Ellen loves responding to her viewers, so today she answered another batch of mail. She weighed in on everything from the iPad to "American Idol" -- and was surprised to find out what Mama does at "Idol"!

video: ellen responds

Comments

(Page 1 of 308) 1234567Older
Nicole
20 hours ago

Hello, Ellen. I know you are a busy woman, but I just wanted to say I am a big fan. I had seen one of your shows about a girl who had a double lung transplant. I thought she was an amazing young lady. I had a kidney transplant, in June 2013, and I am doing well. thanks to the support I have from my family. I really do not have friends. But my daughters are my friends. My fiancée is my best friend, and God. I am going to school to be a personal trainer for children. I think children do not have everything they need to know to stay fit, and our so called pe classes are horrible. I know Mrs. Obama is trying to fix that, but I think more should be done. Sorry, I could go on and on. I mainly wanted to say hello, to you, a wonderful person who truly cares about others. Thank you for just being you and not a fakie. I also live in Omaha, Ne and I am 41, but that has nothing to do with what I want to do for others. I will never let myself be limited. No matter what. your fan. Nicole.

Avanelle Heagy

Thank you Ellen for helping so many people .. At first I was going to tell my story but after I read some of the people with children that need you and your help .. I decided to just Thank You .. We are old but they are so young and have their whole lives ahead .. With a little help maybe they have a chance to a good life. Love your. Show .. Feel kinda selfish right now ..

Xianne Sillie

Hello Dear Ellen my name is Xianne Sillie and a live in a beautiful island named Curacao next to Aruba
10 years old and i live with my mother:48 my sister:16 and grandma;76 and a dog:4 named Dash.i am your biggest fan ever i like it when your making others people life happy .I love you so much.Evry day i watch your show with my mom.
I love my mom so much she means the hole but hole wold to me .
my mom is divorce. My mom struggle whit the money cause she don't have enough that's the reason im as ken you for the help as please answer me

Melinda Sturdivant

Hello and i wanted to know when you had started in show business?

Amanda Netti

Dear Ellen,

I love you! You are really such an amazing person. I have been a fan of yours for sooo long. I love your comedy hours, your sitcom, your books, and your show of course. I watch you all the time and you are the best to watch when anyone is experiencing difficult situations in life. Whenever I am upset about something, I know that as soon as I watch you, you will help me forget about whatever it is that is making me upset. Besides that you are probably the funniest person, you are such a loving and giving person. It seems to make you so happy to make others happy and that is definitely what makes me love you so much. I will never stop watching your great show and please keep writing! My goal is to come to California one day and come to your show. In the meantime, come visit us New Yorkers!

Love,
Amanda

Cindy  Holshouser

Ellen, Im hoping that you can help a co-worker of mine.We work at Goodwill Industries in Duluth. She has a Husband that is disabled, and three small kids. One of her kids is autistic and has seizures. My co-workers name is Laura. She bought a used car and was paying payments every month. Things kept going wrong with it. The last time she brought it in to the shop, she couldn't afford to pay for it. She told the mechanic to call the place that she got her car(van) at, to just come and reposess it. I just want to cry when I think about her. I would be so greatful if could help her and her Family.

Salwin anand

Hi Ellen last year I wrote to you requesting if you could give me a chance to share my journey of hope with the world as I was then writing a book. I finally completed imy book and did self publishing 20 days ago .My book is called Caught in a storm my journey of hope by Salwin Anand. I would appreciate if you could please help me share this journey of hope with the world. It was my dad's last wish that I wrote a inspirational book. My book is also available on amazon , Barnes &noble google books balboa press. It is available as soft cover book Ebook kobo book and also can be downloaded on desktop eReader tablet iOS Android blackberry Windows and google play. I hope if possible Ellen you will be able to help me share this journey of hope in fulfilling my dad's last wish . God bless and looking forward to hearing from you.

Shazi

Ellen Today(21st of July) is my BIRTHDAY can u plz tell Jared Leto to call and say happy Birthday ? that would make my 17th Birthday so awesome ,thanks <3 waiting

Davey Huffman

How can I find out if the Tim McGraw concert tickets on 8/9 at The Woodlands, Tx have been awarded?
Ellen, love you show and great sense of humor.
Be kind to one another-what a great way to live. If everyone did that what a wonderful world this would be.
Have a great summer. Looking forward to Season 12!!!

logan reed

Dear ellen i wish my mom sister could see pink she has done so much for me and i want her dream to come true if that could be a dream that could come true this is what it would be im 13 born logan renee reed my sis name crystal doty 32

Helen Cortez

Wanted to share this awesome show I discovered on tru hd channel 246 on direct tv, called the carbonero effect. I hope you find him just as amazing as I did so you will have him on your show to share with everyone else. Enjoy!
con mucho carino! Helen

Zoe smith

I love justin bibber can you arrange him to come to my house and surprise me I'm also his biggest friend

Kevin Donaldson

Hello Ellen,
First time commenter, that could concentrate on the negative in my life but would love to instead share the positive. I grew up in a one parent home during times of not having friends, belittled by my teachers, but have always remained positive of a better life and outcome. I have gone thru highs and lows, but a smile is constantly there cause my mother always showed me love. She is an amazing woman who as always been at my side. She sacrificed a lot for me. After being laid off from two jobs going back to school and not having enough money to finish my course, she has been there. I love her so and if anything you want to shout back at please let it be her. She has been thru alot but I am sure being able to be there to see your show would make her a very happy woman and I want to be able to see that before she passes on.
Again this is not about me this is about her. I love her dearly and do not want her to pass before letting her know how much i care about her.

Sincerely

Kevin

Samantha

Hey Ellen my name is Samantha me and my husband apartment burned down a month or so back and our son Eli was born six weeks early so we are having a beef and beer Clayton in New Jersey to help us pay our bills my husband also the same day of the fire the same building caught fire was his job n are apartment building unfortunately we are having difficulty selling the tickets to our beef and beer Because everyone is on vacation this time of year to put my last hundred and $50 towards this event because you have to purchase a liquor license and now I can't even get anyone to come you can email me at Sko4693@aol.com you could face book me at Samantha Hutton I was wondering if u could make a donation or if you knew anyone that could make a donation

Jennifer Romeo

Hey Ellen! My name is Jennifer Romeo and I live in Brooklyn. I am a big fan of yours and I'm inspired by your life.You are very funny and I love to watch you dance lol. Let me get to my purpose of writing this letter. I got accepted to UCONN for Fall 2014. Things are not looking good for me financially. My parents are not able to contribute money to my education. My father just had a stroke, and therefore can't work. My mother is a CNA who only works three times a week . Her pay is low. They are having a difficult time supporting my brothers and me. Ever since my dad had the stroke, everything has gone down the drain. Trying to pay the light, water, cable, and gas bills, taking care of four kids, and trying to survive has been exhausting. Imagine me going away ! Things are going to be much harder for them. Although I will be applying for a job on campus, my pay will not be enough. In addition, I still have to pay $27,000 for my tuition. I really want to go to UCONN and graduate in four years with a bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science. I would like to become a neurosurgeon. I played basketball in highschool and also want to play for UCONN - which has the number 1 team right now. I really love basketball. I plan on applying for scholarships if I make the team, but it's not guaranteed . Ellen, can you please lend me a hand ? I really need as much support as i can get. I guarantee you, I will graduate college. I won't fail you, my parents, nor me. God will truly bless you.

Sincerely,