Everyone is talking about Ellen's big announcement that she's starting a record label called eleveneleven. A lot of people have been asking where the name came from, so today she has the explanation.

video: ellen explains her eleveneleven record label

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
Tera Sheerin

Hello, Ellen!

My name is Tera Lynn Sheerin. I am 18 years old, born in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
I am a singer/songwriter, and have been since the age of 13.
During the summer I was 12 years old, my older brother gave me a guitar. I hadn't taken any lessons, and it was tough, but still, by myself, kept at it for months. I used books and websites online to help teach myself. Before long, I was singing and playing covers of some of my favorite rock bands such as Green Day and The Doors. Finally, I even began writing my own songs!
I now have a total of over 50 original songs, and an 11 track rough draft CD album I've created myself.
I've recently just returned from an 8 month long high school exchange program to Japan, which I must say opened many new doors for my writing, inspiring me and teaching me so much about the world and its variety of cultures. I will now be repeating my senior year, lost from my exchange.
These days, I spend my time with close friends and family. I am very involved in my school Drama Club, and hope to someday study musical theatre, as it is also a great interest of mine. However, these plans can be easily adjusted if you could somehow give me the opportunity to live up to my dreams of sharing my music with the world.
Please contact me! Please help me reach these dreams!
ありがとうございます!
Thank-you!

-Tera

Sean Jordan

Hi Ellen, I'm just a high school junior who had my heart ripped out. I wrote this song to help me get over the heartache. It has helped.
Sean

Nick J. Straight

Can't submit my demo due to "Website not available" error. So I'll try this instead...

My name is Nick Straight. I am 30 years old and live in Spokane, Washington. I've been playing guitar since I was 8 and writing music since I was 14. I've always been out playing my music as a side gig, but now, it's time to make it happen for real. I'm going through a difficult time in life right now. My wife of 9 years, Angela, and I are splitting up because she wants me to have the freedom to pursue my dreams. I love her with all my heart and want to stay, but I realize that she is right. I'll never know what I can do, unless I take the risk and put everything I have on the line to realize my dreams. My music is always honest and from the heart. Each song I write tells another piece of my story, in the best way I know how. Music is the universal language and has the power to change the world. It is my dream to touch people's hearts and let them know that someone else out there has felt the same way that they have. Music has given me so much joy and has allowed me to express myself on a deeper level than just words alone. My influences have been the great singer/songwriters: James Taylor. Cat Stevens. Neil Young. John Lennon. Etc... To have the chance to play my music on your show or to be lucky enough to be part of ElevenEleven Records, would truly be a privilege and honor for a music man who has waited his whole life to share himself with the world through his music. I am very hopeful - about this opportunity and a chance for a new life. Thank you for your consideration.

Link to my videos - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kms-drR1iVU

This song is for my dear wife and I recorded it on our first night apart...

Led

Dear Ellen,

I can't submit a demo t your page. I am an aspiring songwriter. May I interest you with a song I wrote inspired by the tv series Glee. Big fan here in the Philippines, yup I am in the Phillipines. It was Fin Hudson and Rachel Berry singing at the back of my head the whole time I was writing it.

hope you will find this a potential material for your record label, and as a tribute for dear Cory Monteith.

Sincerely,
Medel

ps, my girlfriend is not a singer but she tried her best to help me accomplish this goal. many more writings i have in stored waiting.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PtxtekxroE

Led

Dear Ellen,

I can't submit a demo t your page. I am an aspiring songwriter. May I interest you with a song I wrote inspired by the tv series Glee. Big fan here in the Philippines, yup I am in the Phillipines. It was Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry singing at the back of my head the whole time I was writing it.

hope you will find this a potential material for your record label, and as a tribute as well for dear Cory Monteith.

Sincerely,
Medel

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PtxtekxroE

Led

Dear Ellen,

Sincerely,
Medel

youtube.com/watch?v=-PtxtekxroE
(please add triple "w" to watch)

Calvin Cadet

Hi,
MY name is Calvin Cadet and i am an inspiring singer, rapper, dancer. I understand that i dont have millions of views on YouTube but i am doing good for myself and hopefully you can help me achieve my goals!

PLEASE WATCH ANY VIDEOS http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=calvin+cadet&oq=cal&gs_l=youtube.3.0.35i39j0l9.21022.21719.0.22864.3.3.0.0.0.0.260....479.0j2j1.3.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.vMHE9SvVpuI

Jessica Smith

I am very passionate about singing and want to go far with it. It would be so cool if you saw my videos :) thanks so much!

Ricky

I am a Gospel rapper/singer please check out my video i must say i am talented http://youtu.be/hPi-j8EvJfc

Blake Bliss

BlakeBliss.com

Blake Bliss musician, who writes and plays his own original music.
His mission is to inspire and bring hope to youth worldwide through his music and youtube channels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcsRQZajA4 Music

He is dedicating his life to make a difference (one youth at a time)after his own journey of a 10 year deep depression and suicidal thoughts.

He has founded two not for profit organizations in Canada.
CAPAOC.org bringing awareness to mental health and suicide prevention

Compassionandpeace.org an online safe community for youth worldwide, where they can made friends in a safe positive environment and share creative ideas.

He would be an asset to your show and or record label.This is someone you need to speak too

Please help someone who is helping our world

Jacob Dean

If you want to see a great singer, check this link out. She won't disappoint...amazing!!

Obediah Wilson

Ellen,

Please Ellen I watch your show every day and I pray you will find me in a sea of so many hopefull souls....Ellen you are my last hope please sign me to eleven eleven...please.

Obediah Wilson
"Raise your Vibration"
CD on amazon music or itunes.

God Bless your sweet heart Ellen.

Susan Wood

Hi Ellen, I've been trying to send you a video of my Grandson.... He has been posting on youtube for over 4 years and has around 60 covers and originals but I can't figure out how to send you his "Door to Door" video or any of the others... So maybe you could have a look... It's under harrymoe13 on youtube.... Thanks Ellen... Your show is the only one that my 90 year old Mom watches because it makes her feel good even if she doesn't know all those "New Stars" you have on. Love you too. By the way my sister passed away 15 years ago but her special number was 1111 and at least once and sometimes twice a day I look up at the clock and see 1111. It's my little reminder to say hello to her, she was a very spiritual person, you and your humor also reminds me of her. Thank you for your time Susan

rhebja

Hi Ellen,This is Rhebja's acting manager, she is an aspiring singer from the Philippines,and she is 13 years old,but currently living in thailand with the whole family, she usually did a cover but she also write her own lyrics.but I think she really need help of people like that would make her dream come true.here is the link of one of her cover.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehivpX-eUoE

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older