Ellen loves responding to her viewers, so today she answered another batch of mail. She weighed in on everything from the iPad to "American Idol" -- and was surprised to find out what Mama does at "Idol"!

video: ellen responds

Comments

(Page 1 of 308) 1234567Older
Amanda Netti
1 day ago

Dear Ellen,

I love you! You are really such an amazing person. I have been a fan of yours for sooo long. I love your comedy hours, your sitcom, your books, and your show of course. I watch you all the time and you are the best to watch when anyone is experiencing difficult situations in life. Whenever I am upset about something, I know that as soon as I watch you, you will help me forget about whatever it is that is making me upset. Besides that you are probably the funniest person, you are such a loving and giving person. It seems to make you so happy to make others happy and that is definitely what makes me love you so much. I will never stop watching your great show and please keep writing! My goal is to come to California one day and come to your show. In the meantime, come visit us New Yorkers!

Love,
Amanda

Cindy  Holshouser
1 day ago

Ellen, Im hoping that you can help a co-worker of mine.We work at Goodwill Industries in Duluth. She has a Husband that is disabled, and three small kids. One of her kids is autistic and has seizures. My co-workers name is Laura. She bought a used car and was paying payments every month. Things kept going wrong with it. The last time she brought it in to the shop, she couldn't afford to pay for it. She told the mechanic to call the place that she got her car(van) at, to just come and reposess it. I just want to cry when I think about her. I would be so greatful if could help her and her Family.

Salwin anand

Hi Ellen last year I wrote to you requesting if you could give me a chance to share my journey of hope with the world as I was then writing a book. I finally completed imy book and did self publishing 20 days ago .My book is called Caught in a storm my journey of hope by Salwin Anand. I would appreciate if you could please help me share this journey of hope with the world. It was my dad's last wish that I wrote a inspirational book. My book is also available on amazon , Barnes &noble google books balboa press. It is available as soft cover book Ebook kobo book and also can be downloaded on desktop eReader tablet iOS Android blackberry Windows and google play. I hope if possible Ellen you will be able to help me share this journey of hope in fulfilling my dad's last wish . God bless and looking forward to hearing from you.

Shazi

Ellen Today(21st of July) is my BIRTHDAY can u plz tell Jared Leto to call and say happy Birthday ? that would make my 17th Birthday so awesome ,thanks <3 waiting

Davey Huffman

How can I find out if the Tim McGraw concert tickets on 8/9 at The Woodlands, Tx have been awarded?
Ellen, love you show and great sense of humor.
Be kind to one another-what a great way to live. If everyone did that what a wonderful world this would be.
Have a great summer. Looking forward to Season 12!!!

logan reed

Dear ellen i wish my mom sister could see pink she has done so much for me and i want her dream to come true if that could be a dream that could come true this is what it would be im 13 born logan renee reed my sis name crystal doty 32

Helen Cortez

Wanted to share this awesome show I discovered on tru hd channel 246 on direct tv, called the carbonero effect. I hope you find him just as amazing as I did so you will have him on your show to share with everyone else. Enjoy!
con mucho carino! Helen

Zoe smith

I love justin bibber can you arrange him to come to my house and surprise me I'm also his biggest friend

Kevin Donaldson

Hello Ellen,
First time commenter, that could concentrate on the negative in my life but would love to instead share the positive. I grew up in a one parent home during times of not having friends, belittled by my teachers, but have always remained positive of a better life and outcome. I have gone thru highs and lows, but a smile is constantly there cause my mother always showed me love. She is an amazing woman who as always been at my side. She sacrificed a lot for me. After being laid off from two jobs going back to school and not having enough money to finish my course, she has been there. I love her so and if anything you want to shout back at please let it be her. She has been thru alot but I am sure being able to be there to see your show would make her a very happy woman and I want to be able to see that before she passes on.
Again this is not about me this is about her. I love her dearly and do not want her to pass before letting her know how much i care about her.

Sincerely

Kevin

Samantha

Hey Ellen my name is Samantha me and my husband apartment burned down a month or so back and our son Eli was born six weeks early so we are having a beef and beer Clayton in New Jersey to help us pay our bills my husband also the same day of the fire the same building caught fire was his job n are apartment building unfortunately we are having difficulty selling the tickets to our beef and beer Because everyone is on vacation this time of year to put my last hundred and $50 towards this event because you have to purchase a liquor license and now I can't even get anyone to come you can email me at Sko4693@aol.com you could face book me at Samantha Hutton I was wondering if u could make a donation or if you knew anyone that could make a donation

