerance and equality in real world situations. So, as a representative of the New Hope Academy I am extending a friendly hand to you, with great respect and admiration, in hopes that you might consider visiting our graduating seniors, and just say hi. Your smile and uplifting personality would be a gift to anyone who meets you, and I personally, would be thrilled beyond belief.
I know you have a busy schedule, and at this late notice, you may not even get to read this until well after the fact, but as a true fan and a fellow entertainer with the same human rights ... I sure hope you can find time to visit our outstanding young people who will be all the better for meeting you.

Peace, blessings, and many thanks for years of smiles,
Sincerely yours,
David Boyd
(proud parent, humble teacher, embarrassed ex-parishioner)
My number is 215-284-1328 if you ever get a second to talk!

Paula Rudnik

Hi Ellen!
Before I forget - I am a huge fan ;)
Today I would like to tell you about my issue that I have with our kitty Blizzard. Blizzy is 2 years old, was found as a stray right after she gave birth, came to a shelter where my best friend Samantha adopted her and rescued her from misery. With very little money Samm took care of the baby and day by day she got better and better. Now the little one needed a big surgery and we are confronted with a bill that we cannot pay:( Facing college tuition bills the 500 $ that the vet wants for the surgery, medication and more physical exams is so much that we just dont know what to do. We know you love animals and have a big heart. We watch your show every day and know that you help people out sometimes. Blizzard does not deserve to suffer and Samm is afraid she has to give her away since she is not able to cover her expenses...This is not fair:(
We love you soooo much and even if you decide to not donate - that wont change :)
Samm and Paula

this is a picture of Blizzard after the surgery - isnt she a cutie <3

Mandy Starr

Hi Ellen
My name is Mandy I live in Australia and I groom dogs for a living, I just won't to say I love you show and I watch it when I can. I hope that one day my sister and I can save and come on over to your show. You rock :)

Jean

Dear Ellen,
My Husband David had been laid off for five years. Then he finally got a job was working for six weeks then David got sick after we celebrated or 27 years of marriage in 2013. David died in November of 2013. I had seen Adam the cashier the one he did for Michaels. I though I would never experience laughter again my heart filled with such pain. But I laughed and I played it over and over again it made me feel good. Thank god for my children Amber and David don't know what I would have done with out them! I work in the health care field as a nurses aide. So it is just my children Amber 24 and David 22 and myself with a house that needs some repairs. So we are managing I am doing the best I can. But the gift of laughter is the very best gift that you can ever give somebody! The other is to be there when they need somebody to talk to a hug to let them know you care. Everyday I watch you and you do such wonderful things for people. You are special a gift and angel you do so much for people in need. God bless you. Hope you get this and maybe one day I will get there to see your show.

Marguerite

I love Ellen and the happiness that she brings to so many people. I am a little envious at times. I will be 76 in July 18, 2014 and I am tired. Just wish I could get away on a dream trip. That is selfish as so many people in need of necessities. Love Las Veges but doubt that I will ever see it again. Good luck with all your shows and my love to you and Porch.

Kelly Ward

I have posted this to your other contact site I am just hoping this message finds you. BTW I do not want any recognition for this request The family doesn't need to know where it is coming from they just need to know that people want to help and are thinking about and praying for them. If you are interested in helping please contact me and I will try to give you any and all information that I can. Thank you

Dear Ellen, I write to you with a very heavy heart, asking and begging for your help. There is a little girl named Lily, she has been recently diagnosed with a very rare and inoperable tumor in her brain stem Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). This is prone to children btwn ages 5-7. There is no cure for this related to its location and the outcome is very poor, after diagnosed the child usually passes within 2 years. I have never met this little girl but I know her father Brian through a local pub, Daveys Irish Pub in Montvale, NJ, where he works. He's a really great guy and Ive heard his wife is just as great. Lily also has 3 other siblings. From what I know she loves telling jokes, having fun, all animals, etc. There are donations sites and fund raisers being held but it's just not enough. They are doing everything that they can but as you know todays healthcare system is not up to par and their medical, everyday and eventually college bills are going to be enormous. Ellen I know you cant produce miracles but what you and your partnering companies do for people is the next best thing. I know your heart is bigger than most and I hoping you will want to help. I just ask that you can do something, anything to help this family it would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately she doesnt have much time on this beautiful earth. In bwtn treatments, she and her family need to enjoy every minute of every day while they can. Thank you https://www.facebook.com/lilylarueanderson

Kelly Ward

Linda Sudanowicz

I am writing your show because I was not allowed to board the Norwegian Dawn on May 9, 2014 out of Boston to Bermuda. As a result of grossly lack of essential information by my Personal Cruise Consultant Mr. Greg Crawford. I have never been on a cruise. I'm on a budget. I saved up from Sept 2013, for 8 months to go on a well deserved relaxed vacation to only be told i was not able to aboard the ship because you don't have a valid passport or Birth Certificate. I asked Cruise consultant about a passport, he told me directly i didn't need it. On the voyage information when i did get it, it states, "A Valid Passport is Strongly recommended". says nothing about a Birth Certificate, but in fact either or is imperative. FYI: I am under a doctor's care for the loss of my son Jimmy he had Jarcho-Levin Syndrome from birth and had a kidney transplant when he was 16 years old, He passed when he was 20 years old. Was told to stay on the pier because my luggage would be taken off. I waited hours, it never was taken off, it went to Bermuda without me. All my medication was in my luggage. To say the least I was told no refund, no chance of another date to go and i told them i would stay on the ship when in bermuda they said no i can't go. I was devastated. All because of the lack of communication on the Cruise consultant. I'm trying to fight this but it's not easy. I realized your very busy i just want to say thank you for reading this email and hopefully a respecctful reply will be delivered soon. Linda.

Becky Espey

a miricle hug from a strangers 3 year old saved my life and gave me a second chance at life, according to my doctor. Would love to tell you what this is all about but I cant find an address. My phone number is 515 240 0276.

Celestino Jaime Oliveira

Dear Ellen,
I really like how happy your show is. I like the intro to your shows, they are fun and enthusiastic! I am writing you because I have published a few books, and would like to get the word out about them. I write Poetry, it comes relativly easy for me. I would like to be known for that since they are really good. I feel people are missing out on them. I figured this would be a cool way to get the word out! If you have sometime feel free to send me a message. Thanks Celelstino

(Page 3 of 308) Newer1234567Older