Ellen loves responding to her viewers, so today she answered another batch of mail. She weighed in on everything from the iPad to "American Idol" -- and was surprised to find out what Mama does at "Idol"!

video: ellen responds

Comments

(Page 1 of 303) 1234567Older
bob  mccann
1 day ago

Ellen

I am just taking this time to let you know my wife is a fan of your show but today (4/14) I had to listen in because at the end of the show you had a guest who is a three times cancer survivor now. The reason I had to listen is because my wife is currently dealing with brain cancer ( for 6 months now) and every story I hear of someone surviving that disease, the more hope I get that she will beat this as well. I know it is not easy but alot of people do not even know what it feels like because they have never had it and it is one disease I would not wish for on my worst enamy. Ever since my wife was first diagnosed with this, she started to feel left out, appolagized to me for marrying me and saying she is sorry for adopting our son from Russia 15 years ago. I know what kind of medical bills come with cancer but there is nothing anyone can do about it except live each day as it comes. I am praying that if that day comes to her where she also beat this cancer, I would celebrate and take her to Disney even though medical bills will be mounting up. If you have any other shows about people who also beat cancer and it will be on television, can you let me know so I can have my wife watch it and raise her hopes up to live and not give in?
Thank you for your time reading this and hope to hear back from you as well!
Bob McCann
8 Brookwood Drive
Freehold NJ 07728
rdm1118@comcast.net
732-462-8483

Alyssa

Ellen! Lets talk about your dance moves, I wish I had all the rhythm that you do. I cant even dance in the car, I look like a bobblehead. Merry Christmas!

Kloee Larson

Hi Ellen!
My name is Kloee Larson and I am a 17 year old girl form Minnesota. I am turning 18 on SEPTEMBER 24th of this year (2014). First of all I want to tell you that you are amazing and that I am pretty much obsessed with you, your show, and the fact that you make peoples dreams come true! <3
I Have this dream and I figured it was worth a shot to ask you if it is possible to make my 18th birthday the best birthday ever.
My dream is to one day meet One Direction. I especially want to meet Niall because he is my favorite. I also am a dancer and I want to meet Austin Mahone because he is an amazing artist and because I have always wanted to dance with him or possibly become one of his back up dancers haha. I go to a school called SPCPA in Saint Paul Minnesota. SPCPA stands for Saint Paul Conservatory of Performing Artists, where we study dance (that's my main study), music, acting, singing, and musical theater. If you make my dream come true it would be so amazing and would also help my parents out.
Thanks Ellen!
Don't let anyone Dull your SPARKLE!!!!
Love a small town Minnesota ballet/Hip hop dancing horseback rider,
Kloee Larson

Cindy

Hello Ellen,
My name is Cindy Barajas and I am 17 years old. I have a best friend who lives in Ohio, Hayley Benedum, who suffers through depression and has trouble accepting herself because of her weight and appearance, she has complained and said many times. She has prom on May 17th and is having trouble finding her prom dress. She blames her weight on why she cannot find a prom dress. It pains me to text her from California while she is beating herself down way at Ohio. I wish I can go to her house and just hug her so I can let her know I'm here and I'll be here supporting you every step of the way, but I sadly can't because of distance. It would mean the world to me if you can help her find a perfect dress that will make her feel like she is the most beautiful princess in the world when she steps into it. I would absolutely love it and I know it would make her feel much much better, if it was a surprise. Please Ellen. Thank you.

jocelyne barba

Heyy my name is jocelyne I am like a big fan if miley Cyrus I love her to death me and my sister Blanca Hernandez are like crazy fans if I ever met her it would be the best day of my life will I hope you read this I love your show I flow u on twitter instagram facebook lol will thanks ellen I love how you say be kind to one of another bye ellen love youu ♥

Claudia Mendivil

Hi Ellen, well i know that you are a very busy woman but i would like to write to you because last year i was the provider for my family but I lost my job. I been without work for a while because I found out I had Gallbladder stones so I decided to take care of that. So on April 2, 2014 I had surgery to remove my Gallbladder so I been trying to take it easy but that same same day but at night my partner kid had accident and I been helping her out with the rest of our kids which she has 4 in total. the oldest is the one that is in the hospitalin ICU. He suffer a really bad hit to the head and the doctors had to put him in coma. when I lost my job, I also lost our car because i didn't have money to pay it. Now we are having trouble getting to the hospital to see him while his mother stays at the hospital with him. She's the greatest mom I ever known plus she tries to still be there for the rest of our kids but is really hard. I was wondering if you can surprise her with some help. Her Name is Therese Garcia we live in Tucson, Az. she loves her family and loves animals just like you Ellen. Ellen she loves your show but lately she doesn't have time to watch your show since she at the hospital with her oldest. i would really like if you spend the time to really look into it and be our hero, Ellen. she also has a child with diabetes and we have to keep a close eye on him too because of his diabetes part of his kidney are working. Ellen please help us. Just in Case you would like to give us a call you can call us at 520-304-9019 this is her number Therese Garcia and my is 520-272-8892. our address is 1800 w oakway dr. Tucson Az 85746. please Ellen be our hero.