Jennifer Romeo

Hey Ellen! My name is Jennifer Romeo and I live in Brooklyn. I am a big fan of yours and I'm inspired by your life.You are very funny and I love to watch you dance lol. Let me get to my purpose of writing this letter. I got accepted to UCONN for Fall 2014. Things are not looking good for me financially. My parents are not able to contribute money to my education. My father just had a stroke, and therefore can't work. My mother is a CNA who only works three times a week . Her pay is low. They are having a difficult time supporting my brothers and me. Ever since my dad had the stroke, everything has gone down the drain. Trying to pay the light, water, cable, and gas bills, taking care of four kids, and trying to survive has been exhausting. Imagine me going away ! Things are going to be much harder for them. Although I will be applying for a job on campus, my pay will not be enough. In addition, I still have to pay $27,000 for my tuition. I really want to go to UCONN and graduate in four years with a bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science. I would like to become a neurosurgeon. I played basketball in highschool and also want to play for UCONN - which has the number 1 team right now. I really love basketball. I plan on applying for scholarships if I make the team, but it's not guaranteed . Ellen, can you please lend me a hand ? I really need as much support as i can get. I guarantee you, I will graduate college. I won't fail you, my parents, nor me. God will truly bless you.

Sincerely,
Your fan/future Doctor

Doris

Hello Ellen,

I'm emailing you to request someone on your show. Tyler Oakley, YouTube celebrity. Tyler recently won an award for his dedication and input with the Trevor project, a charity that speaks for and helps LGBT youth overcome hardship. Tyler also post videos weekly on YouTube and reminds each and everyone of his viewers that no matter their race, sexuality, or anything that makes them " different" in this society of ours that they are loved and to keep their head up high. He deserves to be on your show, next to the oscar winning actors and Grammy winning artists.

P.S if you actually decide to have him on your show, he loves flower crowns ... New Ellen merchandise.. Ellen flower crowns

Cierra Rippy

Hello Ellen, your such an amazing person with a big heart. Every time I'm down or going through some stuff i turn on my tv and give your show a look and instantly I'm relieved. I watch your show to become inspirated but what I get from you isn't just another person who takes people smile, I get love from you. Your like the mother I never had, I love everything about you & without you I wouldn't be the person I am today because trust me I fought to become her. Do you realize how much you changed peoples lives, your a blessing to this earth Ellen & I love that. But in conclusion I really want to make it to one of your shows, but with my budget I don't think I could. So I will stay tuned online. And ms.ellen I am a huge drake fan, I know everything about drake from when he first started on degrassi to now his tour with lil Wayne . I know I would never met him but maybe with you I could , you and drake are such amazing people I don't know what I could do to repay you with the smiles you put on my face. Thank you so much & stay humble my love.

Margo Buti

I have tried repeatedly to send you a video of my first attempt to use a smartphone to take a selfie. But your website keeps crashing. Wish I could share my embarrassing moment. Love your show. Try never to miss it.

William Walker

June 28, 2014

Hello,

We are the Walker family. I am William and my fiance is Deandra (she loves your show but doesn't get much time to watch it with being a stay at home mom) and our daughter Isabella. We have been together for about five years now. Both me and my fiance were full time workers before our daughter was born. We rent a three bedroom house and have two cars that are paid for (1993 Nissan Altima and a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am). I am a certified welder and very good at what I do.
Our daughter was born Feb. 23, 2012 with a Heart condition called transposition of the great vessels. She has had two open heart surgeries and a pace maker installed in Birmingham, AL. and we live in Mobile, AL. Her condition cannot be fixed but can be altered and she will probably require a few more open heart surgeries within her life time as she grows. We have to travel to Birmingham yearly for her pace maker check up and she will probably have another surgery within the next few years for a battery replacement for her pace maker. The time has come again for us to travel to Birmingham and our best operating vehicle has broke down with a major electrical problem and security problem that has shut down the car and our second vehicle can't be trusted to drive out of the city. I have recently lost my job at Horizon Shipbuilding in Bayou La Batre, AL. (about one month ago now) and I was the sole income for my family and we have been left without means to travel to take our daughter to her out of town doctors visits that cannot be performed in the city because there are no doctors that perform pace maker work or heart surgeries within the city of Mobile or any closer than Birmingham. Also we have no way to pay our bills untill I find new employment, and I have been trying really hard. The only income that we have now at this time is our daughter's disibility check and food stamps.
Also one other thing I would like to tell you about is that in year 2009 I was shot in the face and amazingly recovered at USA Hospital in Mobile, AL. I still have the bullet lodged in my head in front of my ear and should be collecting disibility but choose to work as long as my body allows me to so that I can provide for my family. When this happened though, I managed to rack up close to fifty thousand dollars in hospital bills due to not having medical insurance and still owe it. My fiance has about fifteen thousand dollars in student loans that need to be paid off. These items are sitting on our credit amongst other things and are preventing us from being approved for a loan to buy a home.
As a loving family and parents, we would like to be married but can't afford it. I would like to start my own welding business to build iron gates for businesses and homes.
Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated. We are a private family though, so if you do decide to post this on your show please mark out all names and contact information. Our daughter's local doctor and cardiologist is Dr. David Mayor and can be reached at 251-434-9177. We can be reached at 251-447-6300 and 251-447-7952 or email deandrabuckner@gmail.com or walkerkenny188@gmail.com. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,