Courtnei

Dear Ellen,

My name is Courtnei Parker-Morgan and I am a 17 year old girl from Baltimore MD. On Feb 1, 2014, my mother suffered from a massive stoke and I was the one who found her lying on the floor. From that moment on, my life changed forever. My mother was in the hospital for about a month and then was transferred to a rehab center to learn how to walk and talk again. Once released from the rehab center, we moved in with my great-grandparents. Living with my great-grandmothers was very hectic and I became very depressed because seeing a strong woman like my mother be so helpless really took a toll on me and I kept thinking only if I had found her earlier, things wouldn't have been so bad. Not only was I depressed but becoming very stressed because I had got accepted into my dream school, Delaware State University, but we could not afford it because of my mother being sick. Also, right before my mother was sick, I underwent two surgeries on my breast removing two lumps because my doctors thought they could be tumors. Everything started to become very overwhelming and I thought it was best I go see a therapist to help me get through this tough time in my life. My mother is recovering and I'm happy again, but I don't have any money for college. I've seen you help lots of people and I was wondering if you could help me.

Hope you get a chance to read my letter,
Courtnei

Courtnei

Dear Ellen,

Hope you receive my letter,
Courtnei

Julia

Dear Ellen,

My niece, Rosie has Williams Syndrome and we are promoting an awareness event on May 17th at Forest Hills HS, West Palm Beach, Florida and would like you to sponsor her or better yet, join us at our event and be our spokesperson for Williams Syndrome.

Williams Syndrome is a genetic disorder caused by the micro-deletion of Chromosome 7 after birth, affects approximately 1 in 10,000 and can decimate families physically, emotionally and most of all financially. Williams syndrome is characterized by a wide range of medical complications where some can be fatal. Medical can be a multiple diagnosis of Autism, Epilepsy, Scheuermanns Disease, Scoliosis, Asthma, Eye and Ear diseases and more. WS children and adults have extensive dental complications that last throughout their lifetime. Please visit the WSCLF at wschanginglives.org.

I hope you get a chance to read my letter. Julia :-)

vitorian

hey ellen ,

imma huge fan ! (gay pride) but i was wondering did you get my letter ? i really need help .... i see you be helping alot of people and keeping people happy and.....things like that , imma 16 year old rapper and singer i been trying to get my music out there but it seems like i cant because im in foster care and they dont help you on things like this...i already got 10 whole song written ! 6 raps song to ! i kinda think im an awesome singer and singer and so does the people who heard me....i have some on youtube but..lol funny thing..i forgot what was my name on youtube sooo thats no help....!

#WaitingMail

Jessica Lokhammer

I am writing to see if you can help a women who I work with. She lost her husband and raised their two kids alone. Her daughter just got engaged. She had a flash mob proposal at Central Park on April 6,2014. Her mom ( who is work with) is a wonderful person and works very hard. She raised two beautiful children and would love to see her get the help she deserves for her daughters wedding!

Cora Stenberg

Read about Arion Morrison on facebook about his journey back from death. He needs special "Wheels". He has the most amazing, loving family. His family is partly in Minnesota and partly in Australia. You will see what I mean if you go to his facebook page. Thank you for considering him.

Joe Turney

Hello Ellen,
I'm writing as you recently had country star Luke Bryan on your show. I'm posting to try to see if any of you may be able to help fulfill a dream for my 19 year old cousin Timothy who struggles with both Autism as well as Fragile X Syndrome. He is a huge country music fan and is going to see his favorite artist, Luke Bryan, in Pittsburgh, PA this summer. It would mean the world to both him as well as our whole family if anyone may be able to help make this happen. This young man deserves to have his wish come true more than anyone I know. Please notify me if anyone may be able to help out with fulfilling this request. Thank you so much in advance.

Lise Cassels

Have you ever had an episode where estranged family members where reunited? I have t seen my brother in over 20 years!

Lise Cassels
Stratford, Ontario
Canada

Benjamin Winter

Ellen,

My wife, children, and I watch your show everyday after I get home from school. I have been attending university for 6 years now and am in the second year of my PhD program. As you are probably aware, graduate students struggle financially even more that undergrads. I understand that graduate school is an option and I could have chosen to go into industry right away after by Bachelors, but my passion is to do research and to educate others. I am writing to express our financial need, because knowing other families' struggles of third year PhD students, it is only a matter of time before car payments, car repairs, rent increases, medical bills, etc. become too much for the low income we have. I often contemplate leaving graduate school to get a job outside of being a graduate teaching assistant, to support my family, but I would never be able to return to my PhD program, nor finish it without a lab and equipment. I mean I have applied to every scholarship/fellowship applicable to my situation and at most received honorable mentions (which is still very amazing in my mind). What are my options? I know you make miracles happen, and all I am asking for is a point in the right direction. This is so that my family and I don't have to struggle and can maybe spend more time together, knowing that my PhD won't drag us down and can actually be a happy thing for all of us.

Thank you very much for your consideration, Ellen!

Sincerely